Author Thread: FAVOURITE ADDING AND PROFILE VIEWING
Admin

FAVOURITE ADDING AND PROFILE VIEWING
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 06:56 AM

HI LADIES.

FIRSTLY, I HAVE REALISED,LIKE MANY OTHERS, THAT SOME WOMEN ON CDFF, PROBABLY THE MAJORITY, DONT APRECIATE THE SENDING OF WINKS, ESPECIALLY FROM STRANGERS WHO THEY HAVE NEVER HELD A CONVERSATION WITH. MAINLY BECAUSE THEY FEEL IT IS DISRESPECTFUL AND THAT THE SENDERS MOTIVES ARE QUESTIONABLE, WHICH IS NOW UNDERSTANDABLE, KNOWING THAT SCAMMERS AND PREDATORS ARE AMONG US.

FROM THE GUY'S POINT OF VIEW, I HAVE REALISED THAT, IN FEAR OF BEING BLOWN AWAY BY SOME WOMEN VIA THE SENDING OF A MESSAGE, SOME GUYS OPT TO SEND A WINK INSTEAD, HAVING SENT UNREPLIED MESSAGES PREVIOUSLY, BUT AGAIN, THAT PROVES UNSUCCESFUL, PROBABLY DUE TO THE ABOVE REASONS.

IN ADDITION, I HAVE REALISED THAT SOME WOMEN, PROBABLY THE MAJORITY, PREFER TO BE PURSUED, RATHER THAN TO PURSUE. BEING A MAN, HAVING BEEN MADE THE HEAD OF WOMEN, JUST AS CHRIST IS OUR HEAD, MAKES THIS TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE. (1 CORINTHIANS 11:3) ALSO BECAUSE OF (PROVERBS 18:22)

THIS BRINGS ME TO THE QUESTIONS.

WHAT IMPRESSION DO YOU GET, IF A MAN, WHO YOU HAVE NOT CONVERSATED WITH BEFORE, WHO HAS NOT WINKED OR MESSAGED YOU BEFORE, ADDS YOU TO HIS FAVOURITES?

IN YOUR VIEW, DOES THIS REPRESENT THE MAKING OF THE FIRST MOVE BY THE MALE?

IF YOU ENJOY HIS PROFILE, WOULD YOU THEN ADD HIM TO YOUR FAVOURITES TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR INTEREST AND YOUR WILLINGNESS FOR HIM TO PURSUE YOU RIGHTEOUSLY?

WOULD YOU JUST IGNORE HIM?

AGAIN OUT OF CURIOSITY, IF AN UNKNOWN FEMALE, ADDED YOU TO HER FAVOURITE LIST, WOULD THAT DEMONSTRATE A BETTER MOTIVE THAN THAT OF A MALE?

WHAT IF A MALE WAS TO CLEARLY VIEW YOUR PROFILE, MORE THAN ONCE IN A SINGLE DAY?

WOULD YOU CLASSIFY THAT AS MAKING THE FIRST MOVE?

IF YOU LIKED HIS PROFILE, WOULD YOU CLEARLY VIEW HIS PROFILE MORE THAN ONCE IN A DAY TO IMPLY YOUR APPROVAL AND YOUR WILLINGNESS TO BE PURSUED?

HEAD TO YOUR KITCHEN FOR A GLASS OF WATER, I UNDERSTAND THAT MY QUESTIONS ARE TROUBLESOME:ROFL::ROFL:

PERSONALLY, I HAVE ADDED ABOUT 10 LADIES TO MY FAVOURITE LIST, DUE TO GREAT COMMENTS THAT THEY HAVE MADE IN THE CHAT FORUMS AND OR DUE TO ME GENERALLY DEMONSTRATING INTEREST. MOST OF THEM, I HAVE SPOKEN TO AND STILL CONVERSATE WITH EITHER THROUGH THE FORUMS OR PRIVATELY.

THE REASON I WAS ASKING THE ABOVE QUESTION IS TO TRY TO COME TO SOME SOUGHT OF RESPECTFUL WAY OF MAKING AN INTIAL MOVE AND OR DEMONSTRATING INTEREST, APART FROM MESSAGING. ALOT OF GUYS SEND MESSAGES AND WINKS, BUT ARE NOT GIVEN A RESPONSE.

IS FAVOURITE ADDING AND OR PROFILE VIEWING, GOOD METHODS OF DEMONSTRATING RIGHTEOUS INTEREST OR SHOULD WE JUST STICK TO MESSAGING?

AND REMEMBER, NOT ALL OF US, ADD YOU LADIES TO OUR FAVOURITES LIST FOR YOUR OUTWARD APPEARANCE, THE OUTWARD PLAYS A PART OF COURSE, HOWEVER, PEOPLE LIKE MYSELF, ADD YOU FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS, BECAUSE WE SENSE COMPATABILITY, WE FEEL WE MIGHT LEARN FROM YOU, A SHARED INTEREST, SOMETHING YOU SAID IN THE FORUMS AND MAINLY BECAUSE OF HOW YOU DEMONSTRATE YOUR LOVE AND FEAR FOR AND OF GOD.

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR VIEWS.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 01:58 PM

hi there kristiankidd. i've tried to send you an email twice.

LOL, i don't meet your age requirements and so i can not email you. i guess i'm too old to talk to ya! :laugh:

I like to be pursued. if he sends me a wink, it's flattering. i prefer he sends me an email that way i know he's read my profile. if he views my profile more than once in a day, to me, that means he's interested and it's flattering. if he puts me in his favorites, it's flattering. if he instant message me, i don't respond only because i haven't read his profile yet and do not know if we share the same interests and so forth. i wish this site would give us the option of sending special greeting cards (e-cards) to help us break the ice. perhaps with flowers, smiley faces, etc. instead of the wink. the wink doesn't seem to work for the ladies. i'm sure many ladies will agree with me, that a gentleman who takes the time to read her profile, then takes the time to go thru many e-cards, finds the right one for her, then writes a special greeting IS GOING TO GET A RESPONSE!

I hope i was able to answer your questions because there were so many.LOL. whew!

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 03:38 PM

HI ZOE, THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE.

YOU ARE A VERY LOVELY LADY, THANKS FOR TRYING TO SEND ME AN E-MAIL TWICE, I WISH THERE WAS AN EXCEPTION FOR A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF ONES PREFERENCE (AGE LIMIT), TO BE ABLE TO SEND YOU PRIVATE MESSAGES AND VICE-VERSA. I WILL HOWEVER LEAVE MY AGE PREFERENCE AS IT IS.

YOUR NOT TO OLD TO TALK TO ME AT ALL, IVE LEARNT ALOT FROM YOU VIA THE FORUMS AND CONTINUE TO DO SO, I TOTALLY ENJOY TALKING TO YOU, DESPITE BEING OUT OF MY PERSONAL AGE PREFERENCE, INFACT, I DONT INTEND TO MAKE ANYONE JEALOUS AND OR MEAN TO CATOGORISE BUT YOUR THE MOST EXTRAORDINARY WOMAN I HAVE MET ON THIS WEBSITE, KEEP IT UP, LIKE I SAID, YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE SOME GUY, SUPER HAPPY, ONE DAY.

SORRY BOUT TOO MANY QUESTIONS, I WAS SO BORED AND WAS THINKING OF WAYS THAT GUYS COULD APPROACH WOMEN WITHOUT APPEARING INPURE AND FALSE, KNOWING THAT ALOT OF GUYS ARE FINDING DIFFICULTY IN BREAKING THE ICE.

HAVE A LOVELY DAY:waving:

godlymom2

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 04:06 PM

Hey kristiankidd,

Every woman perceives things differently, but here is how I view this topic:

-I'm still partial to the guy making the first move and being the pursuer.

-I am NOT offended by "winks" though I prefer private messages.

-I am flattered if someone adds me to their favorites or clearly views my profile multiple times because I hope that means that they find something about me interesting, but I don't consider that the "first move" .

-If I find a guy interesting or think we have some things in common, I add him to my favorites and may openly view his profile multiple times.

-All in all, I think the best "first move" is a "non-threatening", "not overly aggressive" private message. (I add those terms because I've been creeped out by messages with "what do I need to do to marry you?" or "when would you like to meet somewhere?" or overly "probing" questions about my kid in a FIRST message.)

Ladies, let's give the guys a break, though. I know it must be tough to put your neck out and send that first message. This online dating thing can be tough. :goofball: So if you are interested, add them to your favorites and view their profile openly. Give them some kind of encouragement. :hearts:

btw Zoe, I love your idea about e-cards, flowers, and smiles!

~~KT

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 04:53 PM

I can appreciate a wink as first contact. it gives me the time to review their profile. As for putting on favorite list, i don't consider that an "interest" statement. When i first started this, there was one guy i was emailing and i questioned why he was on so many favorite lists... he said he didn't know most of them and they were women from foreign countries.

When i put a guy or gal on a favorite, it doesn't necessarily mean i'm interested. For women, it's a means for me to access and be able to email conveniently. I got the idea to use as a contact list from someone on one of these chat forum discussions.

However, i do wish that if i say that i don't think we will be compatible that my wishes would be respected. I am a protestant and enjoy other doctrines that are fairly close to those teachings, so certain denominations are a no-no to me. Also, i am only interested in u.s.a. citizen contacts.

On another note, i wish men (probably women too) would be sensitive to the prospects of scammers and use their profiles to assist in proving they are NOT a scammer (many current photos, factual, proper "americanized" language, -look up, as deals with u.s.a.) I feel i may insult cdff members if i question whether they are legitimate. All in all, i am probably preaching to the choir.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 06:02 PM

I rather have a man type me a short little hello message. But winks are cute, and I love the ones the view me a few times but that is all they do. One day I am just going to type a message that says "BOO"... kinda make their heart jump. :winksmile:

I doesn't hurt to say hello. I will not climb through your monitor and bite your nose! I promise... my butt is too big to fit through my monitor anyway... Your safe!

After all, that is what we are here for.

:eat: Now who wants to be eaten alive first? mwah hahaha

(kidding)

:laugh:

~Lisa

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 12:02 AM

HI GODLY MUM

FIRSTLY, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH AND RESPECT THE FACT THAT EVERY WOMAN PERCIEVES THINGS DIFFRENTLY.

IM SHOCKED AT SOME OF THE QUESTIONS THAT SOME GUYS ARE ASKING YOU REGARDING MARRIAGE AND REGARDING YOUR KID. NO SERIOUSLY, THAT IS WORRYING. MAY THE LORD GOD DIRECT US ALL TO PATHS THAT ARE RIGHT IN HIS EYES AND MAY WE NEVER BE LED ASTRAY BY WOLVES OF ANY KIND, IN SHEEPS CLOTHING, I�M NOT SAYING THE GUY IS A WOLF THOUGH,LOL.

THANK YOU FOR THE ENCOURAGING MESSAGE ABOUT GIVING US A BREAK, THAT WAS REALLY SWEET OF YOU:goofball:. THANK YOU AND HAVE A BLESSED DAY

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 12:27 AM

HI GOLDEN , HI LISA

FIRSTLY, GOLDEN, WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT A LACK OF COMPATABILITY AND THE RESPECT OF YOUR WISHES WAS FANTASTIC, I WISH EVERYONE WAS LIKE YOU IN RELATION TO THAT ASPECT, IF EVERY ONE, OR THE MAJORITY, FOLLOWED YOUR EXAMPLE, AT LEASET, WE WOULD ALL HAVE A CLEARER PICTURE ON WHERE WE STAND OR MOST OF US.

LOL WITH THE PREACHING WITH THE CHOIR THINGY.I TOTALLY SEE WHERE YOU ARE GOING WITH THE LAST PARAGRAPH BUT AT THE SAME TIME, A PERSON, POSSIBLY A POTENTIAL SUITOR, COULD, PORTRAY SENSITIVITY TO SCAMMERS, PORTRAY THAT THEY ARE NOT A SCAMMER, VIA THEIR PROFILE, AMERICANISE THEIR LANGUAGE AND COULD STILL BE A WOLF UNDERNEATH. NO OFFENCE, BUT I�M SURE YOU HAVE HEARD WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT JUDGING A BOOK BY ITS COVER. JUST A THOUGHT. IN ADDITION, IS THERE ANY REAL WAY OF TELLING IF A PHOTO IS CURRENT? AGAIN, JUST A THOUGHT.

LISA, LOL WITH THE BOO THINGY, TOTALLY SEE WHERE YOUR GOING WITH THAT. NO OFFENCE BUT IF SOMEONE HAS VIEWED YOU MORE THAN ONCE, I KNOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WOULD RATHER HAVE HIM TYPE YOU A MESSAGE, WHICH IS UNDERSTANDABLE, BUT IF YOUR INTERESTED IN HIS PROFILE, I DONT THINK IT WILL HURT TO SIGNAL YOUR INTEREST BY GIVING HIM, 2 OR THREE CLEAR VIEWINGS, IN MY VIEW, IT WONT MAKE YOU LESS OF A LADY. WHO KNOWS, HE MIGHT JUST GET THE COURAGE TO SAY HELLO.

LOL WITH THE BUTT THINGY.

ALL IN ALL, I ENJOYED ALL YOUR RESPONSES, THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME OUT TO RESPOND, IT MEANS ALOT.

HAVE A MOST LOVELY DAY:waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 05:50 AM

kristiankidd, awww! thanks for the compliments. you're sweet. God Bless you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 07:43 AM

KT, thanks for like my idea about the ecards. and you are right, we should give the guys a break. thank you for speaking on their behalf. i know they'll appreciate it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 07:46 AM

excuse me, for liking my idea, LOL

Page : 1 2