Author Thread: When a man is totally devoted to Jesus does it make a woman uncomfortable?
Admin

When a man is totally devoted to Jesus does it make a woman uncomfortable?
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 11:52 PM

I have noticed this pattern. I am so deeply in love with Jesus, Father and the Holy Spirit I have a hard time expressing it. It is hard for me to talk about anything without returning to Jesus as He has taught me much over the years as I have shared and leaned on Him. So nary a conversation can pass where I do not break into sharing and praising God.

This makes women at least uncomfortable, at most resentful. At this point in my life I do not really see how a deep walk with Christ and a deep love with a woman is even possible?

Search4Christian

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 09:42 AM

I think it's awesome your in deep love with Jesus. If anything, it makes me MORE COMFORTABLE! I am sure many woman would be intimidated, HOWEVER, if they are, then they are not true Christian's.

I am the same way, everything I do and breathe is JESUS CHRIST.

The bible does say it is hard to love both Him and a woman, because you tend to stray off and try to keep a woman happy. But, if you cannot reframe, then it is good to marry.

I believe God has a mate, and a helper for us all. I believe He did not intend for us not to experience what intimacy can bring between two Christians. But, that is the key, it MUST be two totally devoted Christians.

A preacher in Grapevine, Texas from Fellowship Church says married couples MUST be intimate with each other and bring God to their intimacy.

Sounds like a heaping of love to me.

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Sep, 2009 06:03 PM

Greetings Mr.LostinJesus... Me personally, would be honored about having a man that loves the Lord and lives in the word (an not of the world). For if he knows who he is in God, "I'd have a chance of him knowing how to respect and treat me"... I don't want to be unequally yoked with a man that doesn't love the Lord, because he'd have no true since of direction, stability, fellowship or leadership... The man is the head and not the tail (which leads by example), and who is stedfast and unremovable with God... So your love for God is EXCELLENT in my book & opinion....:applause:

AnotherChance2

TaxMan

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Sep, 2009 09:26 AM

Lost,

It would seem to me that it depends on which "side of the tracks," she is on.

On the world side: This could be seen as any other hobby (except that many people see religion as less than healthy). Anyone too into ANYTHING can turn a girl off at first. Be it sports, cars, working out, money, hiking, etc, etc.

If someone eats, sleeps and breathes something, it's typically a turn off unless SOMEHOW you happen to find someone JUST as passionate as you are. "Ohh! You spent the last 3 days pressing doilies? I cant tell you how many times I've done that. Just last week, I started a project and next thing I knew, work was calling saying that they were sending my last pay cheque! I hate when that happens. Fortunately, it's only happend 3 times this month. So, what color did you use last time?? Blah, blah, blah..."

If she's on the God fearing side, you will probably have this in common.

It's a weeding out process and, some times, the other person does the work for you.

Stay strong.

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Oct, 2009 10:36 AM

I agree with everyone. I don't think you should stop speaking about your Lord and Savior to please a woman, that's comprimising your faith and I would never recommend it to anyone.

However as a woman sometimes I'd like to chat, laugh and have fun and just get to know the person, in no way does it mean I am not a believer or interested iin a Godly man or even esent involving the Lord into the conversation.

I guess moderation is the key, or else how would you really get to know someone, their hobbies, plans for their futur and so forth if you don't talk about it?

So to sum it up...you can discuss the Lord in your conversations but also show interest in heras well.

God Bless