Author Thread
homelesschristian

View Profile
😳😳 boy oh boy i haven't seen a post this size in years πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
Posted : 28 Apr, 2024 09:24 AM

I didn't know you were an old-timer like me walk n talk

i can remember back in the day when the chat rooms were full @ night lots of good conversations back then

homelesschristian

View Profile
Posted : 27 Apr, 2024 02:40 PM

Reminds me of the good old days when I first joined cdff back in 2010.

homelesschristian

View Profile
Posted : 27 Apr, 2024 10:29 AM

That's it that's all

homelesschristian

View Profile
Was false teacher Billy Graham right when he implied doctrine isn’t important, just have love⁉️
Posted : 25 Apr, 2024 10:46 AM

I remember 20 years ago or so the late great Dr Robert Morey.

mentioned something about this on his radio program

πŸ€”πŸ€” does anybody know if his son Franklin is off the beaten path doctrinally speaking as well ❓❓

homelesschristian

View Profile
Searching a Baptist in Europe
Posted : 21 Apr, 2024 12:16 PM

You can go to any holy spirit-filled Christian Church

It doesn't have to be in the Hebrew name yeshua I can be in the name of Jesus Christ or German, whatever language.

homelesschristian

View Profile
πŸ€” Ithink you're too far gone to be saved 🀬 ❓❓ let me introduce you to paul
Posted : 20 Apr, 2024 03:12 PM

Walk and talk Matthew 12:27

CSB

And if I drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your sons drive them out? For this reason they will be your judges

Meaning that Jesus Christ himself is telling them you're doomed you are going to hell Satan and his demons will be your torturers for eternity ❗❗ today that is reserved only yes only for those who reject the grace of Christ

homelesschristian

View Profile
Posted : 20 Apr, 2024 10:56 AM

β­πŸ•ŠοΈπŸ’‘ That's not true walk and talk Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit has to do with accusing Jesus Christ of being demon-possessed instead of Spirit-filled. This particular type of blasphemy ⭐ cannot be duplicated today ⭐ The Pharisees were in a unique moment in history: they had the Law and the Prophets, they had the Holy Spirit stirring their hearts, they had the Son of God Himself standing right in front of them, and they saw with their own eyes the miracles He did. Never before in the history of the world (and never since) had so much divine light been granted to men; if anyone should have recognized Jesus for who He was, it was the Pharisees. Yet they chose defiance. They purposely attributed the work of the Spirit to the devil, even though they knew the truth and had the proof. Jesus declared their willful blindness to be unpardonable. Their blasphemy against the Holy Spirit was their final rejection of God’s grace. They had set their course, and God was going to let them sail into perdition unhindered

homelesschristian

View Profile
Posted : 19 Apr, 2024 11:06 AM

Thanks bro David and yes I think this would be an excellent idea for a future post β€œWas Paul really the worst sinner or was Paul just exaggerating to make a point?

homelesschristian

View Profile
Posted : 17 Apr, 2024 12:22 PM

1 timothy 1 :13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief

in this passage paul explains his own testimony. This is important, since it shows that Paul doesn't consider himself better than those he is criticizing. He recognizes his own sin. After thanking Jesus in the previous verse, Paul speaks in graphic terms about the man he used to be. This was prior to his miraculous conversion Acts 9:1–22.

Paul refers to three specific areas: blasphemy, aggression, and arrogance. Paul spoke against Jesus, persecuted His followers, and opposed the church. When Jesus appeared to Paul on the road to Damascus, His first words were, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?" Acts 9:4

The next phrase identifies what changed Paul: the mercy of God. Paul will use a similar phrase in verse 16. The Greek word used here is Δ“leΔ“thΔ“n, translated as "received mercy." The term is passive: Paul did not go out and acquire mercy, God provided it with no contribution on Paul's part. Old Testament law distinguished between intentional and unintentional sins Numbers 15:22–31 Paul knew his heart prior to conversion was sincere, but sincerely wrong. Paul saw himself as one who sinned ignorantly until God poured out His mercy upon him

homelesschristian

View Profile
πŸ™‚πŸ’―πŸ‘πŸ’‘β­πŸ•ŠοΈβœοΈπŸ’’ happy easter christ the king is risen ❗❗
Posted : 31 Mar, 2024 08:19 AM

The Resurrected Jesus

A. The resurrection of Jesus is discovered.

1. (Luke 24:1-3) Women followers of Jesus discover the empty tomb of Jesus.

Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they, and certain other women with them, came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.

a. Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning: Jesus was crucified on Friday (or on Thursday by some accounts). After His entombment, the tomb was sealed and guarded by Roman soldiers (Matthew 27:62-66). The tomb stayed sealed and guarded until discovered by these women on the first day of the week, very early in the morning.

i. A rich man like Joseph of Arimethea would likely have a tomb carved into solid rock; this tomb was in a garden near the place of crucifixion (John 19:41). The tomb would have a small entrance and perhaps one or more compartments where bodies were laid out after being wrapped with linen strips smeared with spices, aloes, and ointments. Customarily, the Jews left these bodies alone for a few years until they decayed down to the bones, then the bones were placed in a small stone box known as an ossuary. The ossuary remained in the tomb with the remains of other family members.

ii. The entrance to the tomb was blocked by a heavy circular shaped stone, securely rolled in a channel, so only several strong men could move it. This was done to ensure that no one would disturb the remains.

iii. John 19:42 specifically tells us that the tomb of Joseph of Arimethea that Jesus was laid in was close to the place of Jesus’ crucifixion (and each of the two suggested places for Jesus’ death and resurrection bear this out). Joseph probably didn’t like it that the value of his family tomb decreased because the Romans decided to crucify people nearby; yet it reminds us that in God’s plan, the cross and the power of the resurrection are always permanently and closely connected.

iv. "This became the day of Christian worship (cf. Acts 20:7). The change from the traditional and biblical Sabbath is in itself a strong evidence of the Resurrection because it shows the strength of the disciples' conviction about what happened on that day." (Liefeld)

b. They, and certain other women with them: These women are of special note. They refers to the women from Galilee who saw Jesus put in the tomb (Luke 23:55-56). Luke agrees with Mark 15:47 and Matthew 27:61 that they included Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of James (Luke 24:10). The certain other women with them included Joanna, (Luke 24:10) and others, unnamed (and the other women with them, Luke 24:10).

i. "These women came first, by a wonderful providence, before the apostles, to confute that impudent lie made by the priests, that the disciples had stolen the body away." (Trapp)

c. Came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared: The body of Jesus was hastily prepared for burial by Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus (John 19:38-41). The women came to properly complete the hurried job performed immediately after Jesus' death.

i. Mark 16:3 tells us that the women discussed the problem of what to do with the heavy stone blocking the entrance to the tomb.

d. But they found the stone rolled away from the tomb. Then they went in and did not find the body of the Lord Jesus: The actual event of Jesus’ resurrection is nowhere described, but the discovery of it is recorded in some detail. Here, the women who intended to give Jesus’ body a more proper burial discover that the stone was rolled away from the tomb, and that the body of Jesus was not inside the tomb.

i. "This lack of spectacular detail itself speaks for the historicity of the New Testament documents. There is no attempt on the part of the writers to embellish the event of the Resurrection." (Pate)

ii. Matthew 27:65-66 reminds us that there was a guard set round the tomb. The stone could not have been rolled away by the women (they were not strong enough) or by the disciples (even if they were brave enough, they could not overcome the armed guards). No one else would have wanted to roll away the stone, and Matthew 28:2 tells us that it was an angel who rolled it away.

iii. The stone was not rolled away to let Jesus out. John 20:19 tells us that Jesus, in His resurrection body, could pass through material barriers. The stone was rolled away so that others could see in and be persuaded that Jesus Christ was and is risen from the dead

Page : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10