Author Thread: a little sermon on worryin yoself ragged..
Admin

a little sermon on worryin yoself ragged..
Posted : 7 Oct, 2009 05:50 PM

dear folks , today i wanna talk to ya a little bout worrying yourself ragged for nothing..

matthew 6:25- 32 25 "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 "So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 "Therefore do not worry, saying, What shall we eat? or What shall we drink? or What shall we wear? 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.

now we see in these verses here that JESUS is tellin us of the LOVE OUR FATHER in heaven has for us.. JESUS tells us that GOD loves us way more than the animals..with whom HE feeds and covers them .. so ya see its not just about worrying but also so that we can know the LOVE GOD has for us also.. see once you realize the kind of love GOD has for us well then you can accept that love and just flat out believe that all will be well and good for you.. theres always hope.. so you can firmly have faith that your heavenly FATHER GOD knows your needs and will always fill your needs.. now how much you worry speaks alot about how much faith you have..

as JESUS said o ye of little faith..

see well need to learn to just let it all go.. as we know GODS love for us. and we also know HE knows our needs. and we also know we must just put our faith in HIM .. and just know that HE will provide for our needs..

matthew 6:33- 34 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

and then lastly JESUS tells us all how we can also be sure that GOD will meet our needs and provide for us. how ? by seekin the kingdom of GOD and HIS righteousness,,, and everything you need will be given to you.. see cause thats how we show GOD our love back... so if you do this then you are not to worry bout your tomorrows.. or what tomorrow may bring.. for today has enuff troubles for itself.. and JESUS also says what good will it do you to worry? not one little bit... as a matter of fact it will do your body great harm.. worrying and stress are two major contributors to killer diseases ... now if it will not do you any good to worry then why in the world do we do it so much? i tell you why... our faith is not strong enuff in knowing the kind of LOVE GOD has for each of HIS children.. now when JESUS tells us to seek the kingdom first and then not to worry.. then JESUS has spoken and we are to let it go and believe and have faith that GOD will provide for our needs.. amen JESUS dont steer you wrong.. HE knew it wasnt good for you.. and here in these powerful verses HE tells us not to worry... so we need to let it go and put our total faith in GOD to provide our needs.. amen.. you gotta believe.. i dont think anyone here has ever starved to death from no food to eat or froze to death because they didnt have any clothes.. or you aint died cause you didnt have a roof over your head.. GOD will provide your needs people... HE always has and always will if you first seek the kingdom.. so why worry? we are really lucky as here in america we have pets that eat better and live better than alot of humans in this ole world.. those who dont know GOD and dont seek HIS kingdom first.. and HIS righteousness.. now maybe them folks oughta worry bout alot of things.. but we who know JESUS dont have to worry bout when we die whats gonna happen to us.. or whether our needs will be met... cause they will long as we follow JESUS s instructions and GODS word... thank you JESUS and THANK GOD for everything good you have.. cause thats where it all come from.. and folks do try not to worry so much.. youll live alot longer..

MAY GLORY BE TO GOD!!!!

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 05:21 AM

Good stuff!Hard to do sometimes though!It sure works out better that way,when you put your trust in Jesus.

In Christ

Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 11:01 AM

dear man, amen man amen.

ole cattle

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2009 05:23 AM

Amen Brother!

It has been on my heart the last six months or so about Trusting God to Be God. Here we have Our Lord God Almighty, and we forget He really is ALL MIGHTY. And sometimes we Trust He will handle the Big Things like the Rapture and Armageddon and such, but do we Trust Him so much with the fine little infinite details?

What if we put half as much effort into God Work as we do into our own "worries"? Sometimes we get so busy concentrating on "things" that all the focus is on ourselves and that is not what God ever intended for us, in fact that is exactly what the devil wants us to do, not God at all.

So as I pondered these things I decided to immerse myself in things I felt drawn to do in His Name. Pray on my concerns, drop them at the alter, pick up His Cross and Carry it to the World for Him in His Name, and I have to say, so far it is working out pretty well.

I figure if I immerse myself in Minor Ministries unto Him, and Trust that God Will Be God, He will Bless me in His own Way and in His own Time for my Treasure isn't here anyway now, is it!

Maybe sometime this weekend I will start a thread on Minor Ministries. Every talks and thinks about Mission Trips or Big Events, but honestly the best place to start Mission work it from right where you are and it is not as difficult as one might think.

Worry and Concern are really the opposite, and enemies of Trust. We can Trust Him with the little stuff too, really, He is God and nothing is too Big, but even Bigger, NOTHING is too small for this is the God that knows how many hairs are on each one of our heads, and how many breaths we have yet to take. That is pretty small and intricate stuff and THAT is a really Big Deal.

If He can count every grain of sand on a beach, I think He can sort through all the people out there and find that one guy for me, but I also know, its going to be in HIS Time, not mine.

So don't worry. Let God Be God. Do His Work, and Let Him be concerned with the rest.

Tarasye:waving:

lordsgirl

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2009 03:25 PM

thank you for the reminder!!! ole' Cattle

God Bless

Lordsgirl:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Oct, 2009 05:23 PM

dear girl, welcome to the forums.. may all glory be to GOD..

ole cattle

explor_r

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Oct, 2009 04:30 PM

Yes this goes parallel to the post I wrote today as well & worry does not add 1 cubit to your life can only physically & emotionally harm you when you are in your own thoughts & they are out of Gods will which worry & stressing over any situation is out of Gods will no matter how hard the situation is. Lay it at the cross & leave it there.