Author Thread: 1-30-2021 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Relationship-Husband & Wife”
WaitingForJesus

View Profile
History
1-30-2021 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Relationship-Husband & Wife”
Posted : 30 Jan, 2021 10:25 AM

1-30-2021 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Relationship-Husband & Wife” Colossians 3:18-19, I Peter 3:1-8

============================================================================

A lot of men want to stop at the beginning of verse 18 and go no further. The Bible does say wives are to submit but it does also says that men should love their wives. Two things to watch out for:

1) Watch out for One Verse Theology: This is basing your beliefs on one verse in the Bible. We should read the passage in its full context and read the whole chapter along with other verses as well.

2) Watch out for Skip a Verse Theology: Don’t put yourself before God and be skipping verses you don’t like. Trust that God’s ways are above your ways.

In verse 18 it says, wives submit to your husband as it is fit in the Lord. In verse 19 it says, husbands love your wives and be not bitter against them. We must remember that we are all made equal and one in God no matter your race, gender or skin color. Every Christian is to submit to one another in an act of humility and love. In Christian marriages, husband and wife are one. Wives submit and let the husband lead. Verse 19 means that husbands love their wives and lay down their lives for their wife. Sacrifice for your wife. Treat your wife the way Jesus treats the Church. This is for Christian marriages and not for women to submit to other men.

I Peter 3:1 This says wives be submissive to your husband. This is like when we submit to our boss at work and like when Jesus submitted to the authorities. Each spouse is of equal value but God has put the man as the leader of the house. God tailors the wife to fit, adjust to the husband. Wives that have unbelieving husbands are not to nag them. They are to show them by modeling a Christian lifestyle to the unbelieving husband. Wives are to let their adornment not be just fixing their hair nice and wearing jewelry. There should be an inward beauty in their heart. Spend more time reading the Word of God then looking into the mirror.

Verse 7-8 This says husbands are to dwell and be involved with their wives. They should try to understand and know their wife. Know what makes her tick, what tickles her and what ticks her off. Marriage is not about being 50-50 but it’s about being 100 -100. This is when each one is willing to give to the relationship 100%. Let your comments to each other be nice and encouraging and not nit picking and the putting down of your spouse. Treat your wife as a thoroughbred and she will not be a nag. Husbands, your wife has a gentleness and a tenderness that you lack. You need to honor her for that. Men need to protect their wife, cover her when she gets a bit crabby. Treat her as she is God’s girl and your sister in Christ. Wives submit to your husbands and husbands love your wives and don’t be bitter toward them.

Amen

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
1-30-2021 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Relationship-Husband & Wife”
Posted : 30 Jan, 2021 11:11 AM

Many many marriages end due to men dishonoring their wives.

Yet Many Divorced men are on Christian dating sites seeking a serious relationship.

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 01:08 AM

Hosea 3:18 And in that day will I make a covenant for them with the beasts of the field and with the fowls of heaven, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will break the bow and the sword and the battle out of the earth, and will make them to lie down safely.

19 And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.

20 I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the Lord.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 06:32 AM

Mark 10:9

Nasb

What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 06:32 AM

Mark 10:9

Nasb

What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 06:36 AM

Problem is, many Couples have Not been joined together by God.

Since the Fall of man , sin is ramped in this World.

They don't don't consult God whom to marry.

ADAM7777

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 02:37 PM

Ask this question then, do couples consult God, or God gives the gift already:

Acts 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also WAS POURED OUT THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST.

Romans 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one THE FREE GIFT CAME UPON ALL MEN UNTO JUSTIFICATION OF LIFE.

James 1:17 EVERY GOOD GIFT AND EVERY PERFECT GIFT IS FROM ABOVE, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Proverbs 18:22 WHOSO FINDETH A WIFE FINDETH A GOOD THING, and OBTAINETH FAVOUR OF THE LORD.

As for consulting with God, God has testified forever what way they ONLY CONSULT....

Psalm 62:4 THEY ONLY CONSULT TO CAST HIM DOWN FROM HIS EXCELLENCY: they delight IN LIES: THEY BLESS WITH THEIR MOUTH, BUT THEY CURSE INWARDLY. Selah.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 02:46 PM

Hebrews 13:4

Marriage is to be held in honor among all , and the marriage bed is to be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge.

Nasb

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 02:48 PM

Marriage is for All who desire to be married.

Doesn't mean everyone is guaranteed a Spouse.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 02:52 PM

Matthew 19:9

And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.

Nasb

Note

Divorce is valid if the man commits adultery.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 31 Jan, 2021 02:53 PM

In All your getting get an Understanding of the Scriptures.

Page : 1 2