Author Thread: A question and comment for the separated...
thatjennygirl

View Profile
History
A question and comment for the separated...
Posted : 24 Aug, 2009 10:30 AM

If you are still married, which you are until officially divorced, why are you on a dating site? While still married, your number one priority as a Christian is to try and reconcile with your spouse. If you have exhausted all efforts and God has given a clear no on making it work, then this time needs to be spent working on your healing and growing closer to Jesus. Not only is jumping into dating shortchanging your own healing process and opportunity for self reflection and growth, it is putting your potential dates into an awkward situation either by causing them to be adulterers'/ess' (remember it's not just about the physical) or putting them in the position of "healer" or "therapist" for your unresolved issues.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 10:27 PM

I hear you Walter4U, but the issue isn't truly or souly placed on lust (for we can sin with our thoughts as well)... However, it's truly about respect for your relationship, and a sepperated woman or man hasn't put closure on their current matters & marraige.... So what could they possibly offer a single woman or man, "but trouble & hardship"... That's what we are getting at, for the bottom line is "married people shouldn't be looking, entertaining, lusting or searching for pleasure in the company of someone else" ("especially when they've so called entered into a commitment that they've been unable to uphold with their spouse or God")...

For in a marraige, the vowels are not only to "one another, but is a promise to God"... However, I can relate to what you are saying "but we are looking at the whole picture"... I pray that made scense to you...

By the way, "I enjoy your readings Walter4U" (for you always keep a person on their toes)... You are one who can honestly keep it real, yet teach while ya preach!... I admire you for that... May you and everyone else, be and stay "blessed"...:waving: See ya around....

AnotherChance2*

thatjennygirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 11:06 PM

Right, right and right!! I could just restate all that I have already mentioned about the subject here, but I've pretty much exhausted myself explaining my feelings on the subject and quite frankly, I'm bored of talking about this anymore. :) But I have to say, I'm thankful you guys are speaking out against this with me because I was beginning to think I was in the Twilight Zone!

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 01:53 AM

I feel ya sista thatjennygirl (smile), because I was feeling the same way (an thought I was alone too)... Again, "great topic".... May you have an abundantly blessed and prosperous week-end:angel:

AnotherChance2:waving:

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 09:07 PM

Thank you AnotherChance2! I give our Lord the glory and just try to do the best I can as I feel lead.

Blessings!

Walter

Page : 1 2 3