Author Thread: latter day saints
Admin

latter day saints
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 01:22 AM

I just saw a profile from a man who stated under denomination he was Latter day saint of j.c.

my understanding is this religion is not a denomination of Christianity. If that is the case, why is he being allowed to be a member? It is also curious he was able to "post" that description as a choice, since after double checking, that cult is not an option.

freeone777

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 08:00 PM

Well said Legend....well said.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 15 Sep, 2009 12:57 AM

Reading this discussion almost made my eyes pop out of my head.

I have to agree completely with jjar and Alex. Sorry, Mormon's are a cult - there is no tip toeing around that. They are the wolves that the Bible talks about in Matthew 7:15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep�s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves." You may know some Mormons that are really nice people - and some of these people may be simply ignorant to the false beliefs of the church and need to be handled in a caring way, but still pointed to the fact that they follow a false god. The other reason they may be really nice people is because they have to be. If they aren't nice, they will not become a god themselves, rule their own planet, and have many wives and spirit babies of their own. Yes. This is a fact. It is a belief of theirs as stated by Alex.

If I sound harsh against these people that go door to door misleading God's children and possibly assisting them in choosing a life of damnation, then so be it. These people are wolves. It amazes me that any Christian and follower of God would be willing to invite these wolves into their homes, smile and hug them, give them cookies and pat them on the head out of "Christian love." Bologna. I have no problems talking to them, but I'm very straightforward that they are headed to a lifetime of hell with their false prophet. There is no questioning this. The Bible is VERY clear about what happens to those who reject Christ, which is EXACTLY what they are doing. If we want to show them love, it should be by pointing them toward the truth AND showing others their heresies. They are wolves and shouldn't be treated like friendly little poodles.

Just like satan, they come as a false light into the world and do what they can to not seem dangerous. But wolves ARE dangerous. They kill sheep for the sake of killing - most of the time, they aren't even hungry, they just enjoy the kill. Mormons will give you small amounts of information about their "religion" at a time as not to scare you away. They won't tell you until they've sunk the hook in and pulled you in the boat that you will eventually be required to wear magic underwear and know a secret handshake to get into heaven. (Yes, this is true). They twist words and meanings for the sake of drawing people in. It's a flat out, brain washing cult. They are false prophets and wolves, plain and simple.

If you want to run up to satan and treat him like a buddy, that's your choice. However, I will continue to call these misled people and their beliefs out onto the carpet in order to warn the sheep.

Acts 20:29 "I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock"

Titus 1:9 "He must hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it."

Lynn

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 08:29 AM

We are to stand against false religions. Joseph Smith was a false prophet. The mormon church has alot of nice people who are decieved by his teachings. Since you taken the dont judge out of contex. I take what you teach who Jesus is Who God is, your salvation, and test them through the word of God. I feel sorry that you will have to give an account of you life on the great whith thrown.

Ehp 2:8 We are saved by grace through faith, not by works

Only Jesus can save you and not the spirit brother of Lucifer.

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 08:39 AM

You are correct . the mormon faith is a cult. It denies the Bibical why for salvatiot. Their definations of who is who is different than the bible

Jesus Mormon; Spirit brother of Luicfer

Jesus Christian: God in flesh, born of a virgin birth.

God Mormon: Exaulted man

God Christian: Spirit

Salvation Mormon: By good Works

Salvation Christian: By faith alone

Now if anyone says im judging Im judging what Joesph was preaching through the bible. The Bible says test all thing through the word. Mormon's are very nice people but they have been taught and decived by Joesph Smith who was decived by satan

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 02:03 PM

Oh My !!! Sibling Rivalry...lol...I'll put 2 cents in on this and get back to the point...If I remember right LDS of JC...is Morman a Denomination of Christian origin.

The Lord Jesus Christ gives US His Apostels and Children the Authority to counsel our Brothers and Sisters in all matters of the GOD's law and the New Covenant he made before He left us. And if We minister/spread the Good Word on or off this site to a Non Believer and they do not accept The LORD...then WE wipe the dust from our feet and move on. Some people may agree or disagree...It really does not matter. What does matters is "WE" are all equal at the foot of the Cross. What ever Denomination, Sect, Order, Culture...I say "Welcome" to all that seek the Truth , the LORD and the Face of GOD...xo

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 04:23 PM

P.S. Oops...Oh Darn...My apologies given to all...I jumped in an didnt see all the other posts...enjoyed readin all the views, input and by the "Word" discussions...much Truth...i'l be sure next time to hit the last page 1st before I jus drop my 2 cents...:glow: Ya all hava GOD filled and Blessed weekend....Jude

evona

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 5 Oct, 2009 03:54 PM

let us not be so easily persuaded to be"politically correct"

if someone is a blood washed,born again believer why would he or she want to associate with a religion that is not biblically sound?

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 02:47 AM

Mormons believe they are Christian and the Word clearly says their not. Walter Martin was a great witness to the Mormon Cult and has led many ex mormons to the truth. We as Christian believers must defend the Bible to others that come here in this website. We are not much of a christian if we cant defend the truth to non believers.

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 20 Oct, 2009 05:21 PM

I agree with the lot of you.I do not know any mormans.Those of you who do know mormans how do you tell them about Jesus?just curious.

View Profile
History
latter day saints
Posted : 27 Oct, 2009 09:08 AM

Well...talk to them just like ya talk to anyone else about the Lord. I ask " Do you know Jesus"? Of couse they say Yes. And then I ask "Do you have a relationship with Jesus"? Then the ministering begins. Ya see...I couldnt very well just tell them what I know to be the Truth. I must first ask and then show them. I have read the book of Morman so I understand that it is one man's perspective and interpitation...Not GOD's. The Christian Bible (Old Testament and New Testament) which is translated from Hebrew and Greek has been around for a very long time. The N/T contains the Gossples of Jesus's Apostles and the Word's of The Lord Jesus Christ. And All other books have been written after these events. If they are open they will listen and share. If not..well...thank them for there time and move on...Praying in the Spirit that GOD's seed has been planted.

In Christ

Jude

Page : 1 2 3 4