Author Thread: Progression-Tandem to Shunammite's Post on Games
Admin

Progression-Tandem to Shunammite's Post on Games
Posted : 19 Aug, 2009 09:52 PM

This tags along to Shunammite's post about Games. People play games with you sometimes and tend to lead you along, try to scam you, or just be silly with you rather than legitimately trying to communicate with you with an end in mind.

It seems I have two kinds of progression. Either they want to marry me tomorrow or they want to move so slowly, it's too slow for me.

I am not saying I want to get married tomorrow, but when it drags on and on and there is no sign of moving with it, it drains and causes me to want to move on faster.

Friends I have. If I wanted to communicate with friends I could do it off of here. I am here for a specific purpose, for a specific reason and therefore am very intense in taking care of that.

I agree with Shunammite that she has no time to play games. I just don't want to endlessly communicate with someone either with no progression, i.e. phone conversations, discussion of further being a match, etc., or it being so slow I'm wondering what's happened and thinking I could move on. I just want to go in that situation.

Shunammite, I would be particularly interested in your answer on this. :)

God bless!

Shunammite

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 04:55 PM

Sis, I haven�t experienced the �want to marry tomorrow� � perhaps because my profile states that I am only here for friendships. I really do want to make friends here - male friends � to learn about men generally. But even then, I have experienced the endless silly meaningless back and forth. Some�s behavior has emphasized my theory that loose women in this generation have �spoilt� men and made them expect that every woman will take whatever trash they give her, fall at their feet, and never ask for accountability.

On my cruise last month, I met a nice warm older couple and we got talking. Their son (38) has been living with a girl for 4 years. You could tell they felt it was all wrong. The man stated �well, this generation, they can easily get the milk without the cow, so why would they want to marry?�. He expressed his sadness generally at women throwing themselves at men. Unfortunately, even Christian women and men think they can get the milk without the cow. However, we all can see that it doesn�t work that way. I have male friends who are happily married and in love. They are the ones who treat their women with dignity and respect. I also have happily married girl friends. They are the ones who respect and submit to their man. When either parties play games, it is a lose lose. No one gains long term. Short term ego booster, but hey, should we Christians also be doing drugs (emotional drugs, that is, LOL).

�Tell me what you want, what you really really want and I will tell you what I want, what I really really want��

�but don�t waste my time. I am learning to cut off the strings sooner than later. The old me would keep finding excuses for the lack of progression/silliness, but not anymore! Grown men only need apply. LOL!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Aug, 2009 06:07 PM

You're right! We're too old and too mature to play these games. I think you're exactly right about women giving the impression that they will take any trash men throw our way. That's sad. That's exactly what I see on here sometimes. They have horrible qualities or are in a mess or are just mean and awful and really expect me just to fall for that. I can't understand that. Do they not think I have more God-respect than that. I say God-respect instead of self-respect. That's ridiculous. Do they not think I would have a problem that they have no job, no church, have been divorced 3 times with no evidence of fixing the situation, smoke, drink, etc.? I think the fix is you and I and women like us taking the stand we're taking and saying no.