Author Thread: what's the hardest part about finding someone you can conncet with
Admin

what's the hardest part about finding someone you can conncet with
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 01:27 AM

i guess for me is actually finding someone who's REAL, and not a fake. i've had my fair share of fakes; guys who start off as the kind of guy i'd want to get to know better, or someone i can see myself with. then, turns out, he's NOTHING like i thought he was. he either lied about who he was, or just wasn't a good guy. it's hard to find someone who you can conncet with on mulitiple levels.

what about for you? what's the hardest part about finding someone you can conncet with

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 07:10 AM

I find for myself it is super hard since I tend to be somewhat out there... meaning I have many interests and enjoy different things... and I tend to be a bit impulsive so that often turns girls off. Also I find I might be able to connect but I'm not sure if I am the person the girl wants to date or just be friends with.

It is super hard for me to find someone who I can connect with and who would see me as dateable material..

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Aug, 2009 04:29 PM

I think i tend to fall into your boat, Creative. I have so many different interests, so many different thoughts, that I tend to either scare girls away, or have to pick a select few things to share with the girls that I meet. I also tend to say what I think, without regard for how it affects the people around me, which is often not good for social situations.

I'm also an extraordinarily gifted in many areas, and I have a habit of correcting errors when i see or hear them, which almost always comes off with an 'I'm better than you' attitude, which is far from what I mean to be like, just tends to sound that way to the other person. I'm working on ways to make it seem like I'm just trying to help, instead of just correcting for the sake of correcting, but it's difficult.

All of that tends to add up to girls not being able to stand me for any longer than 3 months, and the only relationship I had that was longer, was with someone who lied to me through our entire relationship, which adds another issue, which is my tendency to not trust someone completely. That one I am trying really hard to correct; I really dislike not trusting people fully.

pattarom2009

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 07:37 AM

Finding somebody that's equally yoked is my issue.

Michael916

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 10:57 PM

Very good question! For me I think it might be my tattoos or maybe that I strayed so far from God in my past, Im getting the feeling that puts alot of women that have not had much experience with guys like me off to the point where they might either be scared to get to know me or that they think i might not be serious about my faith. These are just speculations because truly I dont really know, but so far its been a little tough!