Author Thread: latter day saints
Admin

latter day saints
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 01:22 AM

I just saw a profile from a man who stated under denomination he was Latter day saint of j.c.

my understanding is this religion is not a denomination of Christianity. If that is the case, why is he being allowed to be a member? It is also curious he was able to "post" that description as a choice, since after double checking, that cult is not an option.

tristan07

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 02:11 PM

right on jjar. I used to be involved with an outreach ministry TO mormons and jehovas witnesses. I intereacted with them ALOT. they are not believers, if they subscribe to what thier *religion* teaches, because the jesus they are talking about is NOT GOD incarnate, he is A god. They do not believe in the trinity, and they have a whole host of abherent heresies that God dispises.

Just because you throw jesus's name in your denomination doesn't mean you are right on with him. mmhmm no way.

And just because your butt warms a pew in a baptist church every sunday your whole life, don't mean a thing either unless you live and walk like jesus did.

1 jn 2:6

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 06:51 PM

angel, thank you for the rose.

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 10:03 AM

BROTHER JJAR AND TRISTAN, WOW, THANKS FOR THE INSIGHT ON MORMONS. :excited:

I NEVER HAD A CLUE THAT MORMONS BELIEVE IN SUCH.

BROTHER JJAR, I'M COOL, DONT WORRY, YOU DID NOT SOUND JUDGEMENTAL. LOVE U 2.

THE ONLY THING IS THAT, THE DENOMINATION THAT GOLDEN IS CURIOUS ABOUT, IS IT ACTUALLY PART OF THE MORMON FAITH?

IF IT IS PART OF THE MORMON FAITH OR IF ANYBODY COMES ACROSS A CURIOUS DENOMINATION, I THINK THEY SHOULD REPORT THAT TO CDFF ON A PERSONAL LEVEL.

FOR ALL WE KNOW, THIS GUY COULD JUST BE EXPRESSING, VIA THE DENOMINATION HE PUT DOWN, QUITE SIMPLY, THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HIM AND JESUS. TO HIM, IT MAY NOT EVEN REPRESENT A DENOMINATION.

I THINK THE BROTHER WOULD HAVE PUT DOWN MORMON AS A DENOMINATION IF HE ACTUALLY WAS ONE.

FOR EXAMPLE, WHY WOULD A MEMBER OF THE BAPTIST DENOMINATION PUT DOWN METHODIST AS A DENOMINATION, IF HE WAS ACTUALLY A BAPTIST?

I DONT WANNA SOUND LIKE I'M ATTACKING GOLDEN BUT I PERSONALLY WOULD NOT LIKE MY DENOMINATION TO BE BRANDED AS A CULT, I DONT THINK SHE OR ANYONE ELSE WOULD EITHER AND I�M PRETTY SURE GOD WONT APPROVE OF THAT, WHICH IS WHY I ATTEMPTED TO DEFEND THE GUY WITH THE DENOMINATION THAT IS CURIOUS TO GOLDEN, RIGHTEOUSLY (JOHN 7:24)

WHERE DOES THE BIBLE GIVE US A RIGHT TO BRAND THE DENOMINATION OF SOMEONE THAT WE MAY THINK IS AN UNBELIEVER, AS A CULT?

SHOULD MORMONS BE A PART OF CDFF? WELL I WILL LET THE WORD OF GOD ANSWER THIS IN 2 CORINTHIANS 6:14, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? "

SO I GUESS YOUR RIGHT ABOUT THE MORMONS, BUT WHAT I AM WONDERING IS, IS CDFF ONLY MEANT FOR THOSE WHO SAY THEY ARE CHRISTIANS OR ARE UNBELIEVERS ALLOWED TO REGISTER AND ENTER? IN ADDITION, THE CHURCHES THAT YOU AND I GO TO, DO WE ONLY WELCOME BELIEVERS?

I AINT CONDONING ANYTHING THAT IS NOT IN THE BIBLE BUT I WOULD LIKE TO SAY AND QUOTE A FEW THINGS.

MATTHEW 5:44 - 48

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I TOTALLY SEE YOUR POINTS, BUT IF A MORMON OR ANYONE WHO DOES NOT BELIEVE IN JESUS (THE TRUE JESUS AND THE TRUE TRINITY), WALKED INTO YOUR CHURCH TODAY, WOULD YOU TURN THAT PERSON AWAY OR WOULD YOU WANT TO CHANGE HIS/HER UNBELIEVING MIND?

WHAT IF YOU WERE SHOWN THE DOOR, ON THE DAY YOU BECAME BORN AGAIN BECAUSE OF THINGS YOU USED TO BELIEVE IN?

NOW THAT YOU ARE BORN AGAIN, WOULD'NT YOU, ALREADY HAVING AND BEING THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD, WANT TO GIVE LIFE AND LIGHT (JOHN 8:12) TO AN UNBELIEVING SOUL, JUST AS YOU WERE GIVING LIFE AND LIGHT, DURING YOUR PERIOD OF UNBELIEF?

PLEASE DO NOT THINK THAT I AM TRYING TO ADD TO OR CHANGE GODS WORD, BUT WHAT I UNDERSTAND FROM THE VERSE ABOUT BEING UNEQUALLY YOKED (2 CORINTHIANS 6:14), IS THAT, EVEN THOUGH WE ARE IN THE PRESENCE OF UNBELIEVERS, WE SHOULD STAND FIRM IN OUR BELIEFS AND THAT WE SHOULD NOT JOIN UNBELIEVERS IN THEIR ACTS, BELIEFS AND OR PRACTICES.

YOU SEE THE VERSE DOES NOT SAY WE SHOULD NOT CHAT WITH THEM, BECAUSE IF WE DID NOT CHAT WITH THEM, WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL TO THEM (MARK 16:15) AND THAT IS WHAT WE ARE CALLED TO DO. OUR DUTY IS TO PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL TO ALL CREATION, NOT JUST BELIEVERS. THIS IS WHY, THE FACT THAT WE ARE IN THIS WORLD, BUT NOT OF IT (JOHN 17:16), HAS SO MUCH RELEVANCE TO 2 CORINTHIANS 6:14 AND TO THIS TOPIC.

IF YOU LOOK BACK AT MATTHEW 5:44- 48, OF WHICH I HAVE ALREADY MENTIONED, YOU WOULD SEE THAT THERE IS AN IMPLIED SENSE OF NO REWARD FOR ONLY LOVING THOSE WHO LOVE US. WE NEED TO LOVE EVERYONE EQUALLY, DESPITE WHAT THEY MAY BELIEVE. FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD, THE WORLD MEANING EACH AND EVERYONE OF US, DENOMINATION OR NO DENOMINATION, THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY SON, THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM, SHALL NOT PERISH, BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. WE ALL ALREADY BELIEVE IN HIM, IF THE BROTHER DOES NOT BELIEVE IN HIM, WHY NOT WITNESS TO HIM SO THAT HE CAN JOIN US IN HAVING ETERNAL LIFE.

FOR EXAMPLE. I�M SURE THAT WE ALL HAVE FRIENDS OR PEOPLE WE KNOW AND WOULD MEET UP WITH FOR LIKE A CHAT OR SOMETHING. NOT JUST FRIENDS OF THE TRUE CHRISTIAN FAITH, BUT PEOPLE OF DIVERSE CULTURES, RELIGIONS AND OR PRACTICES. DESPITE WHATEVER THEY MAY BELIEVE IN, WE KNOW THAT OURS IS THE TRUE FAITH AND THAT WE ARE STRONG ENOUGH TO NOT BE INFLUENCED BY THEIR PRACTICES FOR IT MAY GO AGAINST GODS INSTRUCTION, RIGHT?

IF WE THEN BEGIN TO JOIN IN THEIR PRACTICES AND HOLD A BELIEF IN THEIR BELIEFS, THEN THAT IS WHEN WE ARE MIXING LIGHT WITH DARKNESS AND THAT IS WHEN WE BECOME UNEQUALLY YOKED WITH THEM, RIGHT?

FOR EXAMPLE, I WOULD FOLLOW A MUSLIM FRIEND TO A RESTAURANT TO EAT, BUT I WOULD NOT FOLLOW HIM TO HIS MOSK TO PRAY TO HIS GOD OR TO JOIN IN HIS PRACTICES BECAUSE THAT IS THE ACT OF BEING UNEQUALLY YOKED, RIGHT?

I KNOW THAT THE BIBLE SAYS IN 1 CORINTHIANS 15:33 THAT WE SHOULD, �not be misled: Bad company corrupts good character." AS YOU MAY HAVE GATHERED, 1 CORINTHIANS 15:33 IS BUT A WARNING TO CHRISTIANS, FOR OUR CHARGE IS TO,

� Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation�. (MARK 16:15)

THE BIBLE THEN SAYS IN THE VERSE THAT FOLLOWS 1 CORINTHIANS 15:33, THAT WE SHOULD, �Come back to our senses as we ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God�I say this to your shame" (1 CORINTHIANS 15:34)

WHAT I PERSONALLY UNDERSTAND FROM 1 CORINTHIANS 15:33-34, IS THAT WE SHOULD BE CAREFUL NOT TO BE DRAWN ASTRAY OR MISLEAD BY SUCH BELIEFS BUT ALSO WE SHOULD DRAW THEM TO OUR BELIEF WITHOUT BEING INFLUENCED BY THEIRS, WHICH IS WHY IT IS TO OUR OWN SHAME THAT THEY ARE IGNORANT OF THE FATHER, AS WRITTEN.

BROTHERS AND SISTERS, LETS NOT DRAW THEM AWAY, INSTEAD OF LEAVING THEM TO BE IGNORANT, BROTHERS AND SISTERS LETS DRAW THEM INTO THE LIGHT.

SO I WILL CHANGE MY ANSWER TO BROTHER JJARS QUESTION AND SAY THAT, MORMONS AND ANY UNBELIEVER, PERSONALLY, SHOULD BE ALLOWED IN, AS LONG AS THEY DONT COME AND ARGUE THAT THEIR BELIEFS ARE THE REAL TRUTH, THE TRUTH BEING THE TRUE WORD OF GOD, WHICH YOU AND I BELIEVE.

IN ADDITION, IF THEY CAME TO CDFF OR TO OUR CHURCHES TO START ARGUING OR, �changing or adding to the written Word of God.�, AS BROTHER JJAR SAID, THEN PERSONALLY, THAT IS WHEN IT WILL PROBABLY BE RIGHT FOR THEM TO LEAVE.

TITUS 3:10

�Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.�

LOOKING AT THIS VERSE, YOU CAN SEE THAT WE ARE GIVING AUTHORITY TO PREACH THE TRUTH, EVEN TO UNBELIEVERS, WHO IN THIS VERSE, ARE BRANDED AS DIVISIVE, BUT IN ORDER TO NOT GENDER STRIFES (2 TIMOTHY 2:23-24), WE ARE TOLD TO GIVE TWO WARNINGS, AFTERWHICH, TO LEAVE THAT PERSON.

AS IT STANDS, THE BROTHER WHO STATED THAT HE IS A LATTER SAINT OF JC, HAS NOT PROCLAIMED ANYTHING ABOUT HIS DENOMINATION OR CHANGED OR ADDED TO THE TRUE WRITTEN WORD OF GOD, WITH A VIEW TO MISLEADING US, HE HAS ONLY STATED HIS DENOMINATION/HIS BELIEF AND UP TILL NOW, THERE IS NO CONFIRMATION IN WHAT HE SINCERELY BELIEVES IN.

EVEN IF HE BELIEVES WHAT THE MORMONS BELIEVE OR IS A COMPLETE UNBELIEVER, WE ARE NOT CHARGED TO BRAND ANYONE AS A CULT MEMBER OR TO DISH OUT ANY KIND OF INSULT. WE ARE ALLOWED TO MAKE A RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENT (JOHN 7:24) AND FOLLOWED BY THAT, AS WRITTEN IN TITUS 3:10, WE ARE TO WARN THAT PERSON TWICE.

I HAVE NOT COME ACROSS A PLACE IN THE WORD THAT GIVES US AUTHORITY TO BRAND ANY KIND OF BELIEF OR ANY UNBELIEVR AS A CULT OR AS A CULT MEMBER, HAVE YOU?

IF THIS GUY IS ACTUALLY A MORMON OR A GENERAL UNBELIEVER, WHO KNOWS, MAYBE HE HAS COME TO CDFF TO BE PRAYED FOR, TO CHANGE HIS WAYS, TO FIND ENCOURAGEMENT TO BECOME A PART OF CHRISTS BODY.

IF THE GUY HAS COME TO CDFF TO CHANGE HIS WAYS AND TO ACCEPT THE TRUE JESUS AS HIS LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR, I CAN ONLY PRAY THAT HE DOES NOT COME ACROSS THIS POST BECAUSE THAT MIGHT JUST PUSH HIM BACK TO THE LIFE HE MAY HAVE BEEN LIVING BEFORE.

PUT YOURSELF IN THE SHOES OF AN UNBELIEVER FOR ONE MOMENT. SAY IF TODAY WAS YOUR FIRST ON CDFF. YOU FILLED OUT YOUR PROFILE AND GOT SEARCHING. YOUR INTENTIONS WERE TO ACCEPT CHRIST AS YOUR LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR AND TO BE ENCOURAGED BY OTHER CHRISTIANS. YOU LATER CAME ACROSS A COMMENT THAT BRANDED YOU AS A CULT MEMBER. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL? WOULD YOU REALLY REMAIN A MEMBER AFTER READING SOMETHING LIKE THAT?

BROTHERS AND SISTERS, THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT WE ARE CALLED TO PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL TO THE WHOLE CREATION (MARK 16:15)

WHEN WE COME ACROSS STRANGE DENOMINATIONS, THAT IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO WITNESS TO THOSE WITH THE STRANGE DENOMINATION, IS IT NOT?

BY WITNESSING TO THEM, IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU ARE BECOMING UNEQUALLY YOKED WITH THEM BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT DOING WHAT THEY DO, OR PRACTICING WHAT THEY PRACTICE.

MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I AM NOT SAYING THAT ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG BUT I TRY TO LOOK AT THINGS FROM AS MANY ANGLES AS POSSIBLE AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE WORD OF GOD. I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU DONT THOUGH, LOL.

I AM NOT PERFECT AND MY INTERPRETATION OF THE VERSES MAY BE WRONG, ONLY GOD KNOWS.

I DO HOWEVER BELIEVE THAT IT WAS OF EXTREME IMPORTANCE FOR YOU TO LOOK AT THE COMMENTS MADE BY GOLDEN, FROM THE VIEW POINT OF AN UNBELIEVER AND TO VISUALISE THE EFFECTS OF AN UNBELIEVER READING SUCH.

IMAGINE THE AMOUNT OF UNBELIEVERS THAT MAY RETURN OR HAVE RETURNED TO DARKNESS, AFTER BEING BRANDED AS A CULT MEMBER.

IF WE ARE NOT ALREADY DOING SO, WE NEED TO GIVE THEM A REASON, IF THEY ARE CONFIRMED UNBELIEVERS, TO JOIN US IN TRUE LIGHT , WE NEED TO ACT AS OUR FATHER, RATHER THAN PUSHING THEM BACK TO A PLACE WHERE, YOU AND I, ONCE WERE.

THE LORD BE WITH US ALL, AMEN.

PEACE OUT.: glow:

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 12:29 PM

Dear Kidd, points taken and agree with most, you are well versed unlike myself but I'm learning daily with the help of reading the bible, you guys here and others in my personal life.

Concerning miss Golden, she only saw this guy and how he listed his faith then asked a question on this Christian forum to discuss. She didn't invent the label "cult" it's been around for years and for good reason if you are a follower of Christ and the Word of God (the Bible) infallible. Neither did she mention reporting to the moderators the guy in question, she only asked why.

Now I agree church should always be a welcome invitation to all and would gladly invite anyone willing to go with me, but here on the web is a whole different ball game is it not? Where much can be concealed about ourselves? Can you think of a few more angles or scenarios that might not be considered safe or beneficial let's say to newer believers also on this site. Paul in 2 Cor chapt. 11 warns these believers to hold to what was originally preached to them and not be drawn away to a different gospel, vs. 12-15 he cuts off any opportunity of false apostles, warning of satan's ability to deceive.

:angeldevil:

I gotta go now, time is limited, these are just my thoughts being a fairly new guy in Christ, God Bless all have a good day, catch ya later!

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 12:36 PM

Oh, here's one of a few resource links to the topic re: mormon/cult topic.

www.biblebelievers.net/Cults/Mormonism/kjcmorm1.htm

Blessings

tristan07

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 18 Aug, 2009 10:19 PM

Kid, man listen. As I said, I have interacted with ALOT of mormons. I could tell you some stuff they believe that would make you jaw drop to the floor, For instance, God was at one time a Human who through self effort, became a god and was given his own planet to rule over. And if you are a good mormon, you eventually will end up with your own planet.

Also, they believe in the pre-existence of the soul, they believe that all humans are people who chose to be born on this planet in an attempt to live the right life in order to be given your own planet someday.

the list goes on. And if you interact with them, and I was very active with them, you'll will find out that they have a total counter culture, it is, in fact, true to the deffinition of a cult.

Man, never be afraid to call it as you see it. I love EVERYONE, but if you have an errant belief, I'm all over you like a trick horse on showday. But I do it sensibly and carefully, because the soul is more important then the sin.

Jesus called the pharisees White washed tombs. He called it as he saw it. He never pulled a punch.

I get so tired of seeing people sticking up for people who do the wrong things...

Whiteheart, an 80's-early 90's band (christian) had a song that said this: * are they workin harder doing what we think is wrong then we are at what we know is right*

I see mormons around here all the time, going door to door selling deciet, lies, and heresies and I wonder.

But oddly enough, This boy spent many many many many years doing street ministries and preaching, and all that, so there's no guilt there for me, just grief.

Your comments about shouldnt we welcome them to this forum? whatever. If God puts them in your life, they just wandered into your God Given Dominion, pray for them and speak the words of life to them, but don't pet them and say *there, there, it's ok if your a mormon, can't we all just get along?* Be real, love them, and tell them THE TRUTH! about the REAL JESUS! The incarnate God, the lord of lords and king of kings. ALWAYS point a mormon to Jesus. The major screw up in thier theology is in Theology Proper (i.e. what we beleive about God, the trinity, etc)

When your basic view and understanding of God is off, alllllll the other heresies follow. That's where they are, point them to Jesus, and to the Cross. Never fails. God will be glorified and the truth brings redemption.

Ciao,

Alex

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 09:13 AM

MY BROTHER JJAR, I THINK THAT WE ARE ALL WELL VERSED IN A SENSE, SINCE WE ALL HAVE THE BIBLE AVAILABLE TO US. IN ADDITION, JUST LIKE YOU, MY BROTHER, WE ALL ARE LEARNING, ARE ALL SHEEP, BEING WATCHED OVER BY OUR GREAT FATHER, THE SHEPPERD. BUT THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS, TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

BROTHER JJAR, THANK YOU FOR THE LINK ON MORMONS, AGAIN, I SEE WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM AND NEVER DID I DEFEND MORMONS OR LATTER DAY SAINT PRACTICES AND DOCTRINES, ALTHOUGH I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU SAID I DID.

IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE BIBLE, I DONT SEE ANY PURITY IN BRANDING ANOTHER AS A CULT MEMBER. WE WERE TOLD TO LOVE OUR ENEMIES. (MATTHEW 5)

MY BROTHER, I DID NOT SAY THAT GOLDEN INVENTED THE WORD CULT AND I UNDERSTAND THAT THE WORD CULT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR YEARS, BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT IT HAS BEEN AROUUD SOCIETY FOR YEARS AND NOT IN THE WORD OF GOD BECAUSE THE WORD OF GOD DOES NOT CHANGE AND THE WORD OF GOD DOES NOT PERMIT HER TO SAY THAT.

MATTHEW 7:12

�So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.�

LIKE I HAVE SAID IN PREVIOUS POSTS, I DONT THINK SHE WOULD LIKE WHAT SHE SAID, TO BE SAID TO HER, WHETHER IT HAS BEEN AROUND FOR CENTURIES OR NOT, BECAUSE THE FACT IS, UP UNTIL SHE STATES THIS, SHE IS NOT PART OF A CULT AND NEITHER IS THE LATTER SAINT OF JC GUY BECAUSE HE HAS NOT STATED THIS, YES HE MAY BELIEVE IN DIFFRENT DOCTRINE, BUT WHERE DOES THE BIBLE GIVE US A RIGHT TO SAY THAT HE IS A CULTIST. YOU SEE THE BIBLE TALKS ABOUT FALSE DOCTRINE BUT I HAVE NOT COME ACROSS A PLACE WHERE IT TALKS ABOUT BRANDING PEOPLE AS CULT MEMBERS.

EPHESIANS 4:29

�Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. �

MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, DOES BEING BRANDED A CULT MEMBER, GIVE GRACE TO THOSE THAT HEAR OR DOES IT BUILD UP UNBELIEVERS?

COLOSSIANS 3:8

�But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.�

1 JOHN 4:8

�Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love�

YOU SEE, I AM NOT SAYING THAT GOLDEN DONT LOVE THE GUY AS HER OWN, BUT THE FACT IS THAT, DESPITE NOT BEING INSTRUCTED TO ACCEPT DOCTRINE THAT IS NOT FROM THE WORD OF GOD, WE STILL NEED TO SHOW LOVE WITHOUT THE USE OF FILTHY LANGUAGE. PERIOD.

MAYBE GOLDEN DID NOT MEAN TO USE THAT WORD, BUT BROTHER, TRY TO LOOK AT THIS FROM THE VIEW OF AN UNBELIEVER OR SOMEONE WHO IS ABOUT TO COME TO CHRISTS BODY, HOW HELPFUL IS BEING BRANDED A CULT MEMBER. IS IT GOING TO HELP THAT PERSONS GROWTH, TALKLESS OF WHAT SHOULD NORMALLY BE A LOVING ENTRY INTO CHRISTS KINGDOM?

WHEN HAS THE WORD CULT WHICH HAS BEEN AROUND FOR CENTURIES, EVER IMPLIED SOMETHING POSITIVE OR HELPFUL?

SECONDLY, PLEASE POINT ME OUT TO THE PLACE WHERE I PRECISLEY SAID THAT GOLDEN HAS ALREADY REPORTED THE GUY. NO OFFENCE, I KNOW MY COMMENTS ARE PRETTY LONG BUT YOU MIGHT HAVE TO READ MY COMMENTS AGAIN. I ONLY STATED THAT IF SHE FELT UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THE GUY BEING A MEMBER, THEN SHE SHOULD REPORT HIM ON A PERSONAL LEVEL. SIMPLE.

WHAT GOOD IS IT, NO MATTER WHAT THE PERSON MAY BELIEVE IN, TO BRAND THAT PERSON AS A CULT MEMBER?

MY BROTHER, I DISAGREE THAT THE WEB IS A DIFFRENT BALL GAME. WHAT IS EXPERIANCED ON THE WEB, CAN ALSO BE EXPERIANCED ON A FACE TO FACE LEVEL, AGAIN, IN REFERENCE TO PERSONAL EXPERIANCE. HOW MANY OF US CAN SAY THAT WE HAVE NEVER BEEN LIED TO, EVEN BY OUR OWN FAMILY, ON A FACE TO FACE BASIS, OR THAT FRIENDS AND ASSOCIATES, HAVE NOT CONCEALED THINGS FROM US, ON A FACE TO FACE BASIS?

YOU SEE, THIS IS WHY WE ARE TOLD NOT GIVE OUT OUR PHONE NUMBERS, EMAIL ADDRESSES, NOT TO MENTION OUR NAMES, WE ARE NOT EVEN OBLIGATED TO PUT A PICTURE EITHER. THE WAY I SEE IT, A PERSON CREATES A PROFILE AT HIS OWN RISK. GOD CAN ONLY BE TRUSTED, WERE LIVING IN THE END TIMES MY FRIENDS.

YOU SEE REGARDING A SAFE ENVIRONMENT, I PERSONALLY DONT BELIEVE ANY PLACE ON EARTH IS SAFE, THE DEVIL CAN EVEN TEMPT US IN A CHURCH, I KNOW THIS BECAUSE HE HAS TEMPTED ME IN ONE.

WE WERE NEVER TOLD THAT THE ROAD TO HEAVEN WILL BE EASY, WHICH IS WHY WE ARE TO, �Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it�. (MATTHEW 7:13-14)

JESUS IS OUR HIDING PLACE, OUR SAFETY NET, OUR SECURITY.

MY BROTHERS, WE NEED TO PRAY CONTINOUSLY (1 THESSALONIANS 5:17), FOR �newer believers� AND OF COURSE FOR UNBELIEVERS AND FOR EXISITNG BELIEVERS.

BROTHERS AND SISTERS, WE ARE SURROUNDED BY SIN AND DOCTRINE THAT IS NOT FROM THE WORD OF GOD, EVERY SINGLE DAY. I AINT SAYING THAT NOBODY IS, BUT I AM GENERALLY SAYING THAT WE NEED TO BE BOLD AND STRONG, WE HAVE PUT ON THE WHOLE ARMOUR OF GOD, SO WHOM SHALL WE FEAR?

AVAILABLE TO US, IS THE, BELT OF TRUTH (EPHESIANS 6:14), THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS (EPHESIANS 6:14), THE READINESS THAT COMES FROM THE GOSPEL OF PEACE (EPHESIANS 6:15), THE SHIELD OF FAITH (EPHESIANS 6:16), THE HELMET OF SALVATION AND THE SWORD OF THE SPIRIT (EPHESIANS 6:17)

WITH ALL THIS, WHOM SHALL WE FEAR BRETHREN? WE KNOW THE TRUTH AND WE ARE PROTECTED, WE NEED TO GIVE OUT THE TRUTH IN KINDNESS, NOT IN THE FORM OF BAD LANGUAGE.

MY BROTHER, I KNOW ALL ABOUT WHAT PAUL SAID ABOUT NOT BEING DRAWN AWAY TO A DIFFRENT GOSPEL AND THE WHOLE OF 2 CORINTHIANS 11, BUT THE QUESTION IS, WHERE DID HE SAY THAT IN THE PROCESS OF NOT BEING DRAWN AWAY, THAT WE CAN BRAND PEOPLE AS CULTISTS?

BROTHER ALEX, NO OFFENCE BUT I THINK YOU NEED TO STUDY EVERY SINGLE WORD IN WHICH I PUT DOWN ON THIS ISSUE, LIKE, SERIOUSLY. I GET THE FEELING THAT YOU READ ONE OR TWO WORDS OF MY POSTS AND THEN DECIDE TO COMMENT. MY BROTHER, SERIOUSLY READ MY POSTS AGAIN, RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING.

THE REASON I SAY THIS IS THAT, FROM YOUR LATEST POST, YOU CLAIMED THAT I AM STICKING UP FOR THE GUY WHO IS PRESUMED TO BE A MORMON. LISTEN CAREFULLY MY BROTHER, I AM RIGHTEOUSLY (JOHN 7:24), DEFENDING WHAT HE WAS CALLED BY GOLDEN. I AM UPHOLDING THE WORD OF GOD. I AM NOT DEFENDING HIS SUPPOSED PRACTICES OR HIS DOCTRINES FOR I KNOW THAT IT IS NOT OF GOD. DESPITE WHAT HE IS SAID TO BELEIVE, WE ARE TOLD TO LOVE OUR ENEMIES AND TO NOT SLANDER AND TO NOT USE FILTHY LANGUAGE. PERIOD.:rocknroll:

BY SAYING THAT SOMEONE IS A CULTIST, IS THAT LOVE? NO SERIOUSLY IS THAT LOVE. OK, YOU LOVE YOUR CHILDREN AND OR FAMILY RIGHT? SO SAY A COUSIN OF YOURS WAS A MORMON OR WAS A MUSLIM, WOULD THAT PUT YOU IN A PLACE TO BRAND THEM AS CULTISTS?

OK, LETS SAY YOU HAVE A WORK COLLEGUE WHO IS A MORMON. LETS SAY, YOU WORK CLOSELY WITH THIS COLLEGUE AND BASICALLY, YOU AND HIM ARE IN A TEAM. LETS SAY, HE BOMBARDS YOU DAILY, WITH TALK ABOUT HOW HIS BELIEFS OVER POWER OURS. WOULD YOU START COMPLAINING TO YOUR BOSS THAT HE IS PART OF A CULT AND THAT HE IS EFFECTING YOUR WORK AS WELL AS YOUR BELIEFS OR WOULD YOU GET ON WITH IT AND CONTINUE IN PRAYER?

YOU SEE, MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, WE WERE NEVER TOLD THAT IT WAS GOING TO BE EASY, BUT AT THE SAME TIME, WE WERE NEVER TOLD TO CURSE ALONG THE WAY TO MAKE IT EASIER. (ROMANS 12:14). CURISNG OR BAD LANGUAGE IN GENERAL, ONLY COMPLICATES MATTERS. DONT YOU THINK SO?

MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, AS EXPLAINED IN THE MANY VERSES ABOVE, BAD LANGUAGE IS NOT ACCEPTED, IT DONT MATTER WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN AND I AM NOT ACCEPTING ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF THE WORD.

I WILL ASK THIS FOR THE GAZILLIONETH TIME, LOL, WHERE DOES THE BIBLE GIVE GOLDEN THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT SHE SAID?

MAYBE THAT WAS NOT CLEAR ENOUGH.:zzzz:

I WILL ASK THIS FOR THE GAZILLIONETH TIME, LOL, WHERE DOES THE BIBLE GIVE GOLDEN THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT SHE SAID?

YOU CANNOT GO AROUND SAYING THAT UNBELIEVERS ARE CULTISTS, GOD DOES NOT APPROVE OF THAT AND IT LOOKS AS THOUGH THE VERSES I HAVE UPLOADED PREVIOUSLY, ARE NOT BEING READ.

YOU SEE, BROTHERS AND SISTERS, NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO INTERACT WITH ANY UNBELIEVER, OUR DUTY IS TO PROCLAIM THE WORD OF GOD TO THE WHOLE CREATION BUT THE WORD DOES NOT SAY YOU HAVE TO GO PREACHING TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON, OF COURSE THE SPIRIT WILL GUIDE YOU AS YOU WITNESS. IF YOU DONT WANT TO SPEAK TO HIM, IT AINT A PROBLEM.

IN ADDITION, THE FUNNY SIDE OF THIS TOPIC IS THAT, THE GUY WITH THIS CURIOUS DENOMINATION, HAS NOT SAID A SINGLE WORD, HAS NOT BRANDED HIS FAITH BETTER THAN OUR OWN OR ANYTHING OF THAT NATURE, HE HAS ONLY PUT DOWN HIS DENOMINATION AND HAS BEEN INSULTED IN AN UNRIGHTEOUS MANNER, A MANNER THAT GOD WONT APPROVE OF.

SINCERELY ASK YOUR SELVES TODAY, HOW MANY OF YOU, BEFORE GOD, HAVE ACTUALLY PRAYED FOR THIS SUPPOSED MORMON. YOU DONT HAVE TO ANSWER, JUST KNOW THAT GOD KNOWS ALL AND I AM NOT IMPLYING THAT NONE OF YOU HAVE PRAYED FOR HIM.

MY BROTHER ALEX, YOU SAID THAT JESUS CALLED THE PHARISIES WHITE WASHED TOMBS, FINE. BUT WHERE DOES THE BIBLE GIVE US AUTHORITY TO DO THAT. JESUS IS DIFFRENT FROM US MY FRIEND. HOW MANY OF US HAVE BEEN CRUCIFIED, SO I DONT THINK YOU SHOULD GO THERE, BOTTOM LINE, NO BAD LANGUAGE, AS EMPHASIED IN THE VERSES ABOVE.

OK, MY BROTHER ALEX, BELOW IS ONE OF YOUR LAST PARAGRAPHS, LET ME BREAK IT DOWN.

�Your comments about shouldnt we welcome them to this forum? whatever. If God puts them in your life, they just wandered into your God Given Dominion, pray for them and speak the words of life to them, but don't pet them and say *there, there, it's ok if your a mormon, can't we all just get along?* Be real, love them, and tell them THE TRUTH! about the REAL JESUS! The incarnate God, the lord of lords and king of kings. ALWAYS point a mormon to Jesus. The major screw up in thier theology is in Theology Proper (i.e. what we beleive about God, the trinity, etc)�

FIRST THING FIRST, I CERTAINLY PRAY WHEN I SEE SUCH, FOR PRAYER IS A CONTINUOUS ACT (1 THESSALONIANS 5:17).

SECONDLY, PLEASE COPY AND PASTE WHERE I STATED THAT IT IS OK TO BE A MORMON. UNFORTUNATELY, YOU WONT FIND IT BECAUSE NEVER DID I SAY THAT. LOOK MY BROTHER, BASED ON YOUR POSTS, IT LOOKS AS THOUGH YOU ONLY READ SMALL EXTRACTS AND THEN CONCLUDE, NO OFFENCE BUT YOU NEED TO STRAIGHTEN YOUR FACTS BRO.

YOU THEN WENT ON TO SAY THAT IF A MORMON CAME INTO MY LIFE, I NEED TO LOVE THEM AND TELL THEM THE TRUTH ABOUT JESUS. FIRST OF ALL, THE SUPPOSED MORMON, CAME INTO GOLDENS LIFE, SO MAYBE YOU NEED TO AIM THAT AT HER. ALSO, YOU SAID WE NEED TO LOVE THEM AND TELL THEM THE TRUTH. BY SAYING TO THE SUPPOSED MORMON THAT YOUR A CULTIST, HOW IS THAT LOVE, HOW IS THAT THE TRUTH?

LOOK BROTHER, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM TELLING ME ABOUT THEIR BELIEFS AND PRACTICES, BECAUSE IT IS CLEARLY NOT OF THE TRUE GOD AND IT IS SOMETHING I AM FAR FROM PROTECTING.

IN CONCLUSION, NEVER DID I SUPPORT THE PRACTICES AND DOCTRINES OF THE SUPPOSED MORMON, MY POINT IS THAT, IN ACCORDANCE WITH SCRIPTURE, HE HAS NOT BEEN JUDGED RIGHTEOUSLY. WHAT I AM SAYING IS THAT THE SCRIPTURE DOES NOT GIVE GOLDEN A RIGHT TO SAY WHAT SHE SAID.

LOOK BROTHERS AND SISTERS, IF YOUR SO WOUND UP ABOUT THIS DUDE, SPEAK TO THE MODERATORS. AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED, HE AND HIS SUPPOSED PRACTICES AND DOCTRINES AINT AFFECTING ME AND I CAN ONLY PRAY THAT NON BELIEVERS AND OR NEW BELIEVERS, DONT GET AFFECTED, OF WHICH I HAVE ALREADY DONE AND CONTINUING TO DO SO.

NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST US ALL SHALL PROSPER (ISAIAH 54:17), IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN.

MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS, THIS IS THE LAST I WILL SPEAK ON THIS TOPIC. THE VERY LAST.

YOU DONT HAVE TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS I HAVE ASKED, PLEASE READ AND PONDER FOR I WILL NOT RESPOND ANY FURTHER ON THIS TOPIC.

WHATEVER HAPPENS, THE TRUTH WILL BE TOLD ON THE DAY OF JUDGEMENT. I STILL AND WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU ALL. GOLDEN, AS MUCH AS YOU MAY NOT THINK SO. I LOVE YOU,JUST AS CHRIST LOVED ME.

TRISTAN, PUT AWAY YOUR BOXING GLOVES:boxing:, I WAS AT THE BOXING GYM YESTERDAY, BUT YOU BAILED OUT REMEMBER, LOL, NO I AM KIDDING SERIOUSLY.:nahnah:

YOU SEE, BROTHERS AND SISTERS, I SERIOUSLY LOVE YOU ALL, MAINLY BECAUSE YOU HAVE ALL PLAYED A PART IN ENHANCING MY WALK, I SAY THAT FROM THE HEART AND I THANK YOU SO MUCH AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

THERE COMES A TIME WHEN A DISCUSSION IS UNLIKELY TO REACH AN AGREEABLE STATE, WHICH LEAVES NO OPTION BUT TO DROP IT FROM MY SIDE.

LIKE I SAID, WHEN THE TRUMPET SOUNDS AND HEAVENS GATES OPENS, THE TRUTH WILL BE REVEALED.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND TO GOD BE THE GLORY.:glow:

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 10:32 AM

Good call ending this one Kidd, there are more productive things to do this day than make mountains out of mole hills. Might I suggest with such a passionate subject as this was, that a private message be sent first expressing ones concerns about another believers words or actions, or create new subject post of ones own, generally expressing opinions on such Christian moral issues so as not to single out a Sister or Brother causing them humiliation and embarrassment? Matt 18 vs15...Matt 22 37-39

in Christ

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 12:04 PM

Then it is fitting that the one who did the post shall end the post as a means to address KKidd comments while he gave me a scalding hot bath of his holy spirit.

I do know Mormons, have Mormon friends. I have even met some who do not even know the depth of their religion. The definition of cult has been presented in this post and it stands. I have found jjar61 recommended web site on non-christian religions useful and will have a copy at my door for visitors of latter day and j.w. (they were just around last weekend). The member who stated he was a mormon, did not contact me, nor i to him, it was just a random click of a photo. Who knows, maybe God was using me to bring these false religions to light. It may not be pc to bring these forward, however, tristan07 did address why so brilliantly.

I have been harassed in the work place by subordinates with their views of churches and hypocrites. Since i live in USA, my subordinates can do this, but i can not make comments back as i (and employer) would be sued. I'm not fond of the assumptions made of others with the shoes/paths they have had or have not had to walk.

This is a "Christian" datiing site. Members select their doctrine based on the known Christian sects. The use of the word doctrine is not used to define religion. The word is used to describe the type of instruction used for the religion, in this case Christianity. Choices of latter day saints, agnostic or atheist (etc.) are not an option since it does not go with the mission of CDFF web site. Witnessing to non-believers is not an objective of this site. Aside from the dating aspect, most of us are looking to renew, enhance, and strenghten our belief in Jesus Christ and to "enjoy meeting and engaging in stimulating discussions" through the use of chat forums.

This is a "Christian" dating site. There was a post where i asked why was it important to "yoke" oneself with a strong believer. I received excellent advice and became more affirmed in my desire to find a life long mate who is committed to all of the teachings of JC. As such, dating sites such as CDFF are important. Just as critical, is assuring each is a Christian. CDFF does that by the member's own admission.

Good by, i believe i will retreat and get some ointment for the burns i received. Personally, if JC were to come into a coffee shop and sat at a table with this heated discussion going on, he would be the guy (or gal) listening.

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 04:12 PM

Mormonism is a false religion.Jesus warned of many false religions to come,satan always tries to copy god as closely as possible,im sorry that so many people have been led astray by this apostacy,but Jesus said,"my sheep hear my voice""no one can snatch them out of my hand"We should have no tolerance for satans deception!

In Christ

steven

Page : 1 2 3 4