Author Thread: Is it a sin to be sad or unhappy almost all the time?
Admin

Is it a sin to be sad or unhappy almost all the time?
Posted : 27 Apr, 2021 12:19 PM

Ecclesiastes 3:4 says there is a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance. Ephesians 4:26 also says anger but sin not. Nowadays there's a lot out there that can make us angry and make us sad. It's just a matter of what you do when you go through those emotions. Do you punch a pillow or cry into it? Do you sit and talk about your emotions with God? Do you lash out at others? Do you physically harm yourself or someone else? Do you put yourself down thinking that you're no good or that you're trash? Because you're not trash. God made you good. Sure there's a lot on this earth that can make us cry and make us angry, but not everything on this earth is meant to make us happy. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be happy with anything that you have. It's okay to be happy with that does give us joy, and it's okay to not like something if it angers us or if it saddens us. We're not meant to be happy all the time 24/7. Our lives aren't meant to be perfect. But there is a place made for us, for God's children, where everything will be perfect. And it's a place where all of God's children should strive to be in. I believe that's why there is so much evil going on in this world. It's to make us, God's chosen few want to go and live with Him more and more. Just hold on a little longer. Amen.

Marcouse

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Aug, 2021 03:24 PM

Being unhappy is not a sin, it is in fact the default setting for a human. The point of life is not to be happy but to develop as people spiritually pushing towards heaven. Nowhere in the Bible does it say this will be a happy endeavor, in fact quite the opposite. You and me are battling against the enemy which is the flesh, if you want to see the devil look in the mirror. Almost everything in this world is geared towards keeping you from the truth, yours and my desires hinder us from finding that truth. Do something everyday to move yourself in the right direction, it can be studying the Bible, working out a way to save or earn more, or just going for a run or the gym. If you are consistent for long enough you will be better off.

Being happy is not normal, but can be appreciated when you find yourself in a better place. Life is a grind, if you can accept that and enjoy small achievements that add up you can be happier. Do what you can and at least you can say you did your best at the end. Lack of purpose is the biggest killer of happiness. A man that sweeps a street everyday and does a good job can at least say he did that, and that is something. Don't do things to impress other people, set your own goals and do them for yourself. Don't be fooled, most people are unhappy most of the time. Don't try to escape it, embrace it, accept it and you will eventually ignore it. Most of all never tell a woman you are unhappy, they do not care about our trials and tribulations regardless of what they say.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2021 11:05 AM

More than a sin it may be a mental condition known as Dysthimia... look for professional help.

cessacopla

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2022 02:37 AM

I think it is tantamount to sin ..... because you are giving in to the lies of the enemy. As His word says, "Rejoice (imperative) in the Lord always (highlight) and again (commanding us) I will say rejoice! - Philippians 4:4. He also said, "The Joy (our emotional state regardless of what is happening around us) of the Lord (Our sovereign King of kings and Lord of lords) is our strength - Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent - everywhere, all knowing and powerful God) - Nehemiah 8:10.

We are NOT on this earth to just be happy as many people define happiness in this world (all about material things which are temporal), but we are called to endure because suffering/s, trials, persecutions and all forms of testing will come at one point or another. "In this world you will have many (plural and certainly will come) tribulations (caused by the enemy), but (saying do not fret) take heart (a command again) for I (The GREAT I AM - God the Father, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit) have overcome (conquered) the world (DECLARATIVE STATEMENT).

We pray for us to remain strong in our faith until the end. Let His Kingdom come on earth as it is in Heaven.

God bless everyone!

Aisel930^

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2022 09:52 AM

well.said..

Aisel930^

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 May, 2022 09:58 AM

well.said..