Author Thread: american women
Admin

american women
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 09:20 AM

I think one of the biggest problems with american women is the ever popular"i dont need a man"The so called feminist movement starting in the 60s has blurred the roles of men and women too much!Of course i beleive in equal rights under the law,and equal pay for equal work,thats not the issue,Im talking about traditional male and female roles.We were created differently,for different purposes,yet a lot of women continue to try to outdo men in every area,men were created with the hearts of warriors and heroes!yet a lot of women would have us reduced to inneffectual wimps!This is also part of the curse in the garden of eden,Your desire will be for your husband,and he will rule over you,wich means she really wants to rule over him!A womans real power in a relationship is building up her man,giving him confidence when hes down,and bringing him down to earth if hes too prideful.I think a wise women gets this,and i must say,generally christian women understand this more than secular women

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 12:27 PM

okay honey, you have my permission.

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 12:28 PM

ManofGod, I was only kidding. I know you have a sense of humor.

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 02:46 PM

LOL:hearts::glow::laugh:

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 04:22 PM

hey,how are you doin up there?

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 07:26 PM

This was an excellent read!! It's encouraging to hear that this type of dialogue is going on in the kingdom!!! I was married for 15 years and there were definitely times when I overstepped my bounds as a wife. I wanted to be both Adam and Eve. NOT GOOD! Conversely, there were times when he simply wouldn't take the lead. So, I've learned a lot since then and so I know that when we submit to God we can find our way to be the help-mate that God calls us to be. It's not always easy, but in Christ, we can find the balance.

Blessings to you all!!!

~Marie

PS: ManofGod...I really liked the "spare tire" comment. VERY well put!

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 08:59 PM

Thanks for joining the conversation,we need more spare tires around here!LOL and by the way its help-mete(whatever that means:applause:) In Christ Steven

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 03:50 PM

For me its not that I wanted that control the "I dont need a man" attitude. It was either I did everything that needed to be done or it wasnt going to get done. My ex felt his only job was too work. Everything else was left up to me. Even though i worked also and went to school full time. I call it more survival instincts than i would "i dont need a man". I wanted him to take control and be the head of household. To lead his family where we should be going but never would. That is why I wont settle for anything less. I want that man who will Lead and let me be his help-mete. I want to walk beside him and not in front or behind.

God Bless You,

Carolyn

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 29 Jul, 2009 06:01 AM

i'm doing good up here, LOL.

my ex husband did not lead in a Godly way.

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 29 Jul, 2009 06:07 AM

hey no fair your above me again:hearts:

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 29 Jul, 2009 06:35 AM

Well...I tried very hard to be a virtuous type wife. I feel I suceeded but in so doing I lost a big part of myself. I supported my husband, took care of the family, worked outside of the home, and took care of him, in the end, until his death. The hard thing was I got lost along the way. I am coping with doing the things he was responsible for in the relationship. If we had done more of those things together then I wouldn't be struggling, now. It has been a learning experience but you really can teach an old dog new tricks. Fortunately, I am educated so I have a job that can support me. I am a strong American woman who has and is walking both paths with God's guidance.

Page : 1 2