Author Thread: Friends and non-christian friends....
Admin

Friends and non-christian friends....
Posted : 19 Jul, 2009 10:43 PM

I find that i have a hard time following the path of God when i hang out with ONLY people who are not christians. I also find it difficult to become friends with non-believers when i ONLY hang out with christian friends. I understand that we need to live in the world but not of it, which means to separate ourselves from sin, correct? But to separate ourselves from sin, does that mean we can't be friends with non-believers? and if so, how are we supposed to witness for God, if all we do is surround ourselves with godly people? After all....arn't we holding peace just waiting to be givin to someone else?

Opinions please

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Jul, 2009 09:07 AM

dear night, you are right it will make it hard for you to keep on path by hangin out with non believers all the time..

i believe its ok to have friends who are not believers as you can be a good witness to em.. but maybe not till youre strong enuff that you dont allow it to affect your walk.. to me its kind of a judgement call for yourself..

ole cattle

just_a_guy

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2009 06:11 PM

I know how you feel, the only Christian friends that I have are on-line all of my other friends are non-Christians.

I just hope and pray that they will become Christians, repent and be saved. One of them is now thinking about going to church :)

I'm just trying to be a good, loving example of Jesus to them.

Stan4life

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Jul, 2009 04:52 PM

Dear Night;

You are absolutely right, we are not of this world although we are in it. You need to have the right balance. You need fellowship with other christians, we are here to share the good and the bad and we are here to help build each other up and prepare for our personal missions. We need to make our mark in the world to help and encourage others to find Christ.

Stan

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2009 08:17 AM

Praise the LORD JESUS CHRIST and peace be unto you my sister.

My method is -In and Out- when it comes to non-believers. My Friend is the LORD JESUS CHRIST WHO will never let me down, and I'm satisfied with that.

By the grace of GOD, i testify CHRIST To non-believer's daily and keep it at the Gospel. I don't hang around too long giving to enemy any opportunity to change the direction of communication.

As far as Christians, I seek to encourage them in the faith as GOD gives opportunity.

But mainly I'm hanging out in the WORD of GOD and in prayer, with my FRIEND JESUS. Always listening to Christian music, and testifying CHRIST to all or almost all i come into contact with. That's my personal walk, I know everyone is not the same, but I like it. Praise the LORD1

In the Love of CHRIST,

Thaddeus