Author Thread: About The IM Function....
Admin

About The IM Function....
Posted : 29 Aug, 2009 11:36 AM

Greetings all:applause:... How many people use the IM function, and if you do "are you experiencing any problems".

In my case, I'm being kocked off & experiencing pauses or it slowing my computer down. I've trouble shooted by checking my connection, allowing pop-ups for the site, virus scanning & cleaning and refreshing my apps. However it still causes a problem (yet, IM really doesn't seem to be a good feature for many sites). Truthfully, I feel this is just a function that should be replaced with something more fun. Can or will you please share your opinions about this topic with me? Thanks:glow:

AnotherChance2*

PS... I'm also starting to see that some of the advertisements (on this site), are showing "The webpage cannot be found"... Is it because they no longer hold an account with the site (because again, it's not with my connection)... Yet, I've been unsuccessful in finding a Refresh button (for cookies, that could be missing for the use of the site)...

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Sep, 2009 11:30 AM

About the advertisements saying "Webpage cannot be found," I have that problem too, but only at work. We have a pretty strict internet filter here (I work at a Christian college) that tends to block ads. I'm honestly surprised this whole site isn't blocked! The filter searches for keywords (or so I'm told), and sometimes it blocks the craziest things!

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Sep, 2009 12:20 PM

Greetings bcpianogal... Okay, that sounds a bit logical "for I do block things that are too graphic or high in sexual content"... Good point but on the other hand, I'm like you "I can't see anything that this site would have, which would be graphic" (pertaining to the "the webpage cannot be found")... On the IM, there is another site that said they done away with it because it was too much of a hassle (and it was doing the same things)... Thanks for your reply:applause:

Sincerely, Anotherchance2*