Author Thread: 3 years of my life...wasted
Admin

3 years of my life...wasted
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 09:59 PM

I guess I joined this site because I just need to move on. I am pining. I am pining over a guy that I never even had.

I have had feelings for my good friend for three years. I've watched him date, patiently waiting for my turn to let him no, I am interested.

And my chance arrived, I blew it. I was going to tell him, finally, when I find out he has a new girlfriend.

Parts of me realize that I don't need that but other parts are totally and completely 100 % crushed.

So to be truthful I don't know what I'm doing on here...or what I want.

I just want to be over him.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 12:48 AM

1 PETER 5:7

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

JEREMIAH 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future

MY SISTER, IT IS WELL, IT IS WELL, SAYS THE LORD.

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 05:12 AM

awww! my dear sister i'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. i know your pain very well. the only way to ease your pain is by giving it to our Lord and savior Jesus Christ and allowing time to heal you. talk about your pain with friends, me if you want to, but don't keep it all inside. i know you're hurting now, but beautiful things are in store for you in the future. i know you don't want to hear that now because you're hurting, but there is a silver lining in every situation. your friend's part in your story has ended, a new chapter a new beginning is about to enter your life. Praise God! He is a God of restoration, of strength! Hold on to Him and don't let go!

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 12:54 PM

Girl, you came to the right place. When I joined this website I was a complete mess. But there are GREAT!!!! amazing people on here who will reach out to you and love you back into your right mind. It's been almost a year for me and I am perfectly fine now. Thanks, in a great part, for the care and prayers and many many conversations with the guys and gals on this website. I'm not even on here to date, at all, anymore, I just stick around for my freinds.

You'll be fine, just remember one very very important thing, there is no such thing as *JUST* in friends. Guy/girl stuff is dumb, romantic interests come and go, but real freinds, are to die for. You should never think of three years or freindship with someone as a waste. The only wasted day is one spent in sin - outside of the courts of our King.

You're loved, by much greater arms then a mere man, just bleed, hurt, kick, cry, yell, pray, do what you need to do, and we will all be here for you and pray for you.

God Bless darlin,

Alex

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 05:49 PM

thank you everyone for the encouragement. I really needed it. I'm looking forward to getting to some awesome people on here. :)

marion22

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 02:33 AM

Dear Noel,

Am sorry about what you are going through.

Was so touched by your mail. Am currently going through the same.The difference is that i had a relationship with someone......... three years long!!!!!!

.Didnt realise how much it meant to me till the time he decided to make a break. I never appreciated what i had.He left the country..........................but i cant follow him currently.

We had something deep and i believe he realised this the time he was away.Hes still away but contacts me saying we still can give it a try.Its coming to a year now!

I am so in love and de diastance tears me apart.It s an Emotional rollercoaster. Sometimes am like u gotta move on and de next am like its only him i want.

Anyways no matter wat, i believe God has plans for everyone.Three years can be restored if chooses. I believe its hard but my bible says everything works out well for those who fear Him.

Just be strong there is no situation which is permanent. Either God will show him dat u care or He will send you the right person.............:hearts:

.all we need is a little faith sis

God bless u:prayingf:

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 04:34 AM

Noel..

NO time is wasted if we are enjoying the friendship and love of others and leaning on God.

I always hear people say they are waiting for that one true love. ALL love is true it is simply what we do with it that counts. You had a great friendship and I bet you still do even if you relaized it wont turn into a different love for him. You can stay friends and find the next love to help fill your heart..

Good Luck and God Bless

evona

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 05:50 PM

much prayers and hugs for you

ask God to deliver you from this

and REALLY cast your cares on Jesus!

sister barbara:waving:

nothing is wasted with God,by the way

every thing you went through in the past three years can be used for God's glory somehow

ask Him to reveal this to you

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 11:37 PM

Ladyizsky, that was off the hook, girl. All love is true, wow, that's sweet. great perspective.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Aug, 2009 11:03 AM

"ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR THE GOOD TO THEM THE LOVE GOD: TO THEM THAT ARE THE CALLED ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE!" [Romans 8:28]

When we first come to the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, we do not rightly comprehend how the Lord woks in our lives; but then as time goes by, we begin to comprehend that He is at work in all things in our lives, and the lives of other believers.

NOTHING GOES TO WASTE; WE JUST CANNOT SEE THE FULL PICTURE AS THE LORD DOES!

Remember the old Latin saying, "DEO VOLENTE', which means, "GOD WILLING!"

Only God's will shall be done, so do yourself a huge favor and always ask Him to have His will, then you will train your mind to be in line with His word!

God bless you!