Author Thread: I'
Admin

I'
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 07:47 PM

I have learned that I cannot allow my emotions to dictate my decisions. Often times, something can feel so right yet be so wrong. I am not saying that feelings shouldn't play a role..but they need to take a back seat to what God might be trying to say or reveal to you about the person you are seeing.

EXAMPLE: A few weeks back I, myself was involved In a situation were I needed to make a choice (another person was Involved) My emotions were going crazy and everything In me was telling me to take the road less traveled...you see, I'm not a risk taker by any means (cause I normally get burnt) but i thought that this person would have been well worth it.(still do) now, had I taken the road less traveled, i would have been far away from my family and friends, everything and everyone I've ever known...but I didn't care I was ready to just jump and do it because it felt right. I was allowing my feelings to cloud my judgment and to almost cause me to make a snap decision.

Well...My dad can always tell when I have something on my mind so he looked at me and said, "You know Tabetha, you have to pray about something more then you're thinking about it, because if your thinking about it, more then you're praying about it, then you're gonna start getting more of your own thoughts and Idea's on It, and not God's." It made a lot of sense to me, so i decided to do just that. well, after praying about It for awhile I still didn't feel lead In one direction or another so i chose to stay patient and just wait on God to reveal to me what I should do, and I said, "God, If this Isn't the person you want me with then i want him completely out of my life just withdraw him from me, If need be."

well..low and behold within a matter of days he started to withdraw himself from me. At first I was very upset because I wanted to remain friends with this person(and I thought we still were) I think that he Is a wonderful man.. but God, did what I asked him to do which was to take him completely out of my life if he wasn't the one and I have learned to stop fighting with God to get my own way, because In the end he knows who is gonna be best suited for me as he knows who Is gonna be best suited for that man that he took from my life.

Forgive me, If none of my post make much sense I wasn't gifted In this area! lol

FYI: Ignore my spelling & Grammer...I know it's bad! lol

View Profile
History
I'
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 11:21 PM

BornForYou:

No, It's never easy to break It off with somebody that you love...It's hard enough just being In love at times. lol

God, doesn't always answer our prayers the way that we would want him to..after all, I didn't think that I would ever even speak to the man that I mentioned In my post again...because of my prayer, but boy, was I wrong about that! lol I'm glad to have his friendship though and I'm not sitting back stressing out thinking that It's some kind of sign or something or hoping for anything more..I'm just chillin! lol ..I'm not gonna try to figure God out...he has his own way of doing things!!! lol

Page : 1 2