Author Thread: I'
Admin

I'
Posted : 21 Sep, 2009 07:47 PM

I have learned that I cannot allow my emotions to dictate my decisions. Often times, something can feel so right yet be so wrong. I am not saying that feelings shouldn't play a role..but they need to take a back seat to what God might be trying to say or reveal to you about the person you are seeing.

EXAMPLE: A few weeks back I, myself was involved In a situation were I needed to make a choice (another person was Involved) My emotions were going crazy and everything In me was telling me to take the road less traveled...you see, I'm not a risk taker by any means (cause I normally get burnt) but i thought that this person would have been well worth it.(still do) now, had I taken the road less traveled, i would have been far away from my family and friends, everything and everyone I've ever known...but I didn't care I was ready to just jump and do it because it felt right. I was allowing my feelings to cloud my judgment and to almost cause me to make a snap decision.

Well...My dad can always tell when I have something on my mind so he looked at me and said, "You know Tabetha, you have to pray about something more then you're thinking about it, because if your thinking about it, more then you're praying about it, then you're gonna start getting more of your own thoughts and Idea's on It, and not God's." It made a lot of sense to me, so i decided to do just that. well, after praying about It for awhile I still didn't feel lead In one direction or another so i chose to stay patient and just wait on God to reveal to me what I should do, and I said, "God, If this Isn't the person you want me with then i want him completely out of my life just withdraw him from me, If need be."

well..low and behold within a matter of days he started to withdraw himself from me. At first I was very upset because I wanted to remain friends with this person(and I thought we still were) I think that he Is a wonderful man.. but God, did what I asked him to do which was to take him completely out of my life if he wasn't the one and I have learned to stop fighting with God to get my own way, because In the end he knows who is gonna be best suited for me as he knows who Is gonna be best suited for that man that he took from my life.

Forgive me, If none of my post make much sense I wasn't gifted In this area! lol

FYI: Ignore my spelling & Grammer...I know it's bad! lol

View Profile
History
I'
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 10:38 PM

Wow.. I'm in the same situation now. It's a situation where i need to choose between the guy i'm falling inlove with or with my principle/belief. I know that this guy is a good man but the problem is we are not in the same belief. He said that it is important on him a premarital sex in order for him to know if we are sexually compatible. I understand him because he had already a failure marriage but sex before marriage would be a big deal on me and that would be the greatest sin that i will ever do. I'm falling inlove with this guy and I'm afraid to lost him. He plan to see me personally this coming December. So i think i need to let God work on this before that time comes. Me personally is weak so I think like u did i need to ask God that if this guy is not the one for me God will help me withdraw him in my life before i get hurt much.

I am so thankful that i able to read your post here and it helps open my eyes..coz sometimes it's really true that love is blind.:hearts:

Rowela

View Profile
History
I'
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 11:04 PM

I don't care what a guy tells you, sex before marriage will taint or ruin the relationship.

It is never a good thing in any circumstance.

If he does visit, be sure you are never in a vulnerable position with him, or you might suffer date rape after a long seduction. Being an ex-child abuse investigator, I know how predators work. And he has already told you he is expecting sex.

Straighten him out hard. And then you will see his true colors...

View Profile
History
I'
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 11:10 PM

and Tabitha, your story made great sense. It was a great reminder on the dangers of letting your emotions get the better of you. Hey we are all in a vulnerable position since we are healthy enough to be seeking.

Your father's words are just priceless wisdom. May we all put them into practice.

Seeing your answered prayer and maturity to accept God's will gracefully, shows the depth of your love relationship with the Father. You have much to offer !

View Profile
History
I'
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 08:39 AM

BornForYou. Please, dont have sex with this man..Take It from me. I have made that mistake In my past. I really cared for him and thought by doing so, It would some how prove the sincerity of my feelings for him. (I was a lil nieve and maybe a bit insecure with myself at the time) Only to go home later that evening, feeling very much discusted and ashamed of myself, and even a lil hurt that he would even try to cross those lines with me considering he was suppose to be a man of God.

This man you are talking about..If he had any respect for you at all, then he wouldn't even ask you to do something that Is against your beliefs...If he cares for you then he would wait Intill marriage to make love to you....sex Is sacred.....It Is only meant to be shared between a husband and his wife, It's not some kind of sexual compatibilty test.

DON'T SETTLE FOR LESS, WHEN YOU CAN HAVE GOD'S BEST!!!!!!!!!!

(I had to re-type this three times already..this computer does what it wants when It wants! lol the first one I wrote was waaay better! IMAGINE THAT! lol)

View Profile
History
I'
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 08:45 AM

On a much better note. ..I am blessed to say that I still have a friendship with the man I had mentioned In my post..It was all just a big mis-understanding on my part. :yay:

tristan07

View Profile
History
I'
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 02:14 PM

mmmhmmm... yeeesh

View Profile
History
I'
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 02:46 PM

lol..Alex, whats that suppose to mean?

View Profile
History
I'
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 05:01 PM

What? I totally missed the point of the second post. So you think you did right?

View Profile
History
I'
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 05:25 PM

Um, dude...I'm a lil lost myself right now..lol..my second post was Intended for "bornforyou" It has nothing to do with gentleman I was speaking of In my post. No, I do not think that I did right by having pre-marital sex..It was after that little ordeal that I decided that I was gonna save myself for marriage ...It actually took that event to make me realize that the worlds way of doing things werent the right way to do them...and that I needed to fully commit myself to God.

I'm not sure that you were pertaining to that reply though....I'm assuming you are wondering If I think I am doin the right thing by keeping my friendship with that guy I had mentioned. Yes, I do... It's not like we were deeply Involved or anything to that nature..there were alot of other factors also...we never really even went past the friendship..we have never even mett In real life! lol Long story short, He Is a really good guy and has been through alot...I enjoy speaking with him..he Isnt some non-saved low life that was out to play games with me or anything. we get along great and he has alot of different girls that he speak with has friends. make sense? lol

View Profile
History
I'
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 10:03 PM

Thank you Dsterna for reminding some cautions that i need to remember before seeing this guy.

Thank you also Tabetha for sharing your story and for some tips/advice.

Thank you coz u remind me that if we can't decide what best for us leave everything on God.

It's not easy to dump a person that u learned to love and like U I'm still hoping also that he is the one that God prepared for me. What important for now is I been more closer to God, continue asking His guidance and I know that He understands me why i'm still trying to take my chance. And I still believe that I'll be safe as long as I leave my trust on God.

What I am praying now is that...God pls. don't allow this guy meet me personally if he's not the one that YOU prepared for me.

I do believe that In God, nothing is impossible..

Page : 1 2