Author Thread: You have a Man you are dating
Moonlight7

View Profile
History
You have a Man you are dating
Posted : 5 Oct, 2023 11:52 AM

If you are not married and exclusively dating a man but he dates another woman without you knowing about it, do you think he is cheating on you? Why?

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Oct, 2023 02:53 PM

The woman reached the exclusive mark, she didn't consult with the man.

Hawkdrivr68

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Oct, 2023 03:08 PM

So, not seeing, but dating multiple people at once is moral, justified, and ok in relationships (Christian or otherwise), but sex while dating isn't? Where do you get your moral compass and values? When did your heart grow cold and your compassion, selflessness, and empathy for the other person dry up for your pleasure? Just because you draw the line at sex before marriage doesn't mean you are not acting outside the will of God and hurting another person/ causing them to stumble as well.

I don't know where you get your definitions. Sounds like you've been duped into thinking like modern culture. And looking at your profile... it is clear you are not here to find a Christian relationship. Your looking for "friends" and "already dating"... who knows how many at once, lol.

I think your question is devious and meant to justify your own actions. And I'm sad for a man that might be actually serious about you.

The word dating itself is the very essence of an initial commitment... to get to know one another and see weather to stay friends or proceed toward marriage.

It used to be that entering into a dating relationship the unwritten rule was that it was assumed to be exclusive unless otherwise discussed. It is sad now that the reverse seems to be true in both modern culture, and now, after seeing your question and subsequent commentary and that of the man above... supposedly Christian culture as well.

Not even citing religious texts or norms, even the modern world, by definition, agrees with this... even if it's not seen as practiced anymore...

Common dictionary definition:

dating

noun

1. A form of romantic courtship typically between two individuals with the aim of assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or as a spouse. The result of dating may at any time lead to friendship, any level of intimate relationship, marriage, or no relation.

2. An estimation of the age of an artifact, biological vestige, linguistic usage, etc.

3. The setting of a date on which an event or transaction is to take place or take effect.

So you see, dating is CLEARLY a commitment to another person.

Also, to assume the female is more "picky " and not doing this as much as men has clearly been debunked. Women cheat just as much as men. The only difference is the concessions they use to justify their behavior.... and the spite / vindictivness behind it. Women and men, not walking in their faith can be horndogs... but now often then not it is the woman that cheats because they are emotionally hurt/ upset and feel justified to "sore him", "get back at him", or "hurt him as well"... even if he never finds out. (sad lol.)

If you have to ask, you already knew it was wrong. Just trying to find a way to make it ok in your own mind/ heart. 😔

No matter if one thinks it is right or wrong,

The courteous thing to do, especially if in a "Christian" relationship, is let the other know you don't think you are exclusive and will be/are seeing others.

The faithful one that finds out has justification to feel hurt and betrayed otherwise, and SHOULD either end the farce of a relationship or lay out a clear path of conduct for correction and reconciliation that if not followed end the relationship by the faulty actions of the one acting inappropriately. And the faithful one, though hurt, can walk away guilt free knowing it was the others decision by their actions.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2023 05:11 AM

Hawk

You are intitled to your opinion here like everyone else and myself.

Dating is a way to get to know a Man .

Yes I enjoy it and the Men I have dated do as well,

What I do in my life is my Personal business.

Oh By the way No man is perfect even yourself , so be careful how you judge me.

All kinds of relationships in the World some people have Children and they never had a Spouse.

Some men Never Marry but lust for marriage.

List goes on............

God is my only juge Brother.

Moonlight7

View Profile
History
Posted : 30 Oct, 2023 05:15 AM

" Judge" edited

People are who they are God changes hearts. He knows yours.

Handyman62

View Profile
History
Posted : 1 Nov, 2023 10:13 AM

I stand by what I said about "No ring no cheating" To me a ring means a commitment, but not quite as much as marriage. In reality though I see true cheating as sexual infidelity during marriage so I'm stretching things when I include a ring/engagement as cheating.

It doesn't mean that seeing other people when you have agreed to only date one another isn't wrong. I just don't think it rises to the level of cheating.

We have to be very careful about how we Christians use words because one of Satan tactics is to water down/change the meaning of words by using them in phrases like "toxic masculinity" Masculinity is not inherently bad in fact men and women couldn't live without it.

Page : 1 2