Author Thread: Male Vs. Female Maturity....
Admin

Male Vs. Female Maturity....
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 02:57 PM

Truly a battle of the sexes, in a defiant "mine is better" race against genetics.

I don't think that a specific gender is more mature than another....Just how quickly one's mind matures. And in most cases ( not all), a woman matures faster than i man.

http://www.ezilon.com/articles/articles/7459/1/Why-Women-Mature-Faster-than-Men

when you're 18,in the law's eyes, you're automatically an adult.

Be that as it may, maturity comes when you finally see things in a mature point of view. Redundant, yes i know, but it is how it works.

As for my opinion,

Someone matures when they start looking at needs and wants in two totally different lights.

ANd the make-up of a woman and a man is what makes them so compatable, so i really dont think age should have anything to do with deciding the maturity of a person(s), group, or sex.

God Bless,

Jazmin

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 04:33 PM

SISTER JAZMIN, I AGREE THAT AGE SHOULD HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW MATURE A PERSON IS, AS SEEN IN THE BIBLE, GOD CALLED SEVERAL OF HIS SERVANTS FROM AN EARLY AGE, SAMUEL AND DAVID BEING TWO BUT NOT ALL EXAMPLES. AT THAT TIME, THEY OF COURSE WOULD HAVE RECIEVED AND DID RECIEVE MANY CRITICS BUT THEIR MATURITY WAS UNDOUBTED BY GOD, WHICH IS WHY HE CALLED THEM, AT THE TIME THAT HE DID, DESPITE THEIR AGES.

ON THE OTHER HAND, WHERE DOES IT SAY IN THE BIBLE THAT, IN MOST CASES BUT NOT ALL, WOMEN MATURE FASTER THAN MEN?

MY SISTER, WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO YOU, GENETICS OR GODS WORD?, I AM VERY SURE THAT ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT WE WOULD NOT BE JUDGED BY WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT GENETICS, THAT�S FOR SURE.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL NOT TO OFFEND WITH THOSE COMMENTS, I�M NOT OFFENDED, BUT OTHERS MAY BE. SUCH COMMENTS MAY GENDER STRIFE.:boxing:

JUST A THOUGHT.

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 07:23 PM

I think maturity has more to do with humility, then age or gender...let's face it guys...a BUNCH more men have ego problems then women, which tends to make men more selfish and self-centered...which equals...immaturity. And I use the term "men" loosely. I actually mean...boys. Real men are self-sacrificing, humble, strong, stable, and have a pile of common sense(that's also what makes a real woman by the way). And I don't see a lot of "men" that fit that description anymore...including me. So I agree that women mature faster...but lets just face it. Men and women are just plain different. As a general rule(there are exceptions) men are quite a bit stronger, and women are quite a bit more graceful. Men are "focuser's", and women are "multi-tasker's". Men(and this is the one everyone hates, but if you ladies get angry at this one you'll just be proving my point!!:goofball:) tend toward logic, and women tend toward emotion. However...I have to admit...women are definitely much prettier. At least from my point of view:winksmile:(and yes...I'm trying to compliment you so you won't get angry at that last thing...maybe I shouldn't have said that out loud...:ribbit:). Now I know someone is thinking "well...girls/guys can be strong/graceful too!". Yes. I agree. But to the same extent? I have a cousin. She was basically an amazonian warrior. Strong AND graceful. She was always showing the guys up at everything...she could carry 2 full sheets of plywood...which is A LOT for a 5' 5" girl, right? It's a lot for a 5' 5" anybody! But now her body is basically destroyed because she put so much stress on it. At 29 she can hardly even walk...and it used to be an impressive thing to see her run. I just think that men and women have different strengths. And to the guys/girls that think being stronger/graceful..er...is better then the other? Or a "focuser" instead of a "multi-tasker"? Grow up. Prove you're mature/humble enough to admit your own weaknesses, and try to find someone that compliments your strengths with theirs...like it was meant to be. Real men are not better then real women, and real women are not better then real men. It's not a level playing field...guys and girls are better at different things...but the point is...we're not supposed to be on different teams! We're supposed to be partners! Lets try not to make it a competition. That would be immature:goofball:.

Oh...I have some pitchforks and torches for sale at ridiculously inflated prices. Might as well make some money before I die...:prayingm:

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Aug, 2009 06:06 PM

I personally think the whole maturity issue is a myth...

The media always portrays men as being useless or lacking maturity. This is a deception. We need to look at what the BIBLE says and not society. Men are the spiritual leaders, end of story.

Now saying this does not necessarily make me a "man", but I am definitely set on that path. When people say they are mature, I'm not sure they know what that means. If someone doesn't follow the Scriptures I don't call that maturity.

KidzWorker

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 12:42 PM

I think generally, yes, women mature faster than men. Some men dont mature fully at all.

"According to the Census Bureau, fully one-third of young men ages 22 to 34 are still living at home with their parents -- a roughly 100 percent increase in the past 20 years. No such change has occurred with regard to young women." (quote - Washington)

I dont know why, but statistics say men are maturing slower than women.

Now if you want to take a heavy spiritual view on things, you could say that "the ruler of this world" (aka the devil) is deliberatly targeting men because of their spiritual role as the heads of the families. As anyone who has played a computer game knows - go for a head shot!

or you could take the nature over nurture view, and say women need to mature quicker because when they can have children from, well lets just say there was a girl in my class who was pregnant at 13 and a mum at 14.

Or we could just say that God has designed us this way. The genders equal but different. Women maturing faster than men.

simples!

Hope that helps

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Sep, 2009 05:38 AM

Just posting one of many opinions. Looking at my years of ignorance, I would say I matured much slower than most. But because of the unusual circumstances I faced, I am now stronger and level than most my age. As far as gender, I have been watching my 16 yr old sister. (who I have only known for 5 yrs) A womans very nature is to with-hold and cherish a mans dignity and purpose for life. So in that regard, I beleive women mature faster than men. But unfortunatly, they have to wait so long for the men to realize how we bond. Many become arrogant with impatience. Now the men I must say, by nature, are to with-hold and nurture the sensative and vulnurable state of the woman. The opposit of both would be independence and pride. If we humble ourselves to God, both genders will see the need and place for the other.