Author Thread: custody battles every parent dreds
irish247

View Profile
History
custody battles every parent dreds
Posted : 24 Aug, 2009 08:07 PM

I have been involved in a custody battle for my kids all summer. My ex scheduled to take the kids for a short visit this summer and came to get the kids on my daughters graduation from a christian preschool. Within a week I was served papers she was going for custody. She had given me the kids to raise for the last two years while she went on some sort of search for herself, basically went guy shopping, good thing the kids were with me. I am a christian and my ex is a real witch, not a pun. So when the kids are with her they dont even get to pray outloud, the kids are little and need guidance, and I have taught them to pray and all about Jesus but they pray out loud, before meals and bed etc.

So this summer has been a true nightmere, the judge wont hear the case quickly, has turned down every motion I have brought, with my lawyer. It is so very hard to be filled with strength for them, for this situation and not filled with rage at the courts. OS I have seen the kids for one week this summer, and I had to promise I would not enforce my rights to remove the kids. This has majorly been a test of faith, patience and spending time on my knees crying out to God and begging for my babies. Fear attacks me too, what if they dont come back, what if I pay all of my paychecks to her and she really just wants the money not the kids, what if the flavor of month guy she is with abuses the kids.........I goes on and on. I am sure some of you have had to go through this, I have family to help me a bit, but it is so hard without having a mate to help me through this time. Well I just wanted to share and let others in on my life , and perhaps some of you are going through it too. I pray a lot, have a very close relationship to Jesus and that is the only thing that gets me by. I have given it all up to Him, frankly because I cant handle the weight of this burden, it has broken my heart so deeply right now, until I can figure out whats next I have had to put my life on hold.

cheribrown

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 05:32 AM

Omg mike i am a single mother of two beautiful girls, ur words are encouraging thanks 4 the positive outlook.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Feb, 2010 03:29 PM

I'm quite sure I couldn/t have done it without the Lord.So if you have HIM,you have everything I had to walk through it and come out grinnin like you can ever imagine!Though that may be from partial insanity brought on by stress lol,but hey,smile if ya can!

Always keep in mind that your kids won't be perfect,they can't be,they are human too.Remember also that the pain and changes they will go through in the midst of a one parent household,though not the best way,can bring on strong positive characteristics in each of them in thier own way.Look for those characteristics and help them hone them to perfection.

Also remember that tomarrow WILL be differant than today.So when things look grim,they are temporary and thier is ALWAYS HOPE!

(wh're is that dang spellcheck) 80

tj37

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Sep, 2011 05:46 AM

i feall your pain brother. i have hade my kids taken from me buy my ex and every time i am abel to find them she moves somplace ells. even with a cort order its more like a gideline to her. hade my kids 45 days this sumer and when my ex got the kids back she left the state with them and i have not seen them or herd from them since. to be honest its hard to keep faith when you feall everything is stacked aginst you. on the times i got my kids i hade to brake cusing habits they pickedup from ther mom along with outher bad habits. its hard to see things like that but its harder not knowing wher they are.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2012 04:37 AM

well, I feel blessed now, even though its a grim tale for me as well, the words spoken here are good, and right, and true.... I have oine out of three that go see her, the other 2 have chosen to part ways unless a life style change takes place, but my third son is getting what ever he wants, we have never been able to buy stuff on a whim, but now its like the flood gates are open and the pouring out of any request by my son is the law... my son went from having his needs met to having every request met.... all I have to offer him is the Love of Christ when he is with me.... so that is what he gets!!!

I may be in the middle of the custody battle but I need to trust God, and God made that an easy job for me in some ways... because I have nothing but God as a means in this battle.

stay strong IN THE LORD and not in yourself. that is all i have.

God bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Dec, 2012 10:51 AM

very interested in an update

Page : 1 2