Author Thread
WaitingForJesus

View Profile
1-30-2021 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Relationship-Husband & Wife”
Posted : 30 Jan, 2021 10:25 AM

1-30-2021 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater Pastor Keith “Relationship-Husband & Wife” Colossians 3:18-19, I Peter 3:1-8

============================================================================

A lot of men want to stop at the beginning of verse 18 and go no further. The Bible does say wives are to submit but it does also says that men should love their wives. Two things to watch out for:

1) Watch out for One Verse Theology: This is basing your beliefs on one verse in the Bible. We should read the passage in its full context and read the whole chapter along with other verses as well.

2) Watch out for Skip a Verse Theology: Don’t put yourself before God and be skipping verses you don’t like. Trust that God’s ways are above your ways.

In verse 18 it says, wives submit to your husband as it is fit in the Lord. In verse 19 it says, husbands love your wives and be not bitter against them. We must remember that we are all made equal and one in God no matter your race, gender or skin color. Every Christian is to submit to one another in an act of humility and love. In Christian marriages, husband and wife are one. Wives submit and let the husband lead. Verse 19 means that husbands love their wives and lay down their lives for their wife. Sacrifice for your wife. Treat your wife the way Jesus treats the Church. This is for Christian marriages and not for women to submit to other men.

I Peter 3:1 This says wives be submissive to your husband. This is like when we submit to our boss at work and like when Jesus submitted to the authorities. Each spouse is of equal value but God has put the man as the leader of the house. God tailors the wife to fit, adjust to the husband. Wives that have unbelieving husbands are not to nag them. They are to show them by modeling a Christian lifestyle to the unbelieving husband. Wives are to let their adornment not be just fixing their hair nice and wearing jewelry. There should be an inward beauty in their heart. Spend more time reading the Word of God then looking into the mirror.

Verse 7-8 This says husbands are to dwell and be involved with their wives. They should try to understand and know their wife. Know what makes her tick, what tickles her and what ticks her off. Marriage is not about being 50-50 but it’s about being 100 -100. This is when each one is willing to give to the relationship 100%. Let your comments to each other be nice and encouraging and not nit picking and the putting down of your spouse. Treat your wife as a thoroughbred and she will not be a nag. Husbands, your wife has a gentleness and a tenderness that you lack. You need to honor her for that. Men need to protect their wife, cover her when she gets a bit crabby. Treat her as she is God’s girl and your sister in Christ. Wives submit to your husbands and husbands love your wives and don’t be bitter toward them.

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Psalm 57;1-3, Psalm 59;1-4, 9-13, Psalm 41;11
Posted : 29 Jan, 2021 08:42 AM

Psalm 57;1-3, Psalm 59;1-4, 9-13, Psalm 41;11

================================

Psalm 57;1-3

===========

Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me. He shall send from heaven, and save from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.

Psalm 59;1-4, 9-13,

================

Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God; defend me from them that rise up against me. Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men. For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD. They run and prepare themselves without my fault; awake to help me, and behold.

Because of His strength will I wait upon thee; for God is my defense. The God of my mercy shall prevent me; God shall let me see my desire upon mine enemies. Slay them not, lest my people forget; scatter them by thy power; and bring them down, O Lord our shield. For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride; and for cursing and lying which they speak. Consume them in wrath, consume them that they may not be; and let them know that God ruleth in Jacob unto the ends of the earth. Selah.

Psalm 41;11

==========

By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Revelation 21;1-8
Posted : 27 Jan, 2021 10:17 AM

Revelation 21;1-8

===============

And I saw a new Heaven and a new earth: for the first Heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I, John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of Heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And He that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And He said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And He said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
I Timothy 2:1-6
Posted : 25 Jan, 2021 08:30 AM

I Timothy 2:1-6

==============

I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Sabbath 2/18/17 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater, FL Pastor Keith sermon “Start Digging In”
Posted : 23 Jan, 2021 09:50 AM

Sabbath 2/18/17 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater, FL Pastor Keith sermon “Start Digging In” Proverbs 2:1-9, Hebrews 5:9, I Kings 8, 9, 10

===========================================================================

There was a man who said he was old with pains, dementia, failing health but he only thanked God that he still had his driver’s license. Physical maturity comes automatically but spiritual growth and maturity does not. Spiritual growth needs to have studying of the bible, prayer and a relationship with Jesus. Only the Lord can satisfy our growth and only the Lord can give us Living Water.

Many people brag that they can quote the whole bible but we are shocked when we see the lifestyle they lead. There once was a girl who had mastered the art of speed reading. She could read out loud faster than anyone, but what was the point? No one learned anything because no one could pause to learn anything. Many people go thru life and don’t care to learn anything. Look at your years of professed Christianity. Is there any difference in your spiritual growth or your understanding of the Word of God? I want you to first remember that I’m preaching to myself as well. And second, that I’m preaching in love.

In our text in Proverbs, Solomon asked for wisdom. Solomon wrote the book of Proverbs so he could share the wisdom he learned from the Lord. In I Kings it says that Solomon was wiser than all the wise men of his time. Many people came to hear the Wisdom of Solomon. Our text says if we keep God’s commandments and seek His wisdom as if we are seeking a hidden treasure, the Lord will give us wisdom and understanding. There is not a six step process or a speed reading way to get God’s wisdom. We must try to not get caught up in the fast pace of life and forget God. We must probe and dig deeper into God’s word. We must not just want to be “entertained”. We must see the “shallow” of this world and think on God’s Word instead. Search the scriptures diligently and read God’s word at least 15 minutes a day. Turn off the TV!! God’s Word will be life changing to us all.

Hebrews 5:9 Jesus is the author of salvation and we must not be “dull” in hearing Him. When subjects start to get deep, some people start looking at their watch and are ready to go. We, who have been walking with the Lord, should be able to lead people to Christ. We should be eating “solid” food from the Word and not be like babies using a bottle of “milk”. We need to think about this because maybe we are not growing in Christ. We need to pursue God to grow spiritually. It’s all up to us!! We are to feed ourselves spiritual food from the Truth of God’s Word. Do we just rely on the pastor teaching us and feeding us the Word? We are to feed ourselves the Word!!! As we mature, we learn what is right and wrong by searching the scriptures for ourselves. We don’t need someone to tell us.

Stay in the Word of God and all our questions will answered. We will be able to teach others also. We need to feed ourselves daily on “solid” food out of the Word of God. The Word of God is the MOST beneficial, nutritious thing for our body and soul. It is like a child who doesn’t want to eat her broccoli but wants junk food instead. We as Christians should feed on the wisdom of God that is in the Word of God. Eat your broccoli! Eat the Word of God! God has shown us the path to get wisdom. He said to ask Him for it and He will give it to us. If we cry out for understanding, the Lord will give us the wisdom we desire. Pray for God to help us diligently search the scriptures of the Word of God.

AMEN

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Isaiah 30;8-15, Psalm 37;9-11
Posted : 23 Jan, 2021 09:01 AM

Isaiah 30;8-15, Psalm 37;9-11

========================

Isaiah 30;8-15

============

Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever; That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD; Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits; Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us.

Wherefore thus saith the Holy One of Israel, Because ye despise this word, and trust in oppression and perverseness, and stay thereon; Therefore this iniquity shall be to you as a breach ready to fall, swelling out in a high wall, whose breaking cometh suddenly at an instant. And He shall break it as the breaking of the potters’ vessel that is broken in pieces; He shall not spare; so that there shall not be found in the bursting of it a sherd to take fire from the hearth, or to take water withal out of the pit. For thus saith the Lord GOD, the Holy One of Israel; In returning and rest shall ye be saved; in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength; and ye would not.

Psalm 37;9-11

============

For evildoers shall be cut off; but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be; yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Deuteronomy 31;6, Psalm 62;1-2, Isaiah 44;21-22
Posted : 20 Jan, 2021 06:34 AM

Deuteronomy 31;6, Psalm 62;1-2, Isaiah 44;21-22

=============================

Deuteronomy 31;6

===============

Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them; for the LORD thy God, He it is that doth go with thee. He will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

Psalm 62;1-2

===========

Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from Him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved.

Isaiah 44;21-22

=============

Remember these, O Jacob and Israel; for thou art my servant: I have formed thee; thou art my servant; O Israel, thou shalt not be forgotten of me. I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
Isaiah 45;3, Job 27;8,16-17, Proverbs 28;8, Psalm 75;6-7, Deuteronomy 28;8, Proverbs 10;22, Proverbs 13;21-22, Isaiah 48;17
Posted : 18 Jan, 2021 09:15 AM

Isaiah 45;3, Job 27;8,16-17, Proverbs 28;8, Psalm 75;6-7, Deuteronomy 28;8, Proverbs 10;22, Proverbs 13;21-22, Isaiah 48;17

============================================================

Isaiah 45;3

=========

And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.

Job 27;8,16-17

============

For what is the hope of the hypocrite, though he hath gained, when God taketh away his soul? Though he heap up silver as the dust, and prepare raiment as the clay; He may prepare it, but the just shall put it on, and the innocent shall divide the silver.

Proverbs 28;8

============

He that by usury and unjust gain increaseth his substance, he shall gather it for him that will pity the poor.

Psalm 75;6-7

===========

For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: He putteth down one, and setteth up another.

Deuteronomy 28;8

================

The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and He shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Proverbs 10;22

=============

The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and He addeth no sorrow with it.

Proverbs 13;21-22

===============

Evil pursueth sinners: but to the righteous good shall be repaid. A good man leaveth an inheritance to his children’s children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.

Isaiah 48;17

==========

Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
1/16/2021 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater, FL Pastor Keith “Put Off the Old and Put on the New Man”
Posted : 16 Jan, 2021 09:41 AM

1/16/2021 Seventh Day Baptist Edgewater, FL Pastor Keith “Put Off the Old and Put on the New Man” Colossians 3:1-11

=================================================================

It is possible to get caught up in the idea of being a Christian and forget to love Jesus. We can get caught up and love the good works, the idea of going to church and leave our first love, Jesus. Don’t get caught up in Christianity, the acts of it and not love Jesus and have a relationship with Him. Christianity without the love of Jesus is like being married and not loving your spouse. You say I can be married without a wife.

We have to be all about Jesus, with Jesus, in Jesus and for Jesus. We are to seek things that are above, look up to Jesus and not be concerned so much about things on the earth. We need to look unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our Faith. Look to Jesus who died on the cross, rose again and is now sitting on the right hand of God in Heaven. Keep your eyes and thoughts on Jesus. This whole life down here is like street traffic we go through on our journey to Heaven and Jesus.

We should invest our time and energy in things of God and the home we have with the Lord Jesus. We have a new life in Jesus so take off the old self that died and put on the new self that we got through Jesus. Stop doing the old self things like anger, wrath, malice, bad thoughts and evil words out of our mouth. Put off our old practices and put them in the garbage can. Put them out of our minds. We must put them off. Don’t get caught up in greed and lust because now we love Jesus. We do this not just because it’s in the rule book but because we love Jesus.

The new you is being made new again with the knowledge of Him that has created you. It’s like we are going back to the book of Genesis. We are remade into the image of God. We are to be a picture of God’s nature. It is like when a son looks like his dad and acts like his dad. Jesus is God’s image and He came to renew us into God’s image. We are all in Jesus Christ because He is all in all no matter your race, gender or economic status. There are no dividing lines and in Christ Jesus we are one! When people see us, let them see our Heavenly Father in us.

Amen

WaitingForJesus

View Profile
John 3;8, John 14;2-3
Posted : 15 Jan, 2021 06:13 AM

John 3;8, John 14;2-3

=====================

John 3;8

========

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth; so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

John 14:2-3

==========

In my Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Amen

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10