Author Thread: a little sermon on healin and sin..
Admin

a little sermon on healin and sin..
Posted : 17 Oct, 2009 05:06 PM

dear folks tonight id like to talk to ya a little about one of JESUS S healings. it seems that there was a pool of water near the sheep gates at a place called bethseda. it had 5 porches and in those 5 porches a lot of folks with all kinds of things wrong with them lay around there just waiting for the waters to stir. now an angel went down there at a certain times and stirred the waters. and whoever stepped in there first after the stirring was healed from whatever disease they had. JESUS went in there and happened to see a man that had been with an infirmity for 38 years. so JESUS asked him if he wanted to be made well? and the man informed HIM that he couldn't get to the pool fast enuff . always someone else would beat him to the waters first.

john 5:8-9 8 Jesus said to him, "Rise, take up your bed and walk." 9 And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked.

now this all was done on the sabath day and later the jews learned of this from the man who was now made well.

john 5:14 Afterward Jesus found him in the temple, and said to him, "See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you."

now i wonder just how many of us could pull that off .. go and sin no more lest a worse thing come upon you.

you think about it ,that's a huge request .. go and sin no more. i understand the gratitude the man must have had for JESUS and all. but did he go and live perfect the rest of his life? and sin no more.

well id have to say that he did as told. because we didn't hear any different. and boy would that have been one scripture that would of scairt the beegeebers out of most anyone. if he would of sinned again and had summin worse happen to him. that would of been one heck of a testimony to the reasons why as to listen to GODS WORD and to heed it to a tee. or else summin worse than what you've already lived through for so many many years will happen to you if you do sin again. or even gave fuel for fire for the pharisees to of had one of JESUS S healings go backward . ya know. so ya see even though ive often said that were not perfect and may mess up time to time . well i have to admit that that was just an escuse on my part. a form of justification for sin . for those slip up times .

romans 6:1-2 1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?

see we all died to sin and even though we do have grace . we dont want it to abound. if we sin after we are saved then its because we allowed ourselves to fall into it. the bible tells us we are not sposed to live our lives in sin. we are to follow and heed GODS WORD and to live righteously. so see JESUS told the man go and sin no more well that says that he could do it. same as we can if we make a concious effort to not sin and stick in our bibles readin the word to get in ingrained into our hearts ,minds, and souls. so no more escuses or justifications for sin. as GOD doesn't wanna hear our escuses . HE just wants to see us follow HIS WORD and HIS ways. and if per happenstance we do mess up along the way then a good ole heartfelt apology and askin for HIS forgiveness and stop doin whatever it was ,,is what HE would rather hear and see than any escuses or justifications we may try to come up with.. live your lives for GOD as HE gave JESUS S life for you.

may GLORY BE TO GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Oct, 2009 06:19 PM

WORD! :applause: :laugh:

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Oct, 2009 08:18 AM

I agree with you ole' cattle.