Author Thread: Needs Advice
Admin

Needs Advice
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 07:40 AM

Hello eveyone. To make a long story short : when I was growning up I was always picked on. Guys would pretend to like me and sometimes Id hear them with their friends. It was like that all through high-school. Im afraid that due to that I wont be able to open up to a guy. I dont want to be alone forever. I want to find that special guy that makes me smile and makes me happy. Does anyone have any tips for me so I can be more open to a guy when he talkes to me. I know god will provide :glow:

View Profile
History
Needs Advice
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 10:11 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. People can be so cruel at times. Words are very powerful and they hurt.

Insecurity, Inferiority, low self esteem. etc...are all rooted In fear. I have a point here so bare with me. God Is love. right? and perfect love cast out fear....1 John 4;18 says, " There is NO FEAR in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love."

Except God's love for you..tell yourself 100 times a day that God loves you and Is pleased with you....It's one thing to say yeah, I know god loves me, but It's another thing to actually know it and believe it....just receive It girl!

As far as the men go. It's good to be open and up front about things but allowing yourself to remain a bit gaurded for a bit Isn't such a bad Idea either...

You need to build some confidence In yourself before allowing yourself to pursue or be pursued...alot of times when somebody Is Insecure with themselves they tend to be easily manipulated or tooken advantage of by others

I would recommend Terri Savelle Foys CD series. " Broken, Mended and made whole"..It made a huge impact on my life..you can find her at http://www.terri.com/....

God Bless!

Tabetha

View Profile
History
Needs Advice
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 12:45 PM

dear tk, youve made the first step in healing already. you are speaking about what happened to you.. the next step is a little harder.. but you must forgive them in your heart.. and youll need the good LORDS help there i spect.. so pray and ask for the strength to forgive them totally.

once you can do that and let it go.. then and only then will you be able to move forward and just be yourself again..

be patient as it may take awhile. you may say you forgive em and yet not really mean it fully for awhile.. but once you fully forgive then youll be healed..

will be prayin for ya also..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Needs Advice
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 05:41 PM

as soemoen who was also teased I can tell you that you must first find happiness with yourself before you can be happy with someone else look for it within and seek Gods guidence.

GBU

ian777

View Profile
History
Needs Advice
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 05:46 PM

Hey Tk,

And ALL of the other ladies on this site: I just had a friend of mine recommend a book, which I read through. WOW. I aint a girl and it impacted me!

It's "Captivating: Unveiling the mystery of a woman's soul" By Stasi and John Eldredge. WOW. It'll help you walk through a lot of what you're facing TK - it's really really good. I actually got my copy used from Amazon for $3 (shipping was $6 - pfffft!). I'd really recommend it ladies; profound, biblically based insight into the place of the woman on earth, why such a specific attack against women as a whole by the enemy, what true beauty is - I mean, it was really, really good stuff.

I think it'll help you through your hurts TK, and give you a renewed boldness to get out there, even being willing to make yourself vulnerable and hurt again.

Ian

View Profile
History
Needs Advice
Posted : 29 Sep, 2009 07:23 PM

Thanks everyone :)

bcpianogal

View Profile
History
Needs Advice
Posted : 30 Sep, 2009 09:17 AM

I have to agree with Ian...the book "Captivating" is one of those books that everyone should read, whether man or woman. I'm reading it for the third time!

View Profile
History
Needs Advice
Posted : 1 Oct, 2009 03:15 PM

going too look on ebay for the book..

GBU all