Author Thread: Meeting Someone??
Aardvark

View Profile
History
Meeting Someone??
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 05:49 AM

How are you posed to meet someone without sounding creepy when you ask someone when they want to meet.? i was viewing a thread, here on the forums and someone said they wood find it creepy if someone asked them if they wood like to meet. how else are you posed to meet someone.???

View Profile
History
Meeting Someone??
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 10:16 AM

dear ard,, i dont think id ask em right away.. give em a little time to get to know you and get comfortable with you fore you ask em out.. or meet.. if youre clickin both of you are gonna wanna meet..

ole cattle

Aardvark

View Profile
History
Meeting Someone??
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 11:22 AM

Do you think i should still wait if i was planning on taking a trip down to the area anyway? i have been planning a trip with a friend for, like 2 years now.lol so you think they will ask me when they want to meet.?

m_cubed

View Profile
History
Meeting Someone??
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 01:25 PM

Lol� I�m not at your plight; it�s a very valid question. It�s just funny how God really did make a verity of people with a verity of personalities. I have read in the threads where some think it�s creepy when the other person wants to call right a way and how you should take your time and form some kind of relationship first. Where I�m the type who hates typing� I do it because I have to being on-line but I can say in 2 sec. over the phone what takes me 20 min. to type� so in my mind just call me�lol. One is not wrong or right� it just shows how we are created individually and not cookie cutter �. I have meant people who live close to me and who live far away. No, it is not creepy. If someone actually likes the person they�re talking to it seams to me the logical thing is you want to meet them�

godlymom2

View Profile
History
Meeting Someone??
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 02:11 PM

Whatsup Aardvark!

Okay, this was part of one of my posts that you are probably referring to:

The key with this is that it was about "first moves". The messages that I received about meeting were the very first contact I had received from those guys. That's what creeped me out. I find that to be a bit too forward. Not to mention that at least two of the guys who did that are now banned from CDFF.

It's a little different if you've already been communicating. As far as your question about the fact that you're going to be in their area already...you may want to message her and just mention that you happened to be planning a trip to her area...see how she responds.

------------------

M_cubed: I totally understand about messaging getting old really quickly. Part of me wants to skip to the exchange of phone numbers and start real live conversation right away (I am a talker). I guess I'm just extra cautious. I like to get a little bit of idea of what someone is like first. I met a guy on here (we're now friends), but I insisted we message on here first, then we went to private emails, then phone conversations, and then we met. I thought that process worked pretty well. In fact, by the time we met, I'd learned so much about him that in some ways I felt like I'd known him for years.

???What process works for each person...I think we are once again talking about people's preferences. ???

angel_in_mn

View Profile
History
Meeting Someone??
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 04:07 PM

I'd have to agree with Cattle.

View Profile
History
Meeting Someone??
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 05:21 PM

dear ard,,, when you feel like youre both really clickin ask her like you said above.. go hey i like you..we seem to really be clickin, so when are we gonna meet? dont go when do ya wanna meet? or anything that gives her an negative response opening.. she could go well i dont know if i wanna meet.. see the difference.. with the first one her only answer should be when.. hehe see.. thats the confident way to ask.. see you didnt give her the option of sayin no.. so itd be very hard for her to say no .. well harder anyways,,

youll do fine ..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Meeting Someone??
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 07:47 AM

I think it doesn't hurt to ask. The worst that can be said is NO. No never killed anyone. :winksmile:

I was asked recently and my response was .. I want to wait until I get to know you better. I didn't think it was creepy at all. After all aren't we here to meet? Most the people I talk to are from different states and I know for sure I can't afford to visit them all, but if they were coming to my area... sure!! I would love it. Who knows what God has instore and you won't ever know unless you experience. If your gut tells you it is creepy, then don't go there! It is creepy.

Otherwise.. go for it!

~Lisa

Aardvark

View Profile
History
Meeting Someone??
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 09:35 AM

Thanks Ladies and Gentmen. I appreciate it.

muggsy517

View Profile
History
Meeting Someone??
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 01:05 PM

My personal experience is I met a super guy online, moved to the phone calls next in about a months time. Then out of the blue, he was checking out airfares to come and visit. It troubled me more than anything because he knew from the start that I was looking for friends. He wanted the friendship to develop into something more and it very well could have been something great, but my reservations of moving into an online thing too fast scared me and we have never met. We do still email, but the tension is there between us now.