Author Thread: Seem to be the only one who believes?
TaxMan

View Profile
History
Seem to be the only one who believes?
Posted : 17 Sep, 2009 02:24 PM

ALCON,

Ok, I'm not sure that this is the place for this, but I didnt see a "General topic," area so here it will be posted.

I look around at the people I work with and live with. There are a LOT of them. I mean..I work with over 1500 soldiers, sailors and (very few) airmen here. That's NOT counting the additional THOUSANDS who are in this area but not part of my unit.

I see that very, Very, VERY few of them seem to have the least bit of morals. I mean...the simplest things fall by the way side (I KNOW this isnt everyone but it can sure seem like it some days...) like NOT taking something that's lying there that you didnt buy. Or..NOT cheating on a spouse/sig. other back home.

I think the relationships being torn apart by random lust is what gets to me the most. Perhaps it's because it happened to me. Perhaps it's because I know how simple it is to NOT put yourself in this kind of situation. Perhaps it's because I know that, by bumping uglies with someone who's here, not only is someone forming an attachment that is (by design) not permanent but also destroying the life of someone who is half a world a way.

I see the "discreet," relationships rise and crumble. I see the people HERE destroyed by flings. And I think to myself "Even if you are not in the LEAST little bit God fearing..how is this a good idea?? Youre NOT going to the same place as each other after the deployment! PLUS, it's highly un professional. "

It makes me want to grow more arms than the wackiest Indian god and smack everyone in the head. But more so, it makes me sad. I mean seeing a guy, who's wife I met before we came out here, going into a female's room at night just REALLY tears me up.

And seeing these people during the post-deployment reunion is just as hard. The fury, the hurt, the questions I see in people's eyes is just devastating. By the time we have boarded the homeward plane, the info's filtered it's way back home to spouses and friends.

Now that I look back on what I've written, I guess this is more of a rant than a call for support, but I guess I can ask: What should I do? I dont think I can help these people. I dont think they want it. I think I need to focus on making myself feel better despite the people who surround me, but seeing this moral plummet is just so discouraging some times!!

I just dont think I can figure out what these people are thinking.

Ok...ok...I'll stop for now. I've got some reading to do.

-David

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2009 05:31 PM

David,

I am sitting here looking at that blinking cursor thinking of my own experience in the military and combat and wondering what to reply to you. As a warrior you are called to place your life in harms way and perhaps to take the life of another. There are few amongst us that are capable of doing such a thing. The sad truth (and my experience) is that the majority sre young and with no moral compass.

All I can say is that you have two enemies to fight -- the ones that may kill your body and the ones that will kill your soul. My Brother, I will tell you this...your friends may make fun of you and call you names; yet deep down in their hearts they know you are right and that they are weak and you are strong.

If you can endure, remain the Lighthouse -- the Beacon and you may just save some souls.

God Bless and know that you have Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.

Saint Augustine

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2009 03:33 PM

Don't worry..stay strong..sometimes if you lead by example it rubs off on people even though I do know how you feel...it was like that for me at school and at my dad's work..but just keep praying and you'll be fine!

CeceliaRenea

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Dec, 2009 11:21 PM

Take heart, Taxman, we don't have to achieve anything other than what God asks us in our heart to do, just be willing to plant that seed. I have to work around the unsaved in my work most of the time. Your life is the most powerful witness you have. They can see the Lord shining in you. And always keep the line of communication open should there be an opportunity. I am not giving advice, just encouragement. God will give you the advice. Don't be grieved by those people with no morals, pray for them and seek God's guidance in all of it. You wouldn't believe how much your personal life that they can see every day is a witness to them. I now know of people I planted a small seed with years ago who I never thought would repent, and now they are steadfast church members deep in the word. Don't get down in it, get up in the Lord!!!

Praise God for you brother, keep the faith!!!:glow:

Page : 1 2