Author Thread: It is important to be of the same faith
Admin

It is important to be of the same faith
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 07:36 PM

Dating someone of the same faith is important because the whole idea of dating is to find the one you'll spend the rest of your life with. The whole idea of marriage is to grow with that person. When you get married you want to grow and change with them. To do that, you must be walking in the same direction spiritually.

The Bible does say to not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.

conniep9999

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 02:46 PM

well all my life was partly spent on me and now that i'am a christian i've decided to do it god's way be not unequally yoked with unbelievers so now that where i'am at a man and women both serving god and both in the grace of life more of god's best !!!:applause:

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Sep, 2009 05:32 AM

WHAT??????

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Sep, 2009 07:18 AM

In my life, I look for a man who has the same beliefs as I do. The same religion is a must. You have to know who you are in the Lord and know who He is to you before you can begin anything. Know what you believe and know why. THEN you will know that it is mandatory you 2 have the same beliefs, going the same direction. One day he will be your leader, you will have to trust his decisions. If your "iffy" in the beginning, it will surface when troubles come. I speak from experience. It doesnt work. Do not settle for less. God has so much for each and every one of us, there is work to be done. Lives to be touched. We cannot spend our time trying to convert someone or worse, be converted. Your right, the key is biblical, equally yoked is what the Lord says. Anything else and you would be miserable later on.

Blessings,

Riveroflife

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Sep, 2009 02:57 AM

I think it is less trouble when two people of the same faith get married. Also things such as jobs (same hours) Paul, infect teaches us that we should sit down and do the maths before starting to doing anything. I for one would prefer to marry a lady of the Lutheran faith, but if there someone out here I'm attracted to and vise versa and she's willing to sacrifice/compromise with me, then I’m willing to settle with someone not of Lutheran faith. I believe if one marries a person of the same culture, same financial backround,more or less the same interest, same country, family backround,same city exedra it can just contribute to a less stressful home environment. I've seen people fight over kids from a previous relationship/marriage and so on, that love at the end of the day seems to be myth.

An elderly man told me this about himself; He said when he was young he asked God for a neat woman and he says that was exactly what he got. A women that can clean and looking after the house, but she has no interest in church what so ever. They are now married for about 30 to 40 years and every day he hopes that she will on one Sunday morning woke up and says, "I want to go to church with you!"

This man warned me and said to me, the first thing you need to pray for when asking for a wife is a wife that loves the Lord. The other things must be secondary.

Christy

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Sep, 2009 06:49 PM

I completely agree. The Bible tells us not to marry an unbeliever and I know from experience how difficult marriage can be with someone who claims to be a Christian. Even with having similar backgrounds I was surprised at all the disagreements we had over what was or was not appropriate in our home.

I believe that the only way to have a successful relationship is to have God as the center because when you are focusing on Him you will treat each other right.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Oct, 2009 02:18 PM

In my opinion it's very important because if you don't have the Father and the Son then your soul has a dark tunnel around it that holds it back. I think that you also care only about yourself if your not.

God and Jesus teach us in the Holy Word that we are to care and love one another protect and comfort one another and have respect for each other. If they don't really truly have that than are you going to sit by and just go with the flow or do you want to care about and protect God's people? If you are one way do you want to be arguing with your bf/gf or spouse and trying to see where your coming from. Anyway to me it's one of the most important aspects of life.

jadenlai

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2009 05:28 AM

different beliefs = future marital conflicts

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2009 11:12 PM

Right spot ON! :applause:

Did it the other way and I would rather stay single than be married and still~~single. Patience is a virtue in this wait for sure~~:purpleangel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2009 11:51 PM

Thats why I dont date pentecostals :rocknroll:

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Oct, 2009 10:35 AM

I agree we only should marry believers.Most of the time that is the best choice A few exceptions to every rule.Esther was one. It was gods choice for her to be married to the king.It saved her people.The few exceptions are soooo rare.If you are married to an

unbeliever they have to want to leave the marriage not the christian.

Page : 1 2