Author Thread: Respect Bible Verses
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Respect Bible Verses
Posted : 6 Jun, 2023 08:24 AM

some Bible verses about respect

Matthew 7:12

So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Romans 12:10

Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

1 Peter 2:17

Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

Exodus 20:12

Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.

Titus 2:7

Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity,

Philippians 2:3

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.

Romans 13:2

Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

Leviticus 19:32

You shall stand up before the gray head and honor the face of an old man, and you shall fear your God: I am the Lord.

1 Thessalonians 5:12-13

We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves.

Romans 12:9-11

Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.

Luke 14:10

But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, move up higher.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you.

Acts 10:34-35

So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.”

1 Peter 3:7

Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

Colossians 3:25

For the wrongdoer will be paid back for the wrong he has done, and there is no partiality.

Hebrews 13:7

Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith.

Ephesians 5:33

However, let each one of you love his wife as himself, and let the wife see that she respects her husband.

1 Peter 3:15

But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,

Ephesians 6:1-3

Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.”

Luke 6:31

And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

Matthew 19:19

Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Unless otherwise noted, all Bible verses are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® Copyright© 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers.

Special thanks to OpenBible.info for the data on the most well-known Bible verses.

Articles are All by

Got Questions Ministries.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Respect Bible Verses
Posted : 6 Jun, 2023 04:34 PM

Please stay on Topics..........

All Articles

By got questions ministries

meekness of wisdom

After challenging his readers about the stricter judgment for those who teach and the universal problem we have in controlling our tongues, James exhorts readers to live in the meekness of wisdom (James 3:13). James first asks, “Who is wise and understanding among you?” (James 3:13a, ESV). He then explains the way to demonstrate wisdom and understanding: “By his good conduct let him show his works in the meekness of wisdom” (James 3:13b, ESV).

James contrasts good and bad behavior and shows the relationship of both to wisdom. He warns against bitter jealousy and selfish ambition, noting that, if a person claiming to be wise has those traits, he is arrogant and lying against the truth (James 3:14). The kind of wisdom that results in bitter jealousy and selfish ambition is not from above but is earthly, natural, and demonic (James 3:15). This kind of wisdom houses jealousy and selfish ambition and is accompanied by disorder and all evil practice (James 3:16).

By contrast, the kind of wisdom James advocates is wisdom from above. That kind of wisdom is first pure, then peaceable, gentle (or tolerant), listening to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, and without hypocrisy (James 3:17). This kind of wisdom bears the fruit of righteousness; the seed sown in peace by peacemakers (James 3:18). Lest a person think that this incredible heavenly wisdom is out of reach, James introduces his discussion by exhorting his readers to ask for wisdom from God, who will certainly provide it (James 1:5).

Paul offers a similar contrast and helps demonstrate how can we live in the meekness or humility of wisdom. Paul shuns the wisdom of this age (1 Corinthians 2:6), noting that such false wisdom led to the rulers crucifying Christ (1 Corinthians 2:8). Instead, Paul speaks of wisdom from God—a wisdom that leads to our glory (1 Corinthians 2:7). It is important to Paul that his readers don’t place their faith in the wisdom of men, but rather in God’s wisdom. This wisdom of God can allow a person to be spiritual rather than filled with jealousy and strife (1 Corinthians 3:1–3).

Both Paul and James work from the same understanding of wisdom as Solomon, who also helps us understand how we can live in meekness of wisdom. The concepts of meekness and humility are closely connected. Solomon has a great deal to say about humility and wisdom, and he connects the fear of the Lord to both. He notes that the fear of the Lord is the instruction for wisdom and that before honor is humility (Proverbs 15:33). Before one can be wise, he must fear the Lord. Before one can be worthy of honor, he must have humility. Humility and the fear of the Lord go hand in hand and precede the fruit that is born from them (wisdom and honor). This proper perspective is necessary for us to live the kinds of lives He has designed. This is the meekness (or humility) of wisdom that James wants his readers to walk in. The challenge James offers to his readers is simple: live by earthly, natural, or demonic wisdom, or live by the wisdom that God freely provides for all who ask (James 1:5).

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Respect Bible Verses
Posted : 7 Jun, 2023 06:15 AM

Sounds as if you don’t know the difference between an “insult” and an opinion.

Here’s some helpful insights

An “insult” is intended to give cause to offend or to snub another person usually with no other purpose in mind.

An opinion, however, could simply be a person stating his thoughts or beliefs about something or it could be his personal point of view.

“Off topic”??? You seem to have been the only one here straying away from your own topic. Thanks for publicly exhorting yourself to stay focused.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Respect Bible Verses
Posted : 7 Jun, 2023 08:01 AM

INSULTING again seems to what you do best here.

Trying seeking God for to give you Holy Spirit leading.

Instead trying to teach but continuing degrading me and whomever you disagree with in Beliefs.

Your off topic of Respect too.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Respect Bible Verses
Posted : 7 Jun, 2023 08:02 AM

You're being Harassing......... continuously

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Respect Bible Verses
Posted : 7 Jun, 2023 09:42 AM

Nothing I’ve said is “harassing” or “insulting”. These are more of your trademark false accusations you resort to when people disagree with you.

Several other people and l have tried to inform you that these are public forums. These forums are public domain, they are not yours. Forum participants have a right and responsibility to weigh in on topics that are up for discussion.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Respect Bible Verses
Posted : 9 Jun, 2023 05:33 AM

I definitely don't need guidance from you on here .

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Respect Bible Verses
Posted : 9 Jun, 2023 05:35 AM

We are witnesses of these things; and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey Him.

Acts

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Respect Bible Verses
Posted : 9 Jun, 2023 05:38 AM

Never have I said here, anything about forums being mine.

There All Public! Ridiculous accusation.

LittleDavid

View Profile
History
Respect Bible Verses
Posted : 9 Jun, 2023 06:31 AM

You act as if the forums are yours when you tell people who don’t agree with you to get off or move on from the threads you start.

That’s why you need to be reminded the forum threads you start on this public site belong to Christian Dating for Free. Only CDFF can order people to get off thread forums.

Have you showed your posts to your pastor to get his advice?

Have you asked him about the definition of plagiarism? When you copy someone’s articles it’s called plagiarism. Plagiarism is legally defined as “stealing”.

I don’t believe you intentionally meant to “steal” from Got Questions but that’s how plagiarism is legally defined. I didn’t just make it up.

You need to include the authors name👉each👈time you copy and post.

I remember informing you about giving credit to authors you copy a long time ago but you just brushed aside my comments saying you posted credits to the author’s name a long time ago and you didn’t need to do it every time you post.

Hope you at least read Contented’s post.

Since you won’t believe me anymore, ask you pastor.

If you don’t believe me, Contented, or Got Questions, then ask your pastor. Maybe you’re afraid he will agree with me?

You’re mad at me just because I disagree with you on a few things you say.

That’s being super silly and sensitive because I don’t disagree with everything you say.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Respect Bible Verses
Posted : 9 Jun, 2023 12:19 PM

Let no unwholesome word preceed from your mouth., but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear.

Ephesians

I don't get mad..

l Pray for You 🙏.

Just move .9n you're way off Topic of Respect

Page : 1 2 3