Author Thread: Christian Women and Clothing: What is best?
searching4betterhalf

View Profile
History
Christian Women and Clothing: What is best?
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 09:32 AM

For those women that are real Christians...I mean real Christian women (other women might not have the ability to know what God would want), should they be concerned with modest dress to help prevent their Christian brothers and other men from stumbling? Don't get me wrong, Christian men have their responsibility to guard themselves from stumbling...make no mistake about it.

If you want to give your opinion, try first reading this article and comments at http://www.revelife.com/668591017/is-it-a-womans-responsibility-to-keep-men-from-stumbling/#

Also reference the Bible.

I think it might be eye opening for many people. However, what is even more eye opening are the comments. For example, I think the second one entered by Theophilus166@xanga has a better argument than the article. In fact, I think the article misses its mark.

You find most of the comments from women. It was nice to see how so many Christian women take this into account.

For example: think about the bikini versus a one piece swimsuit. I am not talking about one of those skimpy one piece versions that show more than a bikini.

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Sep, 2009 10:43 AM

Personally I don't see how being a self proclaimed Diva is close to godliness. I find modesty and Godliness a turn on.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Sep, 2009 07:02 PM

there are many "christian" women who are not healed internally, therefore it will show on the outside. The way we dress, the need for attention or maybe they just dont think they have anything to offer anyone except what they see. It begins with our childhood and our parents, the way we were treated, that determines how we will view ourselves later in life. I've seen it many times when women get healed and you start to see the transformation little by litte as their self worth grows and they begin to see themselves as God sees them. It's a beautiful thing. So, women dont necessarily do it purposely to make you stumble, 90% of the time there are deeper issues. I hope this helps.

blessings,

Riveroflie

oneway

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Sep, 2009 08:33 PM

As SOON as I got saved the Holy Spirit showed me how to dress...modesty is Godliness...I think that if we are sensitive to Him dressing decently will come naturally.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Oct, 2009 07:42 PM

Yes, a minimalist question. What clothing is best for women? Clothing that doesn't cause men to stray. Whoa! That just put all the responsibility on women?

Boys will be boys doesn't mean that it's okay for boys/men to get stupid over women's clothing. It is a warning for women though. Women aren't only dressing for Christian men but for non-Christian, for men who have problems with their eyes, for men who have problems with their thoughts.

Males are VERY visual. To revealing is to revealing. What is to revealing? ARRRGGHHH More questions!!

Swimsuits - todays thin one pieces can reveal more than a bikini! A busy pattern helps to be less revealing.

Bikini or two piece - string bikinis = overly revealing. 2 piece? I LOVE the comment from one at the above mentioned site where she understood her modest two piece caused her boyfriend problems. "It's just skin" affects males. Call it making us "twitter faced" (yep, Bambi).

Skirts - skin is skin. Short so you can't bend over? Long but slit way up to there? Focuses guys views and thoughts on your legs - and higher?

Blouses - tight = revealing. Open neck line or plunging = revealing. You stand in front of the mirror with your back straight and say it's not to low. Then you go somewhere and bend over. I go to many meetings where you walk up to a low (regular) table to sign in, there's a lady standing or seated to help you, asks your name then bends over right in front of you. Same thing at food tables. I'm surprised at how many women buy expensive, lacy, plunging bras. I almost spoke up the first time I ran into a woman with a 'hand of modesty' - she simply held her hand up to her neckline so it wouldn't gap as she bent over. I've seen a LOT more of the insides of womens bra than I have modest hands! It's a slight move that is very effective.

Bras - ladies please! Foam cups. Don't be proud and say you don't need padding. Foam cups, just enough to prevent you from showing through.

Pants that fit you perfectly = 'second skin' - REVEALING!

Now you're going to say I want all women to wear Victorian dresses! :excited: Yes! No, calm down, maybe that wouldn't be good. A white or beige Victorian dress, long sleeves, high neckline, fits her just right, she turns to walk away and that dress is just molded to her! Slim waist and the curves of her tempting hips - - - oh, sorry. Got carried away in a moment of weakness.

Clothing - TOUGH area for women. They have to be wary of the stupid male animal. And them just being female can bring that out, much less them showing 'something' that brings out the animal - and they have no idea what that something will be while around a lot of men. Tough, tough. Just don't show a lot of skin, intentional or not. YOU figure out what 'a lot' is.

Be safe, not sorry.

Guys - pray, pray, pray, PRACTICE controlling your eyes! Pray, pray, pray and PRACTICE controlling your thoughts. True character is what happens where there is no one around to see what you are doing (internet ???).

God bless,

Lloyd