Author Thread: The Winky Thingy...
Admin

The Winky Thingy...
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 01:03 PM

guys or gals... have you been getting some of these or sending them? how do you respond or what do you take them to mean or what is it you're saying to a person in sending one? for such a little thing there is a ton of things this 'lil yella fella could mean...

my first more positive hopeful impression would be something like...

"hey tall dark and handsome! you've got the green light to write me back any time! and pack a lunch, i'd like to get to know ya!"

or it could mean something like...

"hey all my fingers are broke, my butt's stuck to this seat, my big toe hurts, but i managed to nudge the mouse and click on this wink button with my nose to let you know that...uh...i forget what i meant but please don't respond because of the above reasons." lol

thought it might be fun to put some meaning to this feature called "the Wink" what's yours???:goofball:

ps. i normally try to type a response to winks but admittedly forget or don't with some of them, to those i missed sorry...Jim

View Profile
History
The Winky Thingy...
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 07:01 PM

if i wink its because of my playful side and I must be saying...Wow, you're "cute" or your profile is cool but for some reason..i am not going to send you a message.

If i get a wink... i always smile. Offended? no of course not.

It only mean that we are all created differently and we do things differently for various reason.

View Profile
History
The Winky Thingy...
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 09:33 PM

if i wink it is to suggest there was something in the profile that i found interesting or attractive. I don't consider it "lazy" but rather less intrusive, along with being less forward. Then once my profile is reviewed, the man can email a message back. If not, then i haven't put too much of myself out there.

i will admit i don't understand the constant looking at my profile with NO wink or message. Am i being looked at for a photo and rejected, like three days in a row; rejected by the same guy many times. Fortunately, this isn't a serious process for me. It usually gives me a laugh on a monthly basis when i'm notified of a cdff member being banned.

View Profile
History
The Winky Thingy...
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 09:45 PM

Hi there Jim,

I don't mind getting winks and think that maybe it is a way for the other person to see if you respond? If not then well, it was nice to be winked at~~~ :purpleangel:

I don't send winks cause I'm not a winker~~Always thought winking was for guys to do first and I rarely talk to a guy first~~wait for him to initiate that but to each their own, right? :waving: joey

John_O

View Profile
History
The Winky Thingy...
Posted : 25 Sep, 2009 03:40 PM

I have no problem receiving them. But As for sending them, I have, but theres something about doing it that bothers me. So I don't send winks anymore.

View Profile
History
The Winky Thingy...
Posted : 5 Oct, 2009 09:12 AM

I know for me I send the wink if I am interested in someones profile. Just if something in it caught my eye

View Profile
History
The Winky Thingy...
Posted : 18 Oct, 2009 01:41 AM

There are so many reasons, everyone's different & you never know what the other person is thinking unless you ask, but normally it's because they're interested in you.

If I get a wink, usaullay and not always I'll e-mail back with a comment because I don't like to ignore people.

When I send a wink, it's because I'm being playfulll, it doesn't mean "I've found the love of my life, lol" , it just means I'm curious to know what he's doing and if he's interested. If I don't get a reply back, oh well I was atleast honest enough to show interest, afterall this is a dating site & rejecting is part of the whole process.

Also sometimes I send winks to my friends here online just to let them know I've logged on...so it all depends.

I would suggest if you get a wink & you're interested just

e-mail back with a comment and please if you're not interested do not wink back, just send an e-mail saying appreciate the ;)

If you don't like winks you should mention it in your profile.