Author Thread: Just a little something I wrote=)
Admin

Just a little something I wrote=)
Posted : 21 Aug, 2009 08:13 PM

What if a second was an hour, and a day a week? What if a year was a millenium? What if time was measured by each his own means? What if we stopped it to make it fit our pace? If you could store time in a bottle, and make your life stand still, would you? Would you keep the moments you enjoy alive, and never let them pass away from you? Maybe time is not the enemy, and maybe it waits for no one, because it knows that while some memories are nice to keep alive, without letting them go, new ones are not created, and thus to live, to experience, and to truly thrive with every breath given us, it must keep moving, onward, and always. Time is precious, so do not waste it; because you never know when yours will run out......

donpjt

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Aug, 2009 09:19 PM

Ah well, Time! I guess as one grows older our perspectives of life and how to live will change, responsibilities grow, then one has kids, so you feel it was better when you were younger but then one has sweet time with their children that it feels like heaven, then children grow up and then you again feel sad and wish time would go back. And then maybe your spouse will die and you will feel lonely. And then we will wish that we be in heaven :) But if Christ is our sole love and hope and joy from our youth to our old age, he will never change and he will be with us always. In fact we will learn to love him more and more as we grown older. And he will not just be a memory for us, but a living presence, and so much of a presence that we will become more and more eager to meet him and we just won't be able to wait to get to heaven to see him!

Thanks for your quote, its a bit deep, a bit tough to make out too, but good for a beginner, I would encourage you to read the older writing, like that of the earlier Christian writers like Spurgeon and all, They are really deep and give much to think about and so encouraging and it will help you in thinking in an altogether new perspective and write in maybe a poetic way!

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2009 12:34 AM

Wow thats pretty good that you wrote :)