Author Thread: How do you start looking for what you need instead of what you want?
NotSettlingYet^

View Profile
History
How do you start looking for what you need instead of what you want?
Posted : 9 May, 2022 11:45 PM

It seems like a lot of women I know have been wanting the "bad boy" kind of man who is confident, and leads in their relationship although he is not at all good for her. When she eventually realizes and gets her heart broken she has wasted a lot of time with that kind of man.

As for the men I have heard about manipulative women, and quite often women who change behaviour as soon as they have tied the man down in the relationship, and he becomes miserable over time.

How do we train our dating skills into choosing the partners we need instead of the ones we immediately want? Don't we all need a partner who is honest out of the gate, clear on their boundaries and on their intentions? Who has time for all these games and illusions?

Interested to hear your thoughts on this.

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 May, 2022 08:50 AM

One of my best friends (God rest his soul) was always an idiot to most, but once in a while he had a real gem of wisdom. He said "The difference between why men marry women vs why women marry men; Men think that the women will never change yet they almost always do, women usually think they can change their men yet they seldom do" Now we all know no wisdoms can be held to ALL people, but this ideology is always a recipe for disaster. Honesty up front is always the best. I feel I should let them know my most brutal honest self in the very beginning, if they run away then heart ache is avoided, if they stick around then maybe it was meant to be!!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 May, 2022 08:53 AM

One of my best friends (God rest his soul) was always an idiot to most, but once in a while he had a real gem of wisdom. He said "The difference between why men marry women vs why women marry men; Men think that the women will never change yet they almost always do, women usually think they can change their men yet they seldom do" Now we all know no wisdoms can be held to ALL people, but this ideology is always a recipe for disaster. Honesty up front is always the best. I feel I should let them know my most brutal honest self in the very beginning, if they run away then heart ache is avoided, if they stick around then maybe it was meant to be!!!!

TRUUST

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 May, 2022 08:03 AM

So true dear sister!!!!!! IT'S much better to look for what we NEED than what we WANT......and trust is coming only with ......honesty....🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😆🌷