Author Thread: custody battles every parent dreds
irish247

View Profile
History
custody battles every parent dreds
Posted : 24 Aug, 2009 08:07 PM

I have been involved in a custody battle for my kids all summer. My ex scheduled to take the kids for a short visit this summer and came to get the kids on my daughters graduation from a christian preschool. Within a week I was served papers she was going for custody. She had given me the kids to raise for the last two years while she went on some sort of search for herself, basically went guy shopping, good thing the kids were with me. I am a christian and my ex is a real witch, not a pun. So when the kids are with her they dont even get to pray outloud, the kids are little and need guidance, and I have taught them to pray and all about Jesus but they pray out loud, before meals and bed etc.

So this summer has been a true nightmere, the judge wont hear the case quickly, has turned down every motion I have brought, with my lawyer. It is so very hard to be filled with strength for them, for this situation and not filled with rage at the courts. OS I have seen the kids for one week this summer, and I had to promise I would not enforce my rights to remove the kids. This has majorly been a test of faith, patience and spending time on my knees crying out to God and begging for my babies. Fear attacks me too, what if they dont come back, what if I pay all of my paychecks to her and she really just wants the money not the kids, what if the flavor of month guy she is with abuses the kids.........I goes on and on. I am sure some of you have had to go through this, I have family to help me a bit, but it is so hard without having a mate to help me through this time. Well I just wanted to share and let others in on my life , and perhaps some of you are going through it too. I pray a lot, have a very close relationship to Jesus and that is the only thing that gets me by. I have given it all up to Him, frankly because I cant handle the weight of this burden, it has broken my heart so deeply right now, until I can figure out whats next I have had to put my life on hold.

irish247

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Aug, 2009 10:20 PM

Hey to all that are interested,

It seems that when I have any plans of preconsieved thoughts, the Lord just loves to play got you with me. I basically never thought I would be seeing the kids until the judge ruled. It seems that the child family investigator did not have enough time to do there work before the case went to the judge, and they had to ask for more time. SO I aksed to have the kids half time until the judge hears the case, like in six months. SO the kids are going to be with me in like six days, and I thought I was going to the final hearing in 14 days, which was portponed for months.....Will small miracles continue to happen, bless you my sweet Jesus, I could be blown over with a feather right now, really. Dont give up hope everyone, pray.

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 11:51 AM

I know your pain brother, I will pray for you and your kids. I have 5 of my own, and they mean everything to me.

God Bless you,

Alex

teacher4life

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 05:30 PM

I am sorry you are going through this. I can't imagine a mom handing her kids over to raise for a couple of years. I hate when my ex has the kids for 1 or 2 days. I fear he just doesn't take care of them.

It is a horrible feeling that someone else (the courts) has the right to say what is best for your children.

My prayers are with you.

Rosemarie00

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 03:11 PM

Amen, I am glad that you are going to have your childern with you. God bless you and have a wonderful time with your little ones.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 10:06 PM

dear teach and marie, welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Oct, 2009 11:55 PM

I can only say that you need to remember it's all temporary, you'll have to go through it and remember Jesus is with you so case all your cares upon Him and believe me one day you'll look back and wonder how you managed live through it.

I'll pray for you, your kids and for God to open her eyes (your ex) and show her the truth, and how she's hurt you and the kids.

God Bless

IMstarting_over

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Oct, 2009 05:13 PM

Prayers go out to you (I'm also going through a custody battle)... You're not alone.

Enjoy every moment you get with your kids... they know you love them.

"If God brings you to it, he'll bring you through it"

Your

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2009 02:59 PM

I know your pain and your struggles, for my daughter was taken away from me at 2 3/4 years old; she is 3 now! Her father is the devil....My Son and I miss her everyday! Why was she taken??? Hmmmmm??? Good question... but you are not alone and God will bring our children back to us and Im believing that!!! Amen:yay::prayingm::prayingf:

Your

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2009 03:01 PM

AMEN

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Nov, 2009 09:11 PM

Try and keep in mind some things as you go through this.First of al I vew my kids as being on loan to me from God.They are His first.Luckelly He's the right man for the job.He knows exactly what will happen in thier life and they ARE in HIs plan,just like you and I.Kids are very resiliant,they can bounce back from most anything and God uses ALL things in our lives for His Glory.I've raised mine alone for the last 11 years and I know the stress and worry that comes along wth it.Keep your mind strong,your heart healthy and your body just the same.Be the best YOU that you are capable and you'll be doing the best thing you can for your kids.Your kids WILL be fine,they have the Breath of God in them.Be Strong Bro!There's life on the other side of this and life on the way there.Be Light and live Life!

Page : 1 2