Author Thread: Life after the break up
Admin

Life after the break up
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 03:40 PM

For the women on the site, when a relationship ends for amicable reasons, what kind of interaction do you prefer from your ex's? Does it change if you were good friends before or during the relationship?

View Profile
History
Life after the break up
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 04:10 PM

I can honestly say that with the exception of my ex h usband I would still count them as friends. Some I have almost no contact with some I talk to daily..

It really depends on the nature of it all

gbu

FalSmiles

View Profile
History
Life after the break up
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 07:46 AM

I would prefer to stay friends if that was the case to start with. Unfortunately I am not sure most humans are hardwired that way.

Even if you and an x could stay friends, of the new partner to one or both does not understand that concept.

Smiles

View Profile
History
Life after the break up
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 03:42 PM

After the break up sometimes it is easier said than done-- some relationships one has to be friendly if there are children involved. But if there are no children, sometimes it is just good to move on, what is the sense of keeping in touch? For what? If it did not work with you, there is a chance that he will find someone else maybe sooner than you, and how are you going to feel? Let them go!!!! :glow:

View Profile
History
Life after the break up
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 06:43 PM

To me... friendships are very special. I have 2 true friends who will be in my life forever. These are people I can count on, tell secrets too, share my problems with. I love them as if they were blood sisters, unconditional. Two people I can fully trust that no matter what if I need them they will always be there.

With that said:

If you can keep a friendship after your relationship fails, then it shouldn't of failed to begin with. As a friend to your partner there should be a way to work it out so it your relationship won't fail.

Sure you can be cordial, and nice to make things easier, but there will always be the underlying questions, the could of should ofs.

I am not friends with any of my past ex's. I don't hate any of them either. I'm nice, and if they need anything I can be there, but they will never be "friends". Just more like aquaintences.

~Lisa

View Profile
History
Life after the break up
Posted : 28 Jul, 2009 08:47 PM

not friends either... considered part of moving on.