Author Thread: Where's your most beautiful location?
Admin

Where's your most beautiful location?
Posted : 8 Oct, 2009 05:16 PM

The maples up here in Minnesota are turning the most glorious shades of gold and incandescent orange. This prompts the thought, "Where is the most beautiful location in my world?" For me it may be that one hilly stretch of trail just before Grass Lake.

How about yours women? Where's your most magical spot??

godlymom2

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2009 09:24 AM

The beach and the dunes of Nags Head/Kitty Hawk/Kill Devil Hills beautiful and one of my favorite locations to visit, but...

I'm quite partial to the beautiful fall foliage of the Great Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. (BrownEyed- you will enjoy it when you visit...we've had a good bit of rain recently so we're expecting quite a spectacular, colorful show. It's just beginning...reds, oranges, yellows...so amazing! I saw a tree on the university campus the other day that was still green near the trunk, but the leaves at the far tips of the branches were bright red. It looked like flames around the edges of the tree. God�s creation is so awesome!)

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2009 12:51 PM

Thanks, everyone!!

Maybe another beautiful location could be described as, "Up ahead - just around the next bend in the road."

P:)

Intellectual_4Play

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Oct, 2009 01:03 PM

Surprise Valley-Cordova Alaska

I spent summers in Cordova working and I loved hiking in the area. In my imagination I have re-hiked the trail to Crater lake a hundred times. (Not to be confused with Oregon's Crater Lake-another unforgettable beauty).

So one day we went by car to this place with a waterfall that was pretty (grew up in Oregon-there are lots of waterfalls so I wasn't terrible impressed -Go to Silver Creek Falls or Multnomah Falls if you want tallk spectacular falls-great hikes too by the way). Side tracked.. sorry. So we go by car to this fall and wind past it and you take this sudden corner and that summer the Valley floor was laidened with pink native flowers, there are these rock cliffs, this greenery-its impossible to describe. I seriously want to back since I didn't have a camera that day. Was it really as beautiful as I remember? If not the memory is spectacular, the hike daring and slightly dangerous, the sun was shining and it was a great day.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2009 06:09 PM

Maybe another beautiful location could be described as, "Up ahead - just around the next bend in the road."

---

That statement made me think of Pocahontas :) "Just around the river bend"

The Most beautiful location to me is wherever God takes me next. That sounds so preachy and so "Christian." But I love mission work, so everywhere God has taken me is my next beautiful place to be.

So I guess you really could say "Just around the river bend" to this.

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Oct, 2009 06:12 PM

I forgot to mention Locally.

But I would also say Pinnacle Mountain in Little Rock.

The climb is challenging but the view of Arkansas is beautiful.

It really makes you appreciate this hole in the wall of a state :)

Rosemarie00

View Profile
History
Posted : 13 Oct, 2009 02:17 PM

Of all the places I have been to in the states the most beautful is Montana, the mountians are prettier than the British Columbia ones.

Page : 1 2