Author Thread: Why aren't Women more forward?
reefraider15

View Profile
History
Why aren't Women more forward?
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 06:41 AM

I have been on this site for a couple of months now and have meet some very nice women.

My question is I have to be the one who always makes the first move (Contact). Why aren't Women more forward?

Is it my looks? or just shyness? or the fact that we are Christians and the man should make the first move?

I think it would be awsome to know a womans feelings up front or the fact that she is interested.

God Bless

Ron

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 08:10 AM

shy perhaps... prefer to be pursued than to pursue... But my thoughts is... i decided to join this dating site... a place where to find friends, sweethearts and ultimately a husband or a wife... so I was thinking if I want to land me a fish, i must go fishing .. shy? oh, these guys will not eat me... they won't kill me .. so why worry?

But bro. each one is different. Perhaps like me they got tired pursuing and all they get are rejections or dead end conversation.

Just continue to fish brother and yes , package yourself nicely..

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 08:24 AM

Hey Ron, women aren't the same. Some like a guy to approach them, other take initiative. Could be shyness, could be fear of rejection too, not all the ladies can handle the second one easily..lol !

I don't think as christians that a man should make the first move. It doesn't make me less christian if I start , so if I'm interested I email a guy , or may be wink him. No big deal if he doesn't like me :peace:

Be blessed,

Phoebe.

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 09:15 AM

This is just my personal opinion:

Some of us gals were raised to think that a guy should make the first move. It's a hold-over from a past era, but it's still ingrained in us.

For those of us who were not necessarily raised to think that a guy should make the first move, I think it may be shyness or the desire to be pursued rather than having to do the pursuing.

If you have never done so, you should read the book "Captivating." It might give you some insight into a woman's heart and mind, and might help you see why some women are not more forward.

Good question, though. And like I said, it's just my opinion.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 09:46 AM

Hi Ron,

I kind of go by the scripture that says :He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing"~~ not that it is set in stone because I have rarely sent an email first but not in a forward way. I might like the profile or their stance on Christian morals and commend them for it but I personally am old fashioned and think men should prayerfully make the first move and if she is not interested, pray some more, she might be missing it and need a nudge~~not a push though~~:laugh: ~~ joey

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Sep, 2009 07:01 PM

dear reef , welcome to the forums..

ole cattle

Inkabink

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Sep, 2009 01:41 PM

The idea that the man should do the pursuing is not only old-fashioned, but Biblically-based common sense, in my opinion.

If I see a guy that knocks me off my feet, I'll send a wink or even a short "hello". But I don't chase anyone.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Sep, 2009 04:20 PM

we women have different levels of hormones then men for one thing, aggression is from the testosterone in the system.. when women get past child bearing then will become more aggressive because the testosterone is taking over , this is to protect the women as she ages she must be more aggressive. this is menopause. As you know men do not care for women when they are in menopause put it is just a stop over they level off again lol

now as far as the "is it me" I'd say you could change your dress, it is not becoming..put on a black shirt and pants

also i see your divorced how did that come about? depending on the reason for your divorce will determine what i would recommend

you can answer me personally if you allow up to age 55 lol bye

TaxMan

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 09:56 AM

I'm not certain it's Biblically based. Old fashioned, for sure, though.

Although, I'm not certain of the validity of being on a dating site and adhering to the old fashioned virtues.

I happen to be somewhat of an old fashioned guy, but this IS the Internet. It's OK to show you like something. There's not much in the way of body language to read.

If, as a previous poster says, a lady sends a wink or a quick "Hello," it's plenty for me!

Only being here for pen-palls, though, I think changes things a bit.

-David

mariangela

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 01:05 PM

Cause when we are forward we get called all sorts of names, by you guys thats why....

TaxMan

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Sep, 2009 09:04 PM

"Cause when we are forward we get called all sorts of names, by you guys thats why...."

And another sweeping generalization about ever man on Earth.

A swing and a miss.

Hate men much?

Page : 1 2