Author Thread: american women
Admin

american women
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 09:20 AM

I think one of the biggest problems with american women is the ever popular"i dont need a man"The so called feminist movement starting in the 60s has blurred the roles of men and women too much!Of course i beleive in equal rights under the law,and equal pay for equal work,thats not the issue,Im talking about traditional male and female roles.We were created differently,for different purposes,yet a lot of women continue to try to outdo men in every area,men were created with the hearts of warriors and heroes!yet a lot of women would have us reduced to inneffectual wimps!This is also part of the curse in the garden of eden,Your desire will be for your husband,and he will rule over you,wich means she really wants to rule over him!A womans real power in a relationship is building up her man,giving him confidence when hes down,and bringing him down to earth if hes too prideful.I think a wise women gets this,and i must say,generally christian women understand this more than secular women

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 09:38 AM

Was there a question?

At some point a man needs to take responsibility for his actions and self-esteem. Instead of blaming or giving an excuse to one's lack of "man-ness" on the females, learn from the eden story. Well, it's a thought and not one that is written on these forum.

What if the female is better at everything else (and yes everything)? What if she is able to make better decisions in, yes, it appears everything? Maybe in the 60s, men started to not take responsibility to learn how to be better decision makers and better leaders, and it's not because women made them do it. Oh, and being the one to make all the decisions, etc., does not give the experience by quantity to be better head of household. Like you, are you reading a book about parenting (ie: who moved the goal posts), do you have mentors who serve as a good father, what actions have you done that show a father figure for your child to model? Personal self growth and accountability has to be continuously worked on, not just talked about.

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 10:06 AM

Goldenstarfish,no i havent read "who moved the goalposts"Ill have to get a copy of that.As far as my being a good father i have raised my only daughter as a single parent,She is a very well adjusted 18 year old who loves her daddy to death!I think you misunderstood my premise a little,sure ive made bad decisions and im sure you have too.Im just saying god designed us differently for a reason!And just because a person can do something,doesnt always mean they should.A car can run pretty well on a spare tire,but it would be better,in the long run,with the original tire that the designer meant for it!

allyleigh

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 10:44 AM

I agree with you 100%. However, this culture hasn't just yielded women who are all "I am woman, hear me roar!", but as well plenty of men who don't know how to be a man anymore. And who can blame a man for being confused about what his role is anymore?

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 10:56 AM

great point ally,My mom and dad divorced when i was very young,i went with my mother who was not a christian,and all i remember hearing was how evil and terrible men were!After getting to know my dad as an adult,I realized,he did the best he could(even vouluntarily paid childsupport for my brother and sister wich were not his.It was more my mother wanting everything her way and not comprimising at all,She was a big womens libber,I just think things got all turned around in this country,and not for the better.Both men and women are equally to blame for this,any time we go against gods original plans,the outcome is not good!

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 11:03 AM

I'd say a lot of it has to do with loser guys in the first place, abandoning their sons. Leaving them without good role models. I have a great father, and because of him, I know what it means to be a man. But I have friends that either lost their father at a young age, or he's a slob/pig, or he left them...and they kinda remind me of...sheep that lost a shepherd. They have no direction, no drive, no stable character. It's really kind of sad. They are still great guys, but they're just missing something. I wouldn't want to be the son of 3/4 of the fathers out there. Women try to fill the void as best they can, and it's commendable...but they aren't men either. A son needs a good father to teach him what it's like. Same way a daughter needs her mother. They are the role models a child grows up with. And there is always a flip side to the coin. There are some loser women out there too. And women could probably help their sons by not marrying loser guys. But I don't want to die, so I'm going to shut up now:goofball:. I do believe that Satan is attacking men more just because that's who God set up to be the "leaders", and Satan always tries to reverse everything God sets up. I'm done now...

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 11:20 AM

wise comments DHTM,a child needs a strong father,I know i suffered because of this,It has taken me many years to overcome my lack of a good male role model,God is still healing me as we speak,but there is equal blame to go around,my mom purposely moved as far away from my father as she could so she could party and sleep around!Years later we found out that dad was devastated over this and was a pretty solid guy,but mom kept telling us how evil he was so we didnt want anything to do with him,even mom now admits he wasnt so bad!All im saying is you cant blame one gender over the other,god designed it to be one man one woman together forever to raise a family,anything outside of this is outside his will and will yeild less than desirable outcomes

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 11:41 AM

I agree with you! It's definitely NOT always the guys fault. My dad has been married twice. His first wife left him with their daughter, to go off with some other guy. I can't imagine what that feels like...and I don't want it to happen to me. I would rather avoid marriage completely then to go through a divorce...so I'm gonna be extra careful.:boxing:

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 06:04 PM

amen !! I so agree

FalSmiles

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 10:09 PM

I can only speak from personal experience. And before I do I want to clarify that I do realize that not all guys are this way. Having said this I have found that men often force women to lead. Weather it is lack of self confidence, no father figure, poor communication skills, laziness, or just plain lack of understanding, we have been forced to lead. It happen in Eden and it is still happening.

I will be honest with all of you, Yes I want a man to lead in the relationship, I want to depend on him, to seek him for guidance to submit to his loving authroity. Deep down I want him to say "Honey no not this time" and know it is because he only has love for me and our relationship in his heart. I want his spiritual leadership, his physical leadership and is loving protection.

Like Eve I want him to say "NO PUT DOWN THAT APPLE"

I do not think being American has anything to do with it. This is a biblical struggle between men and women that has been happening since that fatal day at the tree.

The question remains however, will men step up and be the better Adam, and will women submit to be the helper Eve. Lord knows I am ready.

Smiles

View Profile
History
american women
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 04:43 AM

well im willing to step up to the plate and be a man....uhh,if my future wife will let me.....:nahnah:LOL

Page : 1 2