Author Thread: Change Hubby's Mind, Without Challenging His Authority
Admin

Change Hubby's Mind, Without Challenging His Authority
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 03:19 PM

I know the husband is the head of the household. He makes the final decisions for the family.

If the husband discusses with the wife a subject matter where he knows what he wants to do, but the wife does not agree with his plans and asks for a compromise, but he has already made up his mind, what can she say or do in a respectful manner, not challenging his authority to change his mind?

Do this? :boxing: Just Kidding :laugh:

Seriously, please advise. Thank you.

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 10:52 PM

dear zoe, it would depend on whether he knew it came from GOD or not. if it came from GOD you aint gonna change his mind. or if he knows its the right thing for his family he wont change his mind... he has that responsibility.. now if his wife told him she had recieved a word from GOD , then he needs to listen to her and maybe pray on it some more before he makes a final decision.. but she should never do that if she didnt really recieve a word from GOD and was just doin so to get her way... as you remember what happens to false prophets... not good..

and if it goes against what the word of GOD says then yep she should speak up as he dont got a close relationship with GOD then as he oughta..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 01:07 AM

HI ZOE, GOOD QUESTION, I SECOND EVERYTHING THAT CATTLE SAID. GOOD WORD CATTLE.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 05:43 AM

A wise man would take the counsel of his wife to heart,there have been many great men through history that have been greatly influenced by thier wives.....john adams.....C.S lewis....Fred Flintstone.....okay maybe not that last one,but you get my meaning,the bible says there is wisdom in many counselers,also,just because the husband is the head of household,does not mean that husband and wife cannot function as a team,making up for each others weakness,the bible also says,and the two become one flesh,in a good christian marraige,i think this should be kind of a natural,easy thing!Does that make sense?:hearts: In Christ Steven

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 06:29 AM

good comments guys! thanks

FalSmiles

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 02:11 PM

Steve,

Amen to your answer, very balanced and biblical.

Smiles

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 07:54 PM

Steven I don't think anyone could of said it better. Awesome job! I agree. Amen! :applause: