Author Thread
Shunammite

View Profile
ask me when iam more awake
Posted : 3 Sep, 2009 03:22 PM

Did she say it in a playful way? Perhaps she was sooo pleasantly surprised, been waiting for you to ask and she cant believe her ears?

If not playful, sorry its the other extreme - RUDE!

Shunammite

View Profile
Generation of vipers
Posted : 2 Sep, 2009 05:08 PM

Sometimes I wonder if this generation is indeed one of vipers and it breaks my heart for us - for our generation!

This post is about gays and lesbians and I do not intend to bash anyone - Not at all. My heart is just broken.

I love gays and lesbians, but I feel sad that such a lifestyle is now encouraged so widely. Today at work, I walked past my lesbian coworker in the hallway, and was dissapointed in what this world is turning into.

So, we have a dress code at work - business professional, and here she was, dressed in business professional, but as a man, and it was totally ok! She is not transgender. She is openly lesbian (the 'male' in the relationship), and obviously acceptable to dress as a man for that reason.

Just really sad what we've come to see as 'normal'.

Shunammite

View Profile
Divorce
Posted : 2 Sep, 2009 05:00 PM

Gals and Guys, is there REALLY any such thing as an amicable divorce? I dont get it when people say that. I feel its just cliche but am I wrong?

If you REALLY loved your spouse (at any point), how can divorce be amicable? At the root of divorce is a trigger of misunderstanding. We can agree to disagree, I get that. We can become best of friends after the divorce, I (somewhat) get that. But can the process be amicable?

I am not proposing that divorce should be bitter, because with God's grace of forgiveness, you can come to love that person again (as we owe all men love) but how can there be amicable divorce?

Shunammite

View Profile
IS "THE GIFT OF TONGUES," OF MODERN PENTECOSTALISM BIBLICAL?
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 05:12 PM

I believe in the gifts of tongues and in the demonstration of other gifts (word of knowledge, healing et al) in our time. I am impressed too at the # of people here that believe in same, knowing how unpopular its become. The dissension, IMHO is a trick of the enemy - another simple attempt at disunity in the body of Christ. God help us all!

The trick about scripture is that you can almost find a reference to support any perspective. Putting it in context resolves many things but I would argue gray areas still abound.

Just a quick one on Mark 16 - I have a friend who recently got healed of cancer. She wasn�t one to say "no doctors" so she went through chemo and all. But she also held on strongly to God for healing (which she did get aside from the chemo - but that�s a whole book to write in itself). Anyways, she stood on Mark 16. She drank all the poison (as Chemo/Radiotherapy is supposed to do to some body cells) but she lost not a strand of hair. she had not a moment of nausea, not a single adverse symptom. God gave her that scripture and she held on to it. So should it be taken literarily? Its up to you!

I believe in the Holy Spirit and the gifts all the way. Couldn�t do life in Christ without it! I also believe in moderation and haven�t been known to attend �free for all� prophetic services where members of congregation come from no where and prophesy over you and �lay hands�, pushing people until they fall. I believe in falling �under the anointing�, not under physical force. I don�t fancy that because deception is ungodly and much of this congregational kinds are exposed to deception. Also I want my Pastor laying hands on me, and not just any strange person I don�t know. What all have they got that they are transferring by that laying of hands? Who knows � deception spirit, adulterous spirit, arrogance, etc?

On unity - I love the approach of a preacher I listened to not too long ago - he doesn�t believe in Pentecostalism but had a profound perspective on dissensions. He states: "On the White & Black, we stick with doctrine, on the gray areas, we seek respect and unity in the body". We often times miss that and want to doggedly push our perspective.

Shunammite

View Profile
Would you...?
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 06:17 AM

As you can see, my original post was not to advocate any man. Again, I do NOT follow popular opinion - prosperity nor anti-prosperity. TV evangelist or anti-TV evangelist.

You all seemed to be interested in expressing deep seated opinions against the man in question - your prerogative. but again, the post did not start, continue nor end by advocating KC. It indeed referenced him as the author and that set off the attacks against him. I insist, love is not disrespectful. If you love God, you will follow HIS commandments and acknowledge you are not a "know it all". God help us all. Spiritual pride tripped Mr. Lucifer.

Shunammite

View Profile
Would you...?
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 06:12 AM

donpjt, FYI, i didnt feel condemned. I havent read your long post but scanned through and thot to correct the last paragraph. I am uncondemnable by man. he he he!

Shunammite

View Profile
Would you...?
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 08:53 PM

sis Gloryshine, thanks. It dont bother me though! I know in whom I believe, and never follow men. I test every thing with the Spirit of Christ in me and though I may miss it sometimes, God has promised to lead me by that Spirit not by popular opinion. I don�t just follow people/opinion.

Tristan, for me, I am SOLD out to JESUS CHRIST, mennnnnnnn. If I heard tomorrow that the devil were born again, or that the greatest Apostle of all times were the anti Christ, wont change my personal beyond-reverse commitment.

Its tough to walk with Christ. There are just so many things we don�t �get�. We see in part and understand in part for now. For example, how would you explain poor Uzza, who thought he was �defending� God by not letting the ark fall, and got killed for it? How would you explain the Pharisees who thought they were defending the ancient land marks while rejecting Jesus (somewhat easily labeled the prosperity preacher of his time)? How would you explain Jacob the supplanter who became heir to the promise? So many of them. �Blessed is he who is not offended in me�.

I insist that this article blessed me beyond measure! I believe in its principle. I don�t sow just to reap. I sow because I love my father. I forgive because I love my father but I also receive the fringe with all gratitude!

I insist as well that LOVE is the greatest commandment! Wow, how come HOLINESS or RIGHTEOUSNESS or SCRIPTURAL ACCURACY did not make that top 1 list - all of which are important? Perhaps because God wanted us to value unity in the body?

Beloved, let us LOVE one another. Let us speak the TRUTH in LOVE.

Shunammite

View Profile
Say something nice about the person above
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 04:40 AM

thanks Tristan. you as well brother!

Shunammite

View Profile
Music
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 04:25 AM

What's your favorite song?

Mineremains Darlene Zschech's "Shout to the Lord".

Shunammite

View Profile
share your toothbrush?
Posted : 25 Aug, 2009 05:47 PM

Interesting! I did share my toothbrush with my husband. I wouldnt with a 'date' though. I would probably do it again with my new husband! I dont think much of it.

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10