Author Thread: god humbles us!
Admin

god humbles us!
Posted : 17 Sep, 2009 05:56 PM

There are many things wich make it necessary for us to live constantly under the cross.We are so feeble by nature and so quick to think we are perfect that we need visible demonstration of our weakness.Otherwise we think we are much better than we are,and sure that we can triumph over all difficulties.So we indulge in stupid confidence in the flesh.This even makes us proud before the lord,as if we could cope without his grace.He stomps on this pride when he proves to us by expereince how great our weakness is.So he allows us to meet with disgrace,poverty,bereavement,disease or some other affliction,then,feeling overwhelmed,,we admit defeat and humbly call on him for strength,wich alone enables us to cope Even the holiest of men would feel to secure in their own strength,if they were not made to know themselves by the trial of the cross.david realized this when he said"When i felt secure,I said"I shall never be shaken"O lord when you favored me,you made my mountain stand firm;But when you hid your face,I was dismayed"(Ps.30;6-7)When things go well,we flatter ourselves that we are very steady and patient .But when we are humbled by hardship we realise our total dependance on god.Only then do we make real progress in humility,abandon all confidence in ourselves,When we do this,we see the reality of gods grace wich is more than anything we need!

In Christ

Steven