Author Thread: GOODBYE AND THANK YOU
Admin

GOODBYE AND THANK YOU
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 05:34 AM

HELLO EVERYONE. I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE WHO VIEWED MY PROFILE, WHO IM, WHO TALKED TO ME, ... I WILL DELETE MY PROFILE NOW. THANK YOU EVERYONE. THIS SITE IS NOT FOR ME. I HAVE BEEN HURT SO BAD. GOD BLESS YOU ALL. I HAVE TO GO!

AGAIN, THANK YOU.

Phoebe2

View Profile
History
GOODBYE AND THANK YOU
Posted : 6 Oct, 2009 06:19 AM

I'm sorry u were hurt here, and left disappointed. I guess it's a little too late to tell u wait and give others a chance.

View Profile
History
GOODBYE AND THANK YOU
Posted : 11 Oct, 2009 03:22 PM

Hello Phoebe. THanks. It's you again who consoled me with your kinds words. I am back just now. I gave myself time to think. And I thought of giving it another shot. I hope this time things are different . How are you? Thanks again.

Godbless

ian777

View Profile
History
GOODBYE AND THANK YOU
Posted : 18 Oct, 2009 04:17 AM

Hi Dutzeagle - it's good to see you back. I haven't been able to be on here much the past several months, but when I saw your "goodbye" post, it saddened me. You were gone already, so there seemed no point in posting a reply. Welcome back.

We've all been hurt in some way here - but you need to learn not to take too many things personal. I had to learn this. In fact, being on the online dating scene really helped to toughen me up and realize a lot of things. I was never really on the "dating scene", so much of this is very new to me.

Because I had to turn down some ladies too, I learned a few things about when I'm turned down:

-don't take it personal. They see something you don't, and see that you just wouldn't be compatible

-don't take it personal - we have NO idea what's going on on the other person's end. They may not be interested, or they may be somewhat interested, but they happen to be pursuing someone else to see if it goes anywhere. Or they could be in the hospital! :laugh: You have NO idea why they haven't written back, and often it's because they're not on this site anymore.

-make sure you try other sites; I really like CDFF, but the population is small unfortunately.

-even if a guy turns you down, don't assume that he's happy about it. More than once I've turned down a lady that I actually kinda liked - but I knew it wouldn't work. I'm here to find someone too, so it can be just as disappointing for me to say "I'm sorry, I don't think we're compatible" because it means I'm striking out too.

-keep plugging away: We're all striking out here. Some hit a home run the first person they communicate with on here, others are on matchmaking sites for YEARS before they find someone. It's not always your fault! But use it to learn and to grow in Christ. It could be you're doing some things wrong - I had to learn that. Or it could be you're hear to learn patience (oh, YAY)

-your distance may or may not be a hindrance here. I'm Canadian, I'm looking exclusively for a Canadian woman (a variety of reasons for this), so obviously that cuts down my opportunities here drastically. So i sympathise with how you may feel somewhat isolated on line as well as geographically.

-I've been burned too by those who start corresponding, and then just suddenly stop, those who never write back but have been on line and read my messages, and those who misinterpreted my simple friendliness by responding with "I don't think we're compatible."

I've also gained many great friendships here - you're doing the right thing posting on the forums. You get to see what other people are like, and they get to see what you're like.

So again - good to see you back.

Ian

View Profile
History
GOODBYE AND THANK YOU
Posted : 26 Oct, 2009 03:17 PM

Hello Ian!!! Thanks for welcoming me back... I did learn my lesson and still learning... while staying on this site... I have a better understanding of people now... at least through this forum I can voice out what I think so that I will know what people think....

God bless and thanks again.

Claire

View Profile
History
GOODBYE AND THANK YOU
Posted : 26 Oct, 2009 04:56 PM

dear claire, welcome back. i was gonna write before but when i checked you had left already..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
GOODBYE AND THANK YOU
Posted : 27 Oct, 2009 11:16 PM

Thanks Cattleman... I"m back so hope to chat you sometime..God bless.