Author Thread: I Choose
godlymom2

View Profile
History
I Choose
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 07:36 PM

I Choose

Why do I continue to thirst and perish when I know Your living waters will satisfy?

Why do I choose to hunger, to starve, when You�ve placed before me the bread of life?

And though You blow the breath of life on me, I still suffocate and gasp for air.

Why do I seek out answers from the world when in Your Word, all truth is there?

Why, though my Father is the king with cattle on a thousand hills, do I choose to do without?

And though I know You�re the way, the truth, the life, why do I choose to walk in doubt?

Why do I choose to wander in darkness when You have shown down the light of heaven for me?

And why talk to everyone else about my joys and sorrows instead of coming to You on bended knee?

And though You�ve given me all authority in Christ, why do I choose to accept condemnation and fear?

Why do I choose to walk in loneliness when I know You are always right here?

Why do I still worry about things when all things will be added when I first seek You?

Lord, help me not just understand why, but help me change these things I do.

So now I choose to stand firm on Your promises though the world says there�s no way.

And when hunger, thirst, lack, and doubt come, I will choose to pray and speak in faith.

~~A Pen in His Hand �2009

tristan07

View Profile
History
I Choose
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 04:26 AM

ahh girl, that was off the hook. A perfect blend of reality and christainity. that was awesome.

call me later. i'd like to talk to ya some more.

View Profile
History
I Choose
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 04:52 PM

that couldn't be anymore perfect and true...great job my sister!!!

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

godlymom2

View Profile
History
I Choose
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 07:13 PM

Thanks Zoe & Alex! I'm glad you liked it! ;">

View Profile
History
I Choose
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 02:05 AM

I have to second Alex and Zoe. That was an awesome poem!

How often do we struggle with what's reality...ops sorry - the world's reality when we can have the reality of the awesome power of God and the love of a heavenly Father?

The question is how do we make it real? I guess I answered the cause of my problem - I concentrate on what the great "I" is doing instead of just surrendering and let God do it all.

tristan07

View Profile
History
I Choose
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 04:01 PM

Your going to use some of my poems at your reading arent ya katie... lol