Author Thread: Why aren't Women more forward?
reefraider15

View Profile
History
Why aren't Women more forward?
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 06:41 AM

I have been on this site for a couple of months now and have meet some very nice women.

My question is I have to be the one who always makes the first move (Contact). Why aren't Women more forward?

Is it my looks? or just shyness? or the fact that we are Christians and the man should make the first move?

I think it would be awsome to know a womans feelings up front or the fact that she is interested.

God Bless

Ron

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Oct, 2009 11:13 PM

Ron: Justjoey quoted you scripture and I will also. She mentioned the one that says "He that findeth a wife..." Number one, this implies to me that she is already married to God, so she is already a wife, and this should be your focus. Abraham sent his oldest servant Eleizer to his fathers country to find a wife for Isaac, this also shows me that God put it on the mans heart, and last but not least, the very first male/female in the bible......God said it is not good for man to be alone, so I will make him a help meet for him. Gensis 2:18. Gods idea.....Maybe, and this is a thought here, Adam did not even know he was in need, but God did. God said he would supply all our needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. When the woman was formed from the rib of Adam, she had need of nothing, she did not even need a husband for the Lord had provided her one. But Adam was alone, and God knew Adam needed even if Adam didnt know he needed. God blessed Adam and rewarded him because He loved him and saw a need in his child and fulfilled it. I hope I have not rambled, I have tried to encourage you to trust that God knows your need, He loves you, and He has formed someone just for you. He will present her to you when He sees your need for her maybe, or maybe just because He loves you.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Oct, 2009 08:40 PM

Yes, it was noted - old fashioned together with the modern, women NOT making the first move even when it's on the internet!

I see absolutely nothing wrong with women making the first contact! How harmless, a wink?! A woman can judge from his first response or two whether she wants to continue. Turning a man down? Please! You women have lots of experience there! :ROFL:

To have a woman contact me first is very humbling. I find it to be quite a honor.

Be careful. Be patient.

God bless,

Lloyd

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Oct, 2009 07:46 PM

I don't think it's your profle, or your looks. Women in general like to be chased, and to be honest I don't like that .....it's like playing games.

So If you see someone you like, just approch her, I would suggest sending a simple e-mail, don't go overboard, tell her all about yourself, etc. really if she finds you to be attractive, and likes your profile (yes women are also visual, not only men) she'll respond to a simple e-mail that says Hi, hope you've had a blessed day.

Hang in there.

God Bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Apr, 2010 12:03 PM

One of our Asian values, we always wait for the man to do the first move like me for example i prefer men to show interest first .

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 May, 2010 08:15 PM

Hi Ron!

Thanks for the wink. In Asia, we always wait for the man to show interest and I find it more attractive- very gentleman... GEM

Amyo

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2010 06:05 AM

I think sometimes woman do make the first move. Sometimes we even have to hit you men over the head with a frying pan to get your attention. NOT REALLY.

Generally its just always been the man who chases the woman. Woman were always the ones waiting on the sidelines to be asked by a man to dance... It wasn't ok till a Sadie Hawkins dance where the woman where the askers.

I want to be chased, not to be the chaser myself. However, it may take an act on my part to get someones attention. Maybe the way a woman dresses or perfume..who knows could be cooking too!

Okay that was long! Good luck and thanks for the compliments.

Amy

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Dec, 2010 04:44 PM

Personally, if a women persues a man in the beginning of a relationship... it then set a precident for the relationship.

Men are the hunter/gatherers and should persue a women... old fashioned and traditional; maybe. Men are the one to ask for a womens hand in marriage.

Most women don't want to make couch potatoes out of their men!

Jennifer

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Sep, 2011 09:48 PM

Good ?... We get a bad rap if we are, I think...

If we pursue then you think we are easy and you lose interest, also cause you think we are desperate...

WhtGngrFlower

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Jun, 2013 10:52 PM

I don't know about others, but. for myself it has to do with the way I was raised. I could still hear my gran's voice saying "A lady. doesn't call a man"

Page : 1 2