Author Thread: Creative Christian Halloween Ideas ✝️🎃
homelesschristian

View Profile
History
Creative Christian Halloween Ideas ✝️🎃
Posted : 20 Oct, 2023 09:05 AM

👉 Carve Pumpkins with a Pumpkin Prayer

We are starting this Christian Halloween Ideas tradition this year! I have seen varying renditions of the pumpkin prayer, so I decided to create my own! The idea is to level up the pumpkin carving tradition by carving it with your kids while saying a prayer. Each line pertains to a separate part of the pumpkin carving.

You will start by cutting off the top and asking your kids to open their minds we can all learn more about Jesus through this pumpkin carving session. It’s a little cheesy and might work better for little kids, but I think the concept could be pretty effective as you mold it into something for your own family.

👉 Watch Holiday Shows that Offer a Redemption Story

I gauge my own TV watching on one principle: Does this storyline offer redemption?

It does not have to weave the Gospel into its storyline, but it does have to offer some sort of character redemption. Did the characters in the story grow and learn? Was there any sort of moral lesson?

Here are a few Halloween or Holiday shows that I have watched and enjoyed during the fall season.

It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

Spooky the Square Pumpkin

Fly Away Home

October Sky

Stellaluna

These are tame fall movies that have a good storyline without being exclusive ‘Halloween’ in nature

👉 Make Gratefulness Pumpkins

This idea is a bit more on the Thanksgiving bandwagon, but the reason I mention it is that I like to start this tradition around the middle of October and let it continue throughout Thanksgiving. It is a super fun activity for little ones and can even integrate some literacy learning, which as a previous literacy teacher, I LOVE!

The idea is to take a bundle of small pumpkins and set them out in a well-used space of your house. For us, this is our living room on an end table.

If your children are old enough, you can place Sharpie paint markers around. Ask your children to start writing on the sides of the pumpkins what they are grateful for. For smaller children, I have even placed crayons in a basket with the pumpkins. You can read more about the activity here.

👉 Read Some Stories of the Saints

Another great activity for this time of the year is to start teaching your kids about the martyrs and saints that have gone before us and the sacrifices that they have made for Jesus

👉 Dress up as Bible Characters

I’ve heard all sorts of different versions of this idea. This certainly does not have to be a Christian Halloween idea, you could do it any time of the year!

One way to do it is to have your own Fall celebration and invite a bunch of friends. Each family could dress up as a Bible story. Or each child could dress up as a Bible character. The renditions of this idea could be endless!

Here are some fun ones to get you started!

Moses

Solomon

One of the Three Wise Men

Esther

Deborah (the Warrior)

Paul

Timothy

King David

👉 Reverse Treating

I love this idea, but I have not yet done it with my own children as they are still a bit too little for the full impact of the activity.

Instead of your children getting candy and treats, why not allow them to give candy and treats?

There are many ways to do this. You can package up little bags or boxes of candy, treats, and fun items, make sure you include a little note about why you’re doing ‘Trick-or-Treating’ this way. You could even add one of the Halloween Scripture Cards printables (that is available at the end of this post).

👉 Decorate Cookies or Cupcakes

This is a great activity for little kids who can’t quite do the more involved activities for higher ages. You could even use the edible sugar fall leaves or these fall cupcake liners for decorations!

If you want to put a Christian Halloween Ideas spin on it, you can add some scripture to your decorating or cut-out crosses

👉 Listen to Halloween Audiobooks

There are some really fun audio dramas that can accurately explain Halloween and bring some entertainment to your little ones! During my childhood, I remember listening to Adventures in Odyssey’s “What are we going to do about Halloween” on many occasions.

👉 Carve some Fruits of the Spirit Pumpkins

What to do some Christian Halloween crafts? Why not carve some Fruits of the Spirit pumpkins? Not all pumpkin carving has to be creepy! You can make some really creative pumpkin carvings that are happy! I was astonished to find these Disney pumpkin carving stencils online.

However, a Christian alternative would be to carve a pumpkin for each fruit of the spirit! Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, and Self-Control! What a wonderful lineup of pumpkins you would have on your front porch. This would also be a great idea for harvest festivals.

I have also really enjoyed doing pumpkin painting with little ones. All you have to do is set them loose with some good-quality paint and a pumpkin. This also is an easier way to do the fruits of the spirit pumpkins. You can write with Patio Paint the fruit of the spirit and then have your children illustrate it.

The Patio Paint allows for the paint to be weatherproof. It won’t last forever, but it lasts longer than washable or acrylic paint.

painted pumpkin for Christian Halloween Ideas

👉 Attend a Fall Celebration of Trunk-or-Treat Party

Chances are there are at least a couple of churches in your area that do an alternative to the Halloween celebration. At my church, we do a Fall Celebration, which includes a Trunk or Treats option. It is such a fun activity and outreach for our community. Maybe you can even start one at your church! This is a nice alternative to a Halloween party! Last year my kids really enjoyed our Fall Celebration at our church. It’s always enjoyable to dress up in fun costumes that are family-friendly, and attending a church party is a great way to do that.

It’s also a great opportunity to share the Good News and Gospel message with your unsaved community. It can also be an opportunity for church members to introduce them to the local church.

👉 Add some Christian Fall Yard Stakes to your Yard

Yard decorations during the Halloween season, become quite scary looking. Want to put a Christian Halloween Ideas spin on it? Add some Christian Fall Yard Stakes to your own yard. You could even make your own!

👉 Go Bobbing for Scripture!

My final idea for my top 15 Christian Halloween ideas, is to go bobbing for scripture! Are you wondering what that possibly could be?! Have you ever done the classic apple bob in a pool of water? What about doing a bob with scriptures? You can get creative with this, but the easiest way is to get some rubber ducks and write scripture on the bottom. The 5 Solas would work well for this too.

You could even laminate the printable scripture cards and put those in the pool of water!