Author Thread: More to Love (and some thoughts)
Admin

More to Love (and some thoughts)
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 10:23 PM

I never watch shows like this, but this one i have been watching because I wondered about the spin in it-th larger man and the larger women. I consider myself to be a larger woman, although I don't know if that has detered me from getting guys interested in me. Maybe it has, and I wonder that even on this forum....but I know that plenty of guys have liked me for who I am:)

The show though, makes me wonder if people have the opinion that not really skinny chicks-that they don't have a life. I'm just basing this on the show because all the girls basically say that it is just their weight that keeps the men away. Although I think that in our society that can be an issue with men, I don't think it has to be a "dealbreaker" as these women tends to feel. Even the main guy on the show talks about how he is giving these girls what they never had because of their size....

Um...ok.

I had a prom date. I dated in high school. I have people ask me out at libraries, resteraunts, etc. Perhaps not as much as other women (but I wouldn't know) but it still all happens.

So, all this just to say...I don't like how the people on the show portray themselves and hope that people don't think that they are less lovable because they are not skin sticks and they should respect themselves.

And, to blow away a myth...just because some people are larger, doesn't mean they don't like to get out and do things! Skinny or medium or large or whatever...it all totally depends on each person individually. So don't put yourself in a box or let others do it either:)

:dancingp:

Viya

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Mar, 2010 06:41 PM

Jesus came as the most humble humanbeing to grace the earth, He choose to be with the simpletons rather than the elites. after becoming a Christian, I realized my true worth... and if the society gives me preasures as to how i should live my life, this is my grouding is, " I am a unique creation of God, I am beautiful in HIS eyes just the way He had created me, I am loved, I am valued and I know I am treasured, Nothing but the Best will God give me, Nothing but the Best will God let come to me." more often than not, people care what others would say about them, Jesus never cared of what others thought of him, He matters of what His Father would think of him if while he is fulfilling His destiny here on earth. That gave me a realisation. So now am more bold in my missions and carry this motto in my heart... "My aim by living my dream; is a life filled w/ significance rather than success. Been there, done that; different strokes/different folks, a day ends, it would be me who�s accountable for the decisions I made; your mind-sets? I could care less.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jun, 2010 12:58 PM

Totally agree with you. Hope your doing ok and all is well with you.

Lyn..

Page : 1 2