Author Thread: Respectable
Admin

Respectable
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 12:30 AM

What are some examples of qualities you admire and respect in a guy? Try not to let your idealism go to far please. I think we'd all like some direction on how we can be better men, so simple and specifics would be appreciated. Thank you.

View Profile
History
Respectable
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 11:33 AM

Well you asked so~~ : ) Here's a lot of my profile~~:laugh:

First thing I like is a guy that loves Jesus and does not have to talk "Christianese" to show it~~His actions speak louder~~humility~honesty~leaves his lust and anger issues at the Cross~~teachable~laughable~passionate but respectful~~ understands that women are made different by God for a reason~compassionate but strong~loves kids~~dancer~~ can cry but not a whiner~owns his own baggage without blaming others~and loves life enough to try new adventures.

A guy that is good looking( in my eyes) and is optimistic without being "plastic" and not trying to be something he is not.

I like to see how a guy is under pressure to find out how "crucified" he really is in Christ because everyone can put on a good front in the beginning~~So take him on a highway with busy traffic, lol~~around you grandchildren, if you have any~~how is his relationship with mom and dad or how was it?~I am a firm believer in the fact "I's not what happens to you in life as much as how you respond to what happens or happened"~~So this also applies to me for him and I understand we are not perfect but we should be honest which will grow is up in HIM~~~Peace~~

mariangela

View Profile
History
Respectable
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 01:16 PM

Thank you for your question. First of all I think a man should be honest, truthful and sincere. He must want to work at his relationship with a woman. I think men are visual creatures by nature and thats okay, we as woman, and I speak for myself reckon the attributes that I have mentioned above are far more important. Women need to feel loved and cherished, and need to feel trust. If a christian woman, and again I say that in my opinion feels these things, it will be rarely that she will not love you in return/

Inkabink

View Profile
History
Respectable
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 01:19 PM

Independence - emotional, financial, spiritual.

Integrity - doing the right thing even when no one is looking.

Honesty - complete, total, end of story.

Kindness - respectful and compassionate to everyone, whether it's "deserved" or not.

Depth - understanding what really matters, not being distracted by the temporal, the shallow, the outer layers.

View Profile
History
Respectable
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 06:58 PM

All of the above, plus INDUSTRY.

I love having doors opened and chairs pulled out, but that's pretty lame if we are close and you conveniently disappear when there's furniture moving to be done.

Heavy lifting? Hooray! I'm more than capable and willing to do it myself, possibly a bit sadder but wiser.

View Profile
History
Respectable
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 07:19 PM

I love that term: Christianese. lol. So far all of these answers are great. Can't wait to see what else is brought up.

View Profile
History
Respectable
Posted : 16 Oct, 2009 12:11 AM

Based on his words and actions to show me that he's saved, and not just attend Church. His behavior and so forth shouldn't contradict with God's Word. Discernment and the willingness to protect and provide for his family.