Author Thread: Ministers. Women ministering on a dating site?
Admin

Ministers. Women ministering on a dating site?
Posted : 20 Sep, 2009 09:43 AM

I kind of have mixed feelings about that, but for the most part they are not good ones at all. I think it's mostly a lot of nonsense. A lot of the time that also has something to do with being a codependent people fixer(lol).

Of course, in all cases, if a sister sees that a brother is stuck and she can help him - with "a word or two" she should always do that. But if she thinks she is going to do a lot of ministering to him I think she is fooling herself and neither are likely to benefit - and if anything that is dangerous from a number of standpoints.

First of all I think a woman is delusional if she thinks she is capable of being a pastor to a man - or thinks a man is going to sit under her as a spiritual advisor. I do not even think that is even possible for the most part.

Nothing against women Pastors, ie: Joyce Meyers whom I like. But I think theres also very good reason why, if you look at her ministry, it ministers to women more than men. Things are out of order if a man is submitted to a woman as a spiritual advisor.

The truth is probably about 99% who are here (not scammers, liars, sex addicts or unsaved) are here to find a mate. That is the proper use of this site - NOT trying to be an on line minister , although almost all of us do some ministry here. I once met a woman who told me that was why she was here - to minister. I think she was rather deceived. Just my opinion, but she certainly had REALLY HUGE mental and emotional issues - although she was also gifted.

Many people speak as though they their purpose here is to be in ministry here as much as it is to find a mate. I think that is just plain silly.

I recently received

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 08:14 PM

It is hard for me to tell from your message if you are angry or just expressing your opinion. It sounds to me that you resent women attempting to minister to you in some way when you are involved in chat or connecting with people on this site. If you don't mind, I'd like to share mine with you.

I am in agreement with you regarding women in the ministry. My reasons may be slightly different then yours though. See, I think that there are a lot of men who will sit under a woman as a teacher, evangelist, mentor and so on. If you look at the movers and shakers in the Jehovah's Witness, you will find that it is a female dominated cult with women as the leading instruments bringing this religion into their homes and to their friends. It was a woman who founded the Christian Science and I believe that you will find strong women behind a lot of false religions and cults. Wicca is predominantly a female religion right down to their concept of Herstory rather then history and the concept of the 'goddess'.

I believe that Adam listened to the voice of his wife. The bible does not indicate that he made any attempt to correct Eve or take over the situation by exerting his 'head of household' authority. Scripture states that Eve was deceived but Adam sinned. God gifted women with a great ability to communicate. This ability can be used for the good or for the bad. Good communicators can often sway the opinions of others... especially those for whom communication is not a skill or those who may be gullible or lacking in real knowledge. Thus, it is important that a Christian woman 'ALWAYS' speak only the truth of God's word without expounding upon it by adding her own opinion.

What I have expressed here combined with several other Biblical statements and/or warnings provide me with an unwillingness to attend any church where women have been ordained for the ministry. I am a woman and will listen to other Christian women... but not if they have crossed the line to take a position in the church that the Apostle Paul clearly stated they are not to inhabit. While I believe that we should minister to all people, including men in terms of providing love, care, empathy, and the witness of Christ, I also believe that when a woman is teaching men it should be done only under the authority of her husband, father, brother and he should always be with her.

I guess my question for you is to ask you to clarify what type of ministry you are referring to as the word can mean different things. Vicki

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 08:50 PM

I just resent women operating under the fauced that they are here for the purpose of being in ministry - or that they are in any position to minister to men. It's just twisted.

Again, I do not have a problem with women pastors like Joyce Meyers for example - as long as their ministry is focused on ministering to women which they usually are. Not too many men are going to sit under them anyway. As long as its to women I do not have a problem with it - although its better if there is a capable male pastor. Joyce meets a need.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 01:02 AM

yes..i agree that 99% here are into date or find a mate but as we stay longer here we also grow spiritually coz not intentioanlly we met here fellow christian that contributes additioanlly knowledge about faith. And in return we also become inspired in ministering other people. I think God leads us here not only to explore/find mate but also share faith and do ministry with others.

Our main purpose is to take chances to find mate but maybe it's Gods purposes that we need to do ministry with others.

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 04:02 PM

I agree and disagree with you. As is our discerning right. I came to this site seeking a marriage partner and still am. As time has gone on I have been moved by the Holy Spirit to post informations within my own profile. It is not to Minister but to inform.

I personaly do not seek to Minister..meaning become a Pastor because it is the Mans purpose to do this. The women is his helper.

As a Women in Christ I have many Brothers that look to me for quideance and understanding of GODS word. We sit and read form scripture. We are fellowshiping and later discuss these questions and findings with our Pastor. These are helpful words as you have said in your post and I agree with that.

Have nothing against Female Ministers either, Joyce Meyers is straight from the hip and she does mostly minister to women. I like her and many other women Ministers.

Off the subject but pertenant...Have read many profiles from men seeking Proverbs Women 30:10-22. Most men are looking for a Women of Submission and not of Strengh. They want her to be seen and not heard....I truely believe a true Proverbs Women has read, studied, understands and applys the word of GOD and is true to her convictions in the LORD, making no apologies for GOD or her shortcomings.

If I was to tell you I heard the voice of GOD, would you call that a Delusional Women ? I hope not because we are called for a purpose. And the purpose belongs to GOD.

May God continue to Bless You and Yours today and always.............

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 05:34 PM

Gods Jude

Actually I agree with 100% of what you said here. Not sure what the misunderstanding is.

But as far as being delusional - I meant I think a woman is "probably" delusional if she thinks she is called by God to be a minister to men on this site - or any other site.

God also does gift women as well as men with supernatural gifts of course. And if you tell me you heard from God I will listen - and I may believe what you tell me if it does not violate the word of God. If it violates Gods word forget it, although I might also use some other criteria to determine if what you say is true - including my inner witness.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2009 08:10 AM

Ah, that clarifies it for me. This is a dating site. I do see that there are areas on this site that could be used to minister to the needs of others. However, I joined in order to meet other Christian people and to hopefully find interesting Christian men that are my age and are looking for a relationship.

I saw a profile post by one gentleman that indicates that he is on this site to bless others because then he will be blessed??????? Well, again... this is a dating site so why is he here? Also, I don't look to bless people in order that I will be blessed. I hope that I always look to bless people in some way because the Spirit of God leads me to that... if it blesses me in the end GREAT!:yay:

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2009 09:38 AM

Personally I think its nonsense if people say that they are here - or in some cases actually are here - for any reason other than to find a mate.

HERE "JUST" TO FIND A FRIEND OR FRIENDS (OR ANY OTHER REASON)? Almost always that is BULL and if you read everything written in their profiles - its "usually" obvious that they are really looking for a mate.

But "usually" what it amounts to is they are scared. I can not say it enough - if one is operating in fear that is not faith & "anything which is not of faith is sin". In worldly terms they are flakey. In my opinion that also usually describes women or men wanting A LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP. They need to get over their past and stop resurrecting it!

Kind of another subject, ZERO (NO

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2009 12:40 PM

Oh My !!! Now thats just plain Silly to quote a previous quote of someone earlier...I read a profile with no picture and all it said was.." Things arent always what they seem" and "My only goal is to help others to find there Soul Mates" I sent an E-mail asking if this is true please help me. I got no responce...just a little humor...:rolleyes:

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2009 12:43 PM

Finishing last post

LONG TERM RELATIONSHIPS,

Anything which is not of faith is sin so indecision is sin. But this would not describe you as you seem to have made a decision. But there are �no� (NONE, ZERO) examples of long term engagements in the word of God - which makes sense in light of this principle. All of God�s men spent no time in the decision making process for a wife. I think it was Isaac, if I remember correctly, who worked for 14 years to get his bride, but he kissed her moments after meeting. The kiss was so sweet it made him cry the word tells us. Guaranteed he would have married her that day if it were possible � no more thought involved (lol) but he was also guided and blessed by God of course.

Of course a lot of people can not accept what is said above because they do not have the faith for it and/or have personal issues that need to be dealt with.

These people who say that they are in relationships - but are here to stay in touch with friends - they SHOULD SAY SO VERY PLAINLY AND CLEARLY IN BOLD PRINT ON THEIR PROFILES - OR IF ITS REALLY TRUE - GET THOSE PEOPLES INFO AND DELETE THEIR PROFILES.:dunce:

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2009 02:19 PM

the above mentioned was Jacob

Page : 1 2