Author Thread: Disappointed...Once again.
Admin

Disappointed...Once again.
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 02:33 PM

I mett a guy a few months ago off of myspace. (by the way, I no longer have a myspace account) Things between us seemed so promising he told me that he couldnt believe that he could care for somebody so much in such a short amount of time and he thought that I was the one that God wanted him with and that he would do right by me and my daughter and on and on and on!!!!!! He seemed to be a good God fearing man..or so I thought..I gave my heart to this man..WAAAY to fast. (I know..bad on my part) Thinking that everything he was saying to me was sincure, only to get my heart broken In the end.

He lives almost two hours away from me and he came down to visit and everything was great....but within a matter of weeks he starting dating these other women and told me he was just "caught up in the moment" that he was sure he meant It at the time!!but that we needed to just slow waaay down and work on our friendship and see where that lead us...I was crushed. ..How could somebody go from one extreme to the next...and act as if It was no big deal!!!???

The girl he was gonna date decided that she was interested in him and of course...being me..I was worried about him and wanted to make sure he was okay...after we talk for a little while he tells me that he Is sorry for messing things up between us and that he wanted us to remain friends....I bought into it once agian..and told him that there was still a possiblity for us....

A month goes by, and he starts dating somebody else...then he tells me that maybe we should just stay friends because he didnt want a long distance relationship, that he wanted somebody he could come home to everynite....Of course, my this time I'm already so confused and heartbroken that I just didnt care anymore..I was just like, "WHATEVER!"

Then to my surprise he started talking to somebody who lived like 20 hours away...they havent even mett yet..but they are calling eachother husband and wife and are planning there lives together as I speak. MAKES NO SENSE TO ME! I was so upset because that just tells me that he was telling me a bunch of nothing..maybe he just didnt want to hurt me anymore so he used the distance as an accuse..which only hurt me more In the end..WAS I NOT WORTH THE TRUTH? I would rather get hurt over the truth then be more hurt because of dishonesty.

Needless to say, we are no longer friends...I have forgiven him but my heart still hurts. I really thought that this guy was GOD SENT. I think that he wanted me to just up and move to Oklahoma with him but sense I will not live with a man I am not married to he went and found him some chick that would.

Dont get me wrong, I didnt mind remaining friends with him and taking things slower..it's actually better that way because thats the only way you can fully get to know somebody It's so easy to get caught up In the moment and disregard everything else or let me say it this way..BE BLINDED TO EVERYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE PERSON! Dont get me wrong I know nobody Is perfect but I will make sure I get to know the persons full character (the good, the bad and the ugly) before allowing myself to take It any further and besides that I dont like being rushed Into anything to begin with!

I guess the point I am trying to make here Is this....Dont be so quick to give your heart to anybody..I dont care If they are a christian or not. You really just have to take a step back and just watch there actions to see if they line up with there words. and If they dont line up then I would bale!!!!! lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 02:58 PM

agh..I just discovered after reading my post that I made a fsome mistakes In a few of my statements!

Anybody know how to "edit" this thing?

tristan07

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2009 03:07 PM

ahh girl. You are preaching to the choir. This website is rife with people who have broken hearts.

Step back, catch your breath, breathe. The greatest things in life are the hardest. I have learned so many life lessons over the past year, been hurt, broken, healed, broken again.

You just move on. and you trust in God, and learn to live the life he has given to you faithfully.

The people on this website will all love and support you, like they did for me, just pour your heart out, we will be here for you. You are blessed.

Ciao,

Alex

rematche

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Sep, 2009 08:01 AM

yeah...move on. there's nothing you can do. i have some bad experience too, but i always smile and keep moving forward.

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Sep, 2009 02:32 PM

I'm waaaaaay past that dude now! lol I look back on It now and I had to ask myself, "what was It about this guy that really got my attention?" so, after much thought and consideration, I came to the conclusion that It was all the charm he was dishing out to me..I liked It..he made me feel wanted and sense I wanted to be wanted I kempt going back for more! agh...stupid me. On a much better note..the guy I am speaking with now competely BLOWS HIM OUT OF THE WATER!