Author Thread: Missed Chances
DAVWEY83

View Profile
History
Missed Chances
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 10:45 PM

I was wondering... how many of us pass on a chance to get to know someone truly wonderful because they do not meet our preconceived vision of what we are looking for?

How many possibilities of friendship are ignored because of distance or age?

Just wondering.

View Profile
History
Missed Chances
Posted : 3 Oct, 2009 01:06 AM

good question there young man...

Sometimes i wonder how we can say.... let your will be done Lord in every aspect of my life.. but when it comes to prospective mates.... we have our list to which we stick teeth and nails... hahahaha.

Our God and Father knows us, even before we were born, even before we have uttered our prayer..He knows our supplications.

Its only as I have grown a little spiritually that I started to trust most

unto the Lord..and that trust continue to grow as I experienced Him more and more. In coming here i know that if getting married is His will for me, then whoever that person He will give is perfect for me and I will be perfect for him..

So, in coming to this site, i did not put any restrictions for the Lord to move freely..so i got all sorts of mails.. from nice guys, kind guys, thoughtful guys, funny guys, insulting guys to jerks. Of course I replied to everyone... (those who sent instant message...sorry, i have no pop-up fascility ) Even jerks? yes, because i always remember the plaque near my kitchen that says..."Do not be overcome by evil but overcome evil with good." Even those without photos or blurred photos?..yes.. even that....

Conversation went from dancing around the bush, to dismay, to think about it some more, to..i dont think i can afford the trip..to many reasons for which I attribute to.... He is not the right one for me. But i set a timetable to my search .

Now I'm not searching anymore coz I've found the guy that exceeds my youthful list.... Yes, trust the Father..those who is not rgiht for you will surely drop out

View Profile
History
Missed Chances
Posted : 3 Oct, 2009 01:29 AM

PS... I sincerely apologize DAVWEY....i did not see that i was intruding on this 18-35 yr old topic ...but sorry man, i have no way to erase my post.....

okay..if i were 30-35 yrsl old i i happen to be a member of this site.... I guess i would have obeyed my mind and do what is practical... make a list of my preferences...as to missing many chances? God alone knows ?

We always act according to the level of our faith and understanding..thats why

Thanks for forgiving my intrusion brother....

DAVWEY83

View Profile
History
Missed Chances
Posted : 3 Oct, 2009 12:11 PM

Do not not worry about it. A believer is a child of God, no matter the age. :D

Thank you for your input.

chozen2b

View Profile
History
Missed Chances
Posted : 9 Oct, 2009 01:02 PM

The are probably many missed opportunities because we can't see the gift available for looking at the packaging.

View Profile
History
Missed Chances
Posted : 20 Jan, 2010 09:02 AM

I hate missed chances....I've had a few. One that comes to mind right away is the girl I grew up with, but she turned into a totally different person at puberty and only liked me as a friend then. And the rest of my missed chances have been with girls that were or seemed to be special people, ones I could see myself settling down with in every way....except that I wasn't physically attracted to them at all.

But...I look at that as, well, the lord knows what I like and what I'm looking for, so none of those were meant to be.