Author Thread: A constant theme...
draczjou

View Profile
History
A constant theme...
Posted : 16 Apr, 2008 02:29 PM

OK...I know and expect to see a statement on female profiles on OTHER dating sites that says something along the lines of "I'm not interested in sex. If that's all you're looking for than move along." But I've seen it on quite a few profiles on this site.

Has there been a lot of guys signing up for this site looking for just sex, or is it just expectations based on either experience from other sites or what friends who have tried online dating have told you?

I'll be honest, I wish I still had my virginity. Since I don't I've taken a renewed vow of celibacy (ammusingly enough around the time I became truely saved) until after the woman God has in mind for me and myself are both married. It bothers me that there would be some guys signing up for accounts here just to try and find someone for sex!

View Profile
History
A constant theme...
Posted : 20 Apr, 2008 04:16 PM

I totally agree, not sure why a guy (or a girl for that matter..) would be on here looking for that though, since it is a Christian site.

View Profile
History
A constant theme...
Posted : 26 Apr, 2008 07:09 PM

Actually what it seems to me is that many men are prejudice on this line. I've been told in so many words that because I'm black their not interested.

It bothers me only because they call themselves christians ...where is the christianity in turning away a woman that God has probably brought into your life and you've basically told God our father that I don't like the skin color that you've made her.

Or

they want to see how many woman they can talk to at one time. It's work trying to get to know onw person , let alone two or three at a time.

In all truth and honesty if thats the way any man thinks I wouldn't want to be with them anyway.

God Bless

Regina

View Profile
History
A constant theme...
Posted : 28 Apr, 2008 08:19 PM

I'm so sorry that there are people who would not get to know you because of your skin! You're right that's just not a Chist-like spirit. But maybe some of them are just uncomfortable with it, like they don't know how their family would react or friends or whatever, which is just cowardly, not prejudice. I know that the same thing ahs happened ot me or, the other way around. Some men from other races won't get to know me because I'm white. So I know it goes both ways, some people just don't like to cross any lines. Which isn't right, but ya just gotta take it in stride sometimes. There's someone that God has for you, no need wasting time on anyone like that anyway.

View Profile
History
A constant theme...
Posted : 4 May, 2008 06:43 PM

Thanks Nickalyn..

I never thought about it that way...

Wow, I can only imagine the number of people that may be a match with someone but their afraid to deal with what their family or society may say. With prayer I know that anything is possible so I will pray and ask God to give us men and women on this line the strength to deal with the vaious encounters that we come across on this line because with all the testimonials that I've read I thank God that its here.

God Bless

Regina

draczjou

View Profile
History
A constant theme...
Posted : 7 Dec, 2008 05:18 PM

I sadly live in one of those "what would they think" families. Fortunately it is only with my grandfather and I know what he thinks about other races. Quite frankly I don't care though. My ex is African American and my sister-in-law is Philippino...we see how well my brother cared as well.

My grandfather is a closet racist, and it saddens me. But I really could care less what he thinks about someone's race. I grew up caring more about what someone's parent's rank was than what their skin color was. Good old army brat.

The weird thing is, thinking about this, I get a DC Talk song stuck in my head. "What Have We Become?" The very first verse of that song applies to this. Quite frankly I feel we need to work towards tearing those walls completely down. The cycle of prejudice, of fear what people will think because of someone's race, all of it...there can be no true healing if people cling to the old ways of thinking or worry about those that do.

/* End rant */

Phoenyx

View Profile
History
A constant theme...
Posted : 6 Apr, 2009 01:29 PM

I'm guessing that some people get on here to find out who they can manipulate into sex. I wouldn't be surprised. It's better to get things straight first off.