Author Thread: Broken Roads
Admin

Broken Roads
Posted : 18 May, 2008 07:20 PM

Our lives are like roads. We travel many paths, some not so good at times, and some so wonderful! Relationships, family, friends, and lovers. Some work out, some do not. But, there seems to me to be that very one, that one you just can't shake no mater what. It stays with you and in your heart, you know it was the one. But, it slipped from your hands. For so many reasons, some our own fault, some because someone chose to move in a different direction. But, as the song goes, "God Blessed the Broken Road, that led me straight to you", we must be careful what we intentionally throw away. Are we throwing away something that God has given as a gift because of foolish pride? Because we feel we are so right? Or because maybe it was just too hard? Relationships, good ones, long standing ones are so hard to find. I believe, that true love, shared between each person with love and compassion doesn't grow on trees. If you have found one of these precious gems, don't let it go. Don't become so hard hearted that you just proclaim "I am not affected by that anymore! I have moved on!" Have you really? If you have never experienced this wonderful gift, then when you do, you will know it, and do not let it go. Satan wishes to destroy this God given gift, and always remember, he cannot if you will not let him. Swallow that pride, forget who is right or wrong, and hold on to the love you find that is true. You will never regret it!

ephesians522

View Profile
History
Broken Roads
Posted : 8 Jun, 2008 09:44 PM

I agree, a good relationship (especially one between a man and a woman) is a gift by God's grace. Really, it is something we don't have to work for or deserve to receive. As in any gift, it is meant to be enjoy and cherished. It is a special bond between two people secured by Love.

" Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."> 1 Corinthians 13:4-7.

Look at your past relationship. Was that passage posted where it would be a daily reminder?

Unfortunately sometimes we take the gifts we receive and put them in places where we lose site of them. We become wrapped up in obtaining things on this Earth where we would live in more comfort physically. To obtain a certain status. To enjoy a different lifestyle. With that we become more demanding of ourselves and with that seek relief from what drives us to reach a certain goal. Thus the gift grows old, and loses its importance.

The more we seek to obtain in this world, the more we lose site on what is important. Without reminders we tend to lose track and wander off the road we should be following.

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated his own body, but he feeds and cares for it, just as Christ does the church for we are members of his body. "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh."his is a profound mystery�but I am talking about Christ and the church. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.>Ephesians 5:22-33

Funny how the segment on the husbands is longer than the wives.

God chastises us to get us back on track. We learn from our mistakes. If we don't move on then when it comes time for God to replace a broken or lost gift. We will not see it when it is set in front of us.

May God bring you many blessings.

View Profile
History
Broken Roads
Posted : 9 Jun, 2008 01:37 PM

thank you for your post. I wrote it because in my short time here I have met people who tell me their problem is another person. I believe most of our problems are self inflicted. I think most of it is pride and disobedience. Pride cometh before destruction Prov 16:18 So many are of the mindset that the other person is to supply them with all they need, when it is God whose job that is, and ours to allow him to fill us. And, I think at times, He does answer and sends the one He knows is the perfect match, and people just want either perfection or their ears tickled, and they move on and in this day and age, just find another and another and another. It hurts me to see this! Your words are like water to a parched soul! God Bless You!

hedgedweller

View Profile
History
Broken Roads
Posted : 10 Jun, 2008 03:23 AM

broken roads,,, wow, what a title,,,

so many times iIhave taken the wrong trail in life only to find God waiting at the end of my self decided path. God is great and his ways past finding out.

Psalm 139: 2Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.

3Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.

4For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.

5Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.

6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

7Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?

8If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

9If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;((( heh, he is there also!))

,,,,,, God bless,,,,,,, Bruce,,,,,, :peace: o u t !!!!